Topic: 9 Days Out ....... U S A ROADTRIP

Day 1 .... London to Chicago .... Sat 5th May 2007

Alarm woke me up at 06:00 am GMT (00:00 am US) up case & me  plus loads of concert ,plane & hotel tickets .in taxi to margate train station , 7am to london (2hrs) then subway to Heathrow London Airport , then 12:15 american airlines to o'hare Chicago , 9hrs , land 2pm chicago , Rhonda picked me up at o'hare , drive to Elgin ,sat in car in community centre car park , met loads of forum friends , bill s melissa & nico , gary, drank jello shots , wore smiley face masks , Show was brilliant  seeing Carmine & Rick too, after show about 10 of us hung around . joe came out was talking to patty, rhonda , nancy & he said i heard michael lynch is here , i came forward from my seat , he said "dude what you doing here" made me laugh , had a photo with jb , talked with bogie & carmine , went back to patty's sisters & stayed there at the hotel bonamassa
Great night.

Day 2 .... Chicago to Sullivan , Missiouri .... Sun 6th May

Me Rhonda Patty Bev & dave went to Red Apple for breakfast , i had a butcher block ommlette mmmmm , said goodbye to Patty but not before we sung an acoustic version of "you upset me baby" with me & photogal , great ..... me & rhonda then went into chicago to the Sears Tower , as we pulled up at a car park which said $20 per hr , rhonda said f**k i'm not paying that , i said we'll do a quick visit to the top & back , so when we got in , they had one of those 15 minute preview shows , i said to rhonda when the doors open & the people come out , we'll duck thru the barrier & join them , so we did saying " good show , good show" funnee , then up 103 floors , what a view over the windy city , fantastic in 55 minutes , then 6 hour drive to rhonda's house in sullivan Missouri , stopping off for petrol , i had to use the restroom , but the mens was in use , so i dived in the womens , of course when i came out , who should be looking , rhonda just laughing , stopped off at schnucks store for beer & burgers for BBQ , got to rhondas house , met her husband Boot and son Robbie and daughter Jordan who let me have her english room , thanks jordan ... Sleeeeeeep.

Day 3 .... Sullivan , Missouri .... Mon 7th May

Up went for breakfast at coffee house had pannini & mocha mmmm , then on to Boot's friends , Larry & Mary who had a lovely house right by a lake , got on great with them , done some fishing , shooting guns at mannekins ( including a heeavy duty magnum ) lovely sunny time there drinking laughing , then rhonda took me & robbie to some large underground cave system , fantastic place , then we went to a Steakhouse on Route 66 , had me a steak platter , nice
then back to rhondas , watched kws dvd very good indeed , helped rhonda choose photo's & speech bubbles for joe's birthday book , bless her i went to bed at 2 , she worked on that til 4 ..... zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

Day 4 .... Missouri to Oklahoma .... Tues 8th May

Set off around 3 as rhonda put finishing touches to book , long drive south through springfield 6hrs again to Oklahoma , Rhonda and i checked in to our hotel on 39th nr Roadhouse and the rain was coming down , got changed then rhonda dropped me off at roadhouse while she went & collected glossy photo's for book at local walmart , when i got in roadhouse it was in complete darkness.... Joe had blown the house electrics , he then proceded to do an acoustic 20 minute set like the old days  , Brilliant , he had a few drinks already , but i was thinkin' what a brilliant way to spend your birthday , At a rowdy Roadhouse on Route 66 with friends in the dark havin' a drink and a storm outside & a Tornado touching down less than a mile away , sounds cool looking back , gave joe an England Baseball Cap (well he keeps wearing that NY one) wished him happy 30's , had a chat with carmine .. nice guy ..... NO RHONDA , she apparantely got lost and caught up in storm plus went to 4 differant walmarts to get photos , i walked back to hotel in rain , got soaked , but she was OK , I said call boot tomorrow & ask him if you can deliver photos to jb in Dallas. NIGHT

