Re: Afterglow

according to Melodic Rock.com

BLACK COUNTRY CONFUSION:

So Glenn Hughes has stated publicly that Black Country Communion is no more, after guitarist Joe Bonamassa walked away (after disagreeing with Glenn on band plans) and is now apparently refusing to allow the band to continue on using the BCC name.
I've held off on reporting this in hope that I could actually get long time contacts Glenn Hughes and producer Kevin Shirley to comment further. Sadly there has been no response.
What I can confirm is that the 3 remaining members were searching for a new guitarist and had invited at least 2 well known musicians to join - both declined. Stay tuned...

No use of the BCC name seems in conflict with previous Joe comments about the band being free to carry on without him. Sounds like something bad happened. That would be a shame for brand equity to be simply thrown away. So perhaps they didn't want to deal with the commercial issues involved in "buying out" Joe's share?

Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, BC Rich Bich Perfect 10, Gibson Gary Moore Signature LP, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, Eastwood Airline "Jack White", ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster

I don't even really like the band but it does seen weird that just cause one guy left, the band still can't use the name. If it were me, and I left the band, I wouldn't want the "name". One person doesnt make any band...

I would guess something bad happened too, and the name issue probably has to do with $$.

BCC are named after the area of the UK where Glenn and Jason come from.  The 'Black Country' is an area between Birmingham and Wolverhampton.  So, it seems pretty strange that those 2 guys cannot keep the name.

If, as has been stated, J&R own the band name, then that also is a little strange.  Why would Glenn agree to that in the 1st place?

Joe has said many times that he is quite happy for them to continue with another guitarist, so whatever the issues, just let them use the name.  These festering breakups do nobody any good and reputations suffer on both sides.

Glenn and Jason are actually from slightly outside the Black Country.

This thread seems to no longer be about the album Afterglow. Since it is the only BCC thread it has turned to BCC drama. So time to put this in the cellar.