Topic: Joe at Beaver Creek Resort in Avon, CO on 5/26 and 5/27

I'm psyched for this 2 day Blues, Brews and BBQ festival with Joe and the boys playing both days.  When I got my hotel reservation a couple weeks ago, they said Joe would be playing from 4:30-6 pm on Saturday the 26th and 2:30-4 pm on Sunday the 27th (even though the tour page says 2 pm on Saturday). 

Also performing are Ron Thompson and Rod Piazza and the Mighty Flyers.  Anybody else coming?  Sounds like a good time.

http://beavercreek.snow.com/info/summer/evt.bbb.asp

Re: Joe at Beaver Creek Resort in Avon, CO on 5/26 and 5/27

That sounds like a great event. Bonamassa, Brews, and BBQ are about as good as it gets. Fantastic location, too. Wish I was going. Have a great time and let us know how it went!

Just made it back from Colorado and here's a quick initial post.  Awesome 2 performances at Beaver Creek Saturday and Sunday.  I was so pumped after Saturday's show that I decided to extend my stay and go to the Aspen show on Monday, too, and it was well worth it.  This lineup rocks like crazy.  Just when I think they can't get any better, they turn it up a couple of notches.  Unbelievable musicality, energy, chemistry, and passion from Joe, Carmine, Rick, and Bogie.

The Bellyup in Aspen is a small but very cool venue with great sound.  Joe made everybody laugh when he said welcome to the secret society of the Joe Bonamassa fanclub.  Amazing show.

Great location in Beaver Creek for the 2 day Blues, Brews, and BBQ festival and a nice, big crowd was initiated into the JB fanclub here, too, lol.

Every song was my new favorite until the next one played, but I've got a special mention for "Sloe Gin."  This song deserves to be a Top 40 hit.  It fits Joe's voice perfectly, the guitar work is awesome, and Rick's keyboards really add a lot to this song in particular.  Carmine is a monster on bass, and we already know and love Bogie's work behind the drumkit. 

To sum up: 3 amazing shows and 2 gorgeous locales to travel to see Joe (the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek was awesome -- I'm seeing the country on the Bonamassa plan, but I'm no Michael Lynch, lol).  I cannot wait for the new cd.  If the new recordings capture anything like the live sound it'll be so hot it will smoke when you remove it from the cd player.

The setlists were changed up a bit each night as follows:

Saturday in Beaver Creek:
Bridge
Walk in my Shadows
Blues Deluxe
Mountain Time
Burning Hell
Another Kind of Love (I think, and man does this rock)
Sloe Gin (a masterpiece of raunchy blues rock)
Highwater Everywhere
Woke Up Dreaming
Django
Just Got Paid/Mule/Dazed&Confused
Asking Around for You

Sunday in Beaver Creek, same as Saturday plus:
Miss You, Hate You
One of These Days

Monday in Aspen, same as Saturday:
plus Carmine had a solo in there somewhere and Rick had several throughout the 3 shows.

Oh, and before the show in Aspen I was eating dinner on the veranda of the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse overlooking the Bellyup and the tour bus, when the waiter asked me what brought me to town in the off season.  I told him about Joe and he was a huge guitar and blues rock fan but hadn't heard of him.  After I couldn't shut up about him he said he'd come and call a buddy (and I saw him there at the show). 

I could go on but this post is already too long.  Thank you Joe, Carmine, Rick, Bogie and crew for an amazing and wonderful musical vacation.  Hearing Mountain Time in the gorgeous location in the mountains was fantastic.  Joe and the boys definitely elevated their game with the altitude.

Great report! Sounds like a very memorable weekend indeed. Love the reference to "Mountain Time".

Dude, that was so satisfying I'm having a smoke..Can't wait for Saturday! Thanks and I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip..now...back to work!        Cathy

Cathy...LOL! Good one.

Totally agree about Sloe Gin. I'm really looking forward to hearing it on the new album.

I'm just saying.

Great review and recap of what's happening in Colo.  Thanks for the setlist.

Music is good for the Soul...

Love that report Dude , sounds like that was a lovely setting to see joe & the boys live , and yeah can understand what you said about the new material off the new album , they all sound so good , and yep Sloe Gin will become a Huge played song , it's monumental in arrangement and has that humbling effect ( a la mountain time , live) ..... IT IS quite simply Awesome ..... and "Another kind of love"  & "One of these Days" are gonna get you outta ya seat they're Brilliant
glad you done the 3 shows and looks like you had a great time.(it's infectious ain't it) ....... and also cool to see that waiter at the show , Street team at work everywhere , nice move dude

Thanks Again .............. Keep 'em Coming

..................... michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

new member here with another thumbs up for joe's show in avon!!  had missed him here in seattle and was real happy when he showed up in beaver creek for the blues/brews and bbq event!! and for free for heaven's sake smile  and what a superb show! the band was tight and of course i got pics of him with all his guitars and the band signed my cd also so what a cool afternoon! already have tickets for his next time in seattle in september too...

one question though, is there a name for that 15-20 minute acoustic solo he did??  that was just tremendous!!!!

thanks!

Hi Starkiller (scary name)..welcome to the forum and the world of Bonamaniacs. Based on the show this w/e, I assume you are talking about either Woke Up Dreaming or High Water Everywhere. Hope this helps......Cathy

scary name? nah, just a name from my favorite tv show of all time, babylon5 smile  anyway, yeah, the song is woke up dreaming! thanks