Topic: Joe at Antone's Austin Tx

Hey now one and all
I've never seen Joe live, but met five other friends for the Joe show and was awed by the display of the wicked guitar wizardry that Mr. B. delt out.
Being 54 years old and growing up in Los Angeles I had seen most every guitar slinger, and moved to Austin in 1984 and have seen the rest.
Yes the "Waiting on the Bus">Mule>Eric Johnson solo>guitar break from Heart Breaker was totally sick and one of the most jaw dropping moments. 
I liked his song he played using the hollow body Tele with the sweet paint job.
And he could play the acoustic too!
I yelled out "Joe! You da man"! and everyone in the audience yelled "Yeah"! to which Joe smiled a big old grin, and then someone over to the left of the stage yelled "Play that guitar, Godamn it"!  and Joe walked over to the mik and said "Now I know I'm in Texas"!
I got him to sign my motorcycle helmet!  He seemed surprised by that one.
For being 28 ?  he is truly a virtuoso that deserves nothing but the best!
I won't miss Joe any time soon.
Jim Dickey
Austin, Tx
P.S.  Can someone tell me the name of the keyboard player from Austrailia playing
with Joe.  I'm gonna see Tommy Emmanuell next month and wanted to metion to him that I had talked to Joe's piano player who had played with him in Dragon after the show and he wanted me to say hello to for him.

Re: Joe at Antone's Austin Tx

Jim,

The keyboard player's name is Rick Mellick.

And welcome to the board. You are now officially a Bona-freak.

Oh, and I'm sure Joe will enjoy being reminded of this but he's 30, not 28 (those were the days wink)

Nancy

I'm just saying.

Hey texastengu - glad you got to see Joe perform! I don't think there's anyone like him, and I have seen my share of G3 and other such concerts. While I think those shredders have practiced on the axe, if I had to choose between a JB concert or anyone else, I'd be in front of JOE BONAMASSA! Your post makes me wish he was back in Phoenix tonight and it's only been a bit over a week since he was here!

Welcome texastengu..Thanks for sharing. Got my pulse racing!! Glad your Bonabaptism was memorable. You'll come back!....Cathy

Welcome Texas!

I have seen a ton of guitar players, and Mr. B is the man! Just saw him twice in a week, now the deep depression is setting in. I need more Bonamassa to cure the pain! I'll be at the Arlington show, got family to see that week, check the forum when the show gets close. I'll buy you a beer.

Shred