Day 5 .... Oklahoma to Dallas .... Wed 9th May

5 hr Drive south into TEXAS , always wanted to visit the lone star state , oh visited the OKC Memorial , was very touching & quiet , never forget the feeling of loss there............ played some great music while we were travellin' ... especially "TRAVELLIN' SOUTH" as we crossed into Texas , got to Dallas checked in to Quality inn on market centre blvd
then downtown to House of Blues , nice on outside , but a bit small on inside , me & rhonda went for a meal in hicks across the street , had to wear some hats that had rude writing on them , well mine said "rub my head , i don't care which one" cant repeat what was on rhondas , at show , rhonda could'nt take her camera in , so she watched show for a change , great show ........ she finally gave joe his birthday book , that had some great photos in it & bloopers , met some nice people at front ........... getting tired , back to hotel & sleep

Day 6 .... Dallas .... Thurs 10th May

Me & Rhonda went to Denny's for Breakfast , quite nice , Moons over Hammy and Iced Tea ? , then we went looking for CD shops throughout Dallas , i bought some great R L Burnside cd's Snakedrive , i wish Joe would cover that song WOW. and a zz top cd in texas , then we went to House of Blues to get some clothing & bumped into joe had a brief chat , rhonda had a good talk , then back to hotel , and had to say goodbye to my Roadtrip buddy , she had to get back home to her family , that cut me up i' tell ya , got taxi to 2nd show  at hose of blues , right at front again .... This Was the best Joe Bonamassa show i have been to this year , Totally Awesome Display of Live Rock/Blues Music there was a bunch of us at front going crazy , singing dancing , just a truly great show & night , got lift home by garrett & Oscar
....... Put " FASTEST GUN IN THE WEST"  Post on Forum before i went to bed at 3 ........ now really tired

Day 7 .... Dallas to Amarillo .... Fri 11th May

Up Early for flight from DFW Airport to Amarillo , taxi to airport , check in luggage , 55 minute flight across texas , quick
pick up luggage at carousel , then taxi to motel in centre of Amarillo , check in , to room & fell asleep all afternoon , went to restaurant "aculpulco" mexican , in town , had a steak in texas , nice fountain in restaurant hall & a guy playing acoustic . good ... told him about joe , said he'll check him out , i said you wanna if you play acoustic , at show met Lloyd , what a real nice man ....... the show was wild and so was the crowd in TEXAS , joe & the boys looked good with carmine & rick really getting into the groove & bogie's solo was to die for ...... after show lloyd & myself met joe , lloyd got to talk with joe , that was great to see , he signed lloyds ticket and my Bloodline CD with personal message , cheers j , me & lloyd went & got 6 pack of beers from gas station then drove back to theatre & parked by tour bus & talked for 2hrs bout music sport politics wars life ....... thanks lloyd great meeting you ........ sleep at motel at 2 .... my god

Day 8 .... Amarillo to Oklahoma .... Sat 12th May

Up Stupid early for Stupid early flight out of Amarillo , taxi to airport , then 50 min flight to Dallas change to connecting flight to Oklahoma , DFW to OKC 45 min carousels & checking in madness , taxi from okc airport to Hilton garden inn nr airport , pulls up at hotel , steps out of cab & see joe dave donnie in car park by tour bus , wave over , check in & another nap before taxi to downtown Oklahoma , stupid cab driver drops me at wrong theatre area , 2 mile walk to stage center , boy when i got there i downed 2 millers gen draft in no time , got a seat at front next to Brad (ultimatejackson) we had a great night ' and joe did deliver again right in front of me & brad (oh and support group THE MIGHTY ORQ good good great singer/guitarist , ....... after show said to donnie that i was flying back to London tomorrow and could i go and say goodbye to joe & bogie , he said you'll find 'em backstage , said my goodbyes . sad
and jim moody rang me a taxi , thanks jim , well that was funny cos this taxi driver has the worse case of burping and belching i've ever heard , nearly all the way back to Hilton he was burping loudly , i said "are you ok" he said with a loud burp "i'm fine BUUUUURRRRRPPPPP" i think not ,...... to bed long flight tomorrow .... 6 SHOWS WAS WORTH IT

