Re: Joe's New Rig

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Worry not my fellow gear heads...  The new rig is honestly softer in volume than before.  Only two heads are on.  Plus most of the heads are 50 watts.   

Joe B

50 watt heads? What happened to the 100 watt club?

Tone is tone.

Joe - can you tell us anything about the FET Driver?  It appears to be a FET version of the Tube Driver pedal?

So is the rack unit going to be pared down, less fuss and muss? Possibly back to mic'ing cabinets? (in keeping with the vintage theme)

And also, while I think everything looks really cool, I don't understand how any of this new setup is any simpler?? The board still is the same with multiple drive pedals and such but the amps are still a wall of amps? Does "only 2 heads are on" mean ONLY 2 heads will be used in the final assembly with no amp switching? Will they be going into 2 cabinets each?

I get the vintage aspect, everything looks killer but not sure on the simplifying part. Looking forward to a final overview as I'm sure we all are. Hopefully another rig rundown maybe. -Seth

The rack is gone.... The pedal board is the same and can be used in any format.  I still will use one Palmer but we are going back to the microphones probably 421's or something of that nature.   Two heads powering two cabinets each.  Pretty straight forward... Now the Chuck Berry gig this weekend.... 1957 Gibson ES-350 T in blonde through a twin reverb... That is simple....

Joe B

Awesome... please say you're doing a song with Lemmy. LOL.

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

As much as I love Lemmy and Motorhead I will not be doing my part with them..  It is actually myself and Duke Robillard which I am very excited.  Duke has always been a guitar hero of mine... Plus I get to see if he remembers when he called me up to play with is band in 1989 at Nardy's in Hamilton, New York.....

Joe B

...and can I add that some of my favourite "JoeTones" are from the Beth Hart record. Wow...and I gather that was one of the simplest setups ever..?

I just saw a close up of the FET pedal on the Lava Cables home page...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ … 2450_n.jpg

Interestingly, Lava also had a promotional pic they highlighted on their FB page recently which showed Joe using one of their white coily cables.  Just wondered if Joe actually uses Lava cables around the house or in the studio?

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Ok cool. 2 head and 4 cabs plus board is really straight forward then compared to previous monstrosity. Thanks for the further clarification. -Seth

Does anyone know which pedalboard Joe is going to use, or was the smaller one just what happened to survive the last tour?

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

The larger one in picture that was just redone professionally.

Also curious as to whether or not the cabinets will be configured so ones one each end will be with delay and center dry or what?

DaveWammbarro wrote:

...and can I add that some of my favourite "JoeTones" are from the Beth Hart record. Wow...and I gather that was one of the simplest setups ever..?

Agree with that.  Were those Jim Kelly amps?

Joe said the Dirty Shirley is like a Jubilee with some other things, is the DS going to be on all the time, and then blended with each of the other heads individually, like the prior setup?

What about delay etc? Do any of these amps have an FX loop (I know the Marshall's won't, maybe the Friedman does)?

It is offered from Friedman with FX loop option as well

Duke is amazing, so much history in his playing. Him and Kid Bangham were my favourite guitar line up in the Fabulous Thunderbirds post JL Vaughan. Have a great night.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

As much as I love Lemmy and Motorhead I will not be doing my part with them..  It is actually myself and Duke Robillard which I am very excited.  Duke has always been a guitar hero of mine... Plus I get to see if he remembers when he called me up to play with is band in 1989 at Nardy's in Hamilton, New York.....

Joe B

Finally! A Duke reunion!!!  Duke definitely always a favorite of mine.  And tribute to Chuck to boot!!! Damn Joe, damn...w

What song you two going to do?  One of the bigger or big hits, or something like "It's My Own Business"? I think ol' Duke'll remember you !  Have a blast with it!!!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

My good friend and Tele legend Chuck Prophet is playin too....say hello!