Re: Afterglow

GGM1903 wrote:

Planet Rock are gooo-oood at guitar give-aways i'm led to believe!

Go for the double Gordon, you never know!!!

Mailman just brought Afterglow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOOO here too Jane!  The mail even ran a little early today!
I also snagged a new AFTERGLOW t-shirt.  Peeling the wrapper on the disk  now,,,

"what's the point of race cars, rocket ships and rock and roll?"

OH BOY! That is a reason to sneak home for lunch. Hey, Mr. Postman, look and see.... big_smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

LOVIN it!!!!!
into track 3 so far.....

Amazon UK ..... overseas shipping ..... ahhhh!  The wait goes on.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

61 (edited by Chuck Johnson 2012-10-25 14:11:35)

Yeah this is a great ride!
Personally speaking, this has one of the best opening tracks I've heard in a long time.
I'm digging it all!  What a sound it has!

Yeah Jane, Midnight Sun does shine for sure!  (ya see what I did there? hehehe)

"what's the point of race cars, rocket ships and rock and roll?"

62 (edited by MikeG033 2012-10-25 21:13:44)

Received "Afterglow" today! Rest assured, BCC has delivered a phenomenal 3rd installment. Highlights for me include: "The Circle", "Big Train", "Cry Freedom", "Common Man", "Midnight Sun" and "The Giver". I just wish the album booklet included songs lyrics.

big_smile

afterglow=vintage awesomeness.......LOVE this disc.

man i'm telling you and i mean this as a HUGE compliment but if this band had existed in 1975 (back when awesome bands could still sell records) this CD would be a multi-million seller!!!!

well done joe and BCC!

Alas, West Coast will have to wait a bit.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I got my Afterglow copy in the mail this afternoon.  I have made it through one listen so far and I am very, very impressed!  This is the type of music I want to listen to.  This is a brand new "classic" album.

Love the Reviews so far.

If any of you get the UK amazon package, can you let me know what is on the DVD?
Is it the webisodes or something different.

Really appreciate it as I was looking into maybe waiting and getting that package.

Thanks so much smile

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Got mine too!

Definitely vintage, classic stuff here!!

I also think that this music would have been HUGE in the 70's. But that of course isn't realistic. That said, many have tried to recapture that vibe in some way with mixed results often sounding like a band trying to sound like they are in the 70's. This band eclipses that. They ARE that sound. The genuine article. Not a decent replica, but the real deal.

I do believe that they could be massive in this day and age with the proper promotion, touring etc. Just playing their stuff on the radio would IMO blow it wide open. If I were in the bizz I'd be looking to push this band. I really think its as sure a thing as there is out there today.

You got some magic going on here. Seize the moment.

Jane H. wrote:

Mailman just brought Afterglow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn...now where is my copy...I hope it shows up before Monday, after we lose power due to the Baltimore 'Gasp and Eclectic' event........ lol lol

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

69 (edited by Jane H. 2012-10-26 06:16:11)

yeah I was dissapointed it didn't have lyrics - although I like the artwork!. I wouldn't normally have expected the lyrics since Joe doesn't include them but the first 2 BCC had them so I really had high hopes on that

lol and the reason IMHO this music would be just as appealing now as in the 70s is because of this whole 'classic' rock thing where they overplay a selection of 'hits' and then convince those who like to rock they are now old and should listen to these 'oldies' and that all new rock sounds like nickleback or rap or death metal.

its definitely worth making an effort to get this into the ears of the listening public. i've been trying for a while. IMO the best chacne we have to by talking to each other and let people know about their rights as citizens (US). it has to do with the fact that the people own the airwaves (this goes along with news broadcasting too and TV....) so the stations are required to play what the people want. they 'prove' it through surveys and listenr advisory boards. they can easily skew these things and until someone holds their feet to the fire, and by someone i mean everyone...i meani think most of one and 2 had it too. visit ratethemusic.com one time. its frustrating yeah but the only way to change it IMHO is to get involved or at a minimum get people talking. i mean on a grand scale

of course i feel this applies to Joe's solo works too, i know many would love most of that stuff but don't even know about it because its rarely on a corporate playlist....

this is all part of the reason I like That Metal Show and its cool that the cd comes with a sticker with the Eddie Trunk comment. i mean i know that some have been burning the candle, we need to celebrate that and use whatever you can think of when you make your requests and arguments tothe rock station program directors.

request, request, request!

meanwhile i got to get some more listening in !!!!

Jane H. wrote:

request, request, request!

Yeah...98 Rock and their 'excuses'.......I guess fancy-pants over there is happy with eye candy more than sheer talent....now, now...I mustn't let emotion take over.........but we tried......

71 (edited by Jane H. 2012-10-26 06:27:39)

I hear ya buddy. I know you have done your best. I had a hard time with my comments to you. since i like you i didn't want you to have false illusions with your efforts but at the same time you have to go in it with an optomistic attitude. I hate to admit it but man they really wore me down. I mean I can't even stomach visiting the site and getting a look at the pd's picture there. and their PATHETIC request line.................at least the classic station will engage you in a conversation even if its just to blow you off (NOT THE DJS..)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

the PD at 98 rock told me, or had his assitant tell me, only after i dug up the main office line to get to a person, that they would play it if they thought their listeners would like it. i just don't believe it is the actual criteria. i mean this is the rock station and i KNOW what they play, its not as if i am trying to convince some blues purist ot easy listening audience to appreciate it. its all BS  that was a couple years ago. maybe try again. i really wanted to Occupy the street corner with a sign honk if you want 98 rock to play better rock......but i got to pay the bills. its really is dear to my heart though...

but i won;t give up i just got to get my motivation going again but they are good at wearing you down

Jane H. wrote:

but i won;t give up i just got to get my motivation going again but they are good at wearing you down

lol lol Jane - I think your new Avatar would suit their corporate logo just fine!!! lol lol