Day 9 .... Oklahoma to Dallas via Houston .... Sun 13th May

Up for taxi , pack case for last time , thank f**k , then to airport check in , fly to Houston ? for a connecting flight from houston to Dallas DFW , a not so funny thing happened when i got to Houston , my bags were going straight to connecting flight but me was not so easy , I had 1 hr from landing to cross from Terminal B to Terminal E , straightforward you might guess , only the monorail skyway had broken , so i had to run back to gate 67B to get a Bus shuttle , but seems like the whole airport was trying to get on the next bus 100's & 100's of travellers , well i pushed in to the front , 20 minutes til my flight leaves , 1st bus is going to Terminal A S**T , next is E , YES  bus stops at E Terminal , i get off and then begin to run through Airport like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 2 ,  1st gate is No 1 , mine is the last gate No 20 , i make plane with 5 minutes to spare , PHEW , cos i 've got to make Connecting flight to London , any 50 minutes later get to Dallas , & my London flight is delayed 2hrs , I Buy Sharon an I POD & Duty free , Take Off at 9pm Dallas time

Day 9 .... Dallas to London .... Sun 13th May

9hr Flight Home

Day 10 ....Land at Heathrow London England ....Cold Tired , get luggage , train to London , change then train to Margate Kent , taxi home .................... Roadtrip over ............ sleeeeeeep & next day off work   smile

I Would've Called it "10 Days out" ,, but i believe that's been done already

THANK YOU

CHICAGO ........ Nancy great meeting you talking great conversation and  big hugs and smiles too ........ Melissa great to meet you & little nico thanks for the gift , nico stole joe's limelight for 2 miutes there , he's a star ,  hi to Bill S , loved your enthusiasm & your family too  & you lot wearing the smiley masks , great ........ hello gary nice to talk & meet you . thanks , hi to Bev , thanks for the hospitality , i really loved the time at your house ....... Patty , i love your fun loving character and we had a laugh , it was a pleasure to get to finally meet ya & i marched with you , speak soon & take care my friend ..... michaelluvspatty

MISSIOURI ........... Hi to Rhonda's family , it was great fun staying with you ...... Boot thanks for letting me kidnap your wife and thank you for the afternoon at Larry's & Mary's fishing & shooting , such a nice day ........ hi to bogie's no 1 young fan Robbie , hope you liked the green day dvd & Jordan thanks for your english room & hope you liked the bowie t-shirt , also Hi 4 to the dogs cats & lizards ........ hello to larry & mary

OKLAHOMA .......... A Special hello to Jim Moody , thanks for the Dallas H O B Tix 9th & 10th and also hi to Mike who runs the Roadhouse 66 , enjoyed meeting you & talking

DALLAS ............. Hi to Jerry we had a blast at front on both shows , great meeting you & talking music/life and did we sing and rock .... also hi to AMY you were just great fun , we had so much fun singing all the songs , you are one crazy bonamassa fan , hello to garrett , loved your story about how your uncle got you into joe , you're one of the most enthusiastic young bonamassa fans i ever met , wild young garrett from texas , hi to Oscar , thanks for the lift home

AMARILLO ........ Just 1 ......... Lloyd just great meeting you man , we talked like we'd known eachother for years , you sure got that TEXAS BLOOD boy , great stories too & meeting joe with you was nice to see ... take care lloyd

OKLAHOMA 12th ......... Ultimatejackson , brad , great talking and spending the front row with you . that was cool , thanks for the seat brad,.......................... thank you to Jim Moody again , we had a brief chat & thanks for calling me a cab

THANKS ALSO TO ...................  Dave hi , keep them 6 strings tight ... soon dave .......... also Aaron , i'm gonna get a HOT chilli sauce for you next time , & one day if bogie's ill you gotta have a go , that would be fun to watch
Donnie ......... good to see you on your birthday in Dallas ... keep 'em in line , thats a tough job Donnie
Rick Mellick , nice to meet you , seems like you've got the most sense , infact probably got a higher I Q than the rest of the bus put together , cheers rick it's rockin' now ..................... Carmine ... great to finally meet you Raja , thanks for your time and conversation , you're one cool dude and a damn brilliant bassist , pure class .... Great Choice Joe with the 2 new additions ................................... Dude Bogie .. Always you have a smile and something to say & i love surprising you and just love watching you drumming onstage , it is so tight & powerful , glad to have met ya bogie , Thanks ........................ Rhonda ,.... I could'nt have asked for and got a better host in America , you were like the sister that i wished i had , we had such a brilliant time on the road , the laughs the fun, it was great Rhonda never forget , take care , your new buddy michael ....... "Are You Doubting Me" Thanks  again Photogal you are the best
Joe .............. Because of your music and your guitar playing , personality and friendly nature , this has gave me the reason to travel , meet people , see cities countries , thanks for the inspiration and the time you have given me sometimes on the road , i appreciate it all , good luck with the Sloe Gin , but i think this is your best ,it sounds awesome Take Care my friend and i'll see ya soon .......... Probably in the 1st row  smile

................................................ michael

P S ............... Road Trip Video Coming Soon To A Forum Near You

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: 9 Days Out ....... U S A ROADTRIP

Michael...

correction and addition! lol smile

Day 2
f**k i'm not paying that.  I did not say that...lol I said "I am not friggin paying that!"  I don't use those words! lol

Day 4
You forgot at 1:30 am (Wed.) wanting to get in the car and run from the funnel cloud headed in the direction of our hotel because "you know tornadoes kill people and it could turn and come in our direction" and then once it went north, wanting to go outside at 2:00 am and video tape and chase the tornado! Silly boy! lol
Note: this was quite funny to see the look on his face watching the radar on the tv and then trying to convince me to get in the car and outrun the storm! I just sat there and looked at him like he was nuts and said, "I don't think that's a good idea!"

Micheal...I had a great time with you as a traveling buddy. Maybe one of these days I will come to Europe and you can show me around and we can catch a show.
Thanks for the memories and I promise you one of these days I will get you some White Castle hamburgers....

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Thanks Michael! I'm exhausted and thrilled for you at the same time. Most of all I'm glad that you proved  it is impossible for a diehard Joe fan to burn out!! I feel better now that you're "back"....Cathy

Michael,
Thanks for the full report. You certainly had a full trip. Glad you made it home safe and  sound, although it sounds like you needed some time to recuperate.
Bill S.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

5 (edited by Marianne 2007-05-20 05:21:03)

Well,
sounds like you had a great time over there.
Glad you enjoyed the shows and meeting all these people.
Loved reading your roadtrip report, you guys didn't had much sleep did ya?
Also happy for you that you had the chance to meet up with Joe and the guys (all the shows).
Hope you can rest a bit now, catch in on that sleep and hope to see you at Paradiso wink

Me and bas are goinfg to the U.S again this september and gonna make a roadtrip from San Fransisco-Las Vegas-Denver we already booked a ticket and a rental car. We planned this trip a couple of months ago and can not see a show when we're over there. When we start in California ,Joe is playing in Colarado and by the time we're around there he's playing in Ca. sad  We planned this trip to travel around for 3 weeks and see some of those beautiful national parcs.

Greetz

Michael,

It's was so great to meet you. Now when I read your wonderful stories I can have a picture of you to go with the story. And what a story you have to tell about your time in the States. I'm happy you met so many fantastic people here and now have many friends here as well as in Britain. I hope you can make it back sometime and if you do please look me up.

Nancy

I'm just saying.

7 (edited by Barbara 2007-05-20 07:43:45)

That is one serious mind blowing ROADTRIP Michael!!  How you rallied for it is just amazing..........ALL FOR JOE.  Glad you had a chance to hang with and meet some of the wonderful people on this forum.  You just confirmed to me that Joe's loyal fans are absolutely the nicest people you can ever want to meet and to hang with.  Thanks for your great trip report and happy to hear you made it back home safely to England.  You are the best!!!

Barbara

It was gtreat to meet you in Elgin. Sounds like you had an awesome trip.You are the true road warrior.Will you do another stateside tour? Or are you "retired"

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Michael what a roadtrip you had ...... great to read your day to day report....goodtimes....
Thanks....... also for contacting from USA.
The forum is becoming a close family to all of us and i like it... it's an inspiration.
Soon....
Annelies

Michael, you don't know how lucky you are to have taken one heck of a Joe road trip and to have such nice people take care of you and help you enjoy yourself along the way.  Great summary.  smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.