Re: Afterglow

jricharc wrote:

Glenn Hughes @glenn_hughes
Joe B and I spoke last nite of the love for our band and our dear friendship. We hear your voices loud and clear~ BCC lives in the Afterglow

My prayers have been answered. smile

This is great news.And with Afterglow out there(hello)only one of the best rock albums in many years along with 1 and 2.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

It will take time but let's hope that a Fourth is possible. No one can touch them. Nice to see the release selling well too. Right up in the top 50. The more I listen, the more I like.  big_smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I have to be the "confessor"and say Aferglow has hit me much harder than I ever thought.Early in this thread the early posts were so blah.I am loving the dynamics throughout.Lots. Of grooves(I love grooves) And it seems Glenn has out done himself if thats possible.I know hes not everyones cup o tea but man the guys all overit wailing and screaming,being soft and brooding ,and just straight up singing his buttocks off. And Joe....forget about it sounds like hes been nothing but rockin his whole life.(I think blues players are the best rock guitarists).Jasons work may be his best yet in me humble opinon.Derek got a little more up front time which I likey.(Although would still like some mo)All in all 11 tracks that need to be turned up to 11!Still picking Cry Freedom as my Fav but the other 10 aint far behind.So if these cats can keep it going and can top this baby.....

Your rock candy baby

RickB wrote:

It will take time but let's hope that a Fourth is possible. No one can touch them. Nice to see the release selling well too. Right up in the top 50. The more I listen, the more I like.  big_smile
Rick

No one can touch them is right Rick!

There is no one making this kind of music that even approaches the quality of BCC!

203 (edited by Forever Young 2012-11-10 20:37:32)

gary wrote:

I have to be the "confessor"and say Aferglow has hit me much harder than I ever thought.Early in this thread the early posts were so blah.I am loving the dynamics throughout.Lots. Of grooves(I love grooves) And it seems Glenn has out done himself if thats possible.I know hes not everyones cup o tea but man the guys all overit wailing and screaming,being soft and brooding ,and just straight up singing his buttocks off. And Joe....forget about it sounds like hes been nothing but rockin his whole life.(I think blues players are the best rock guitarists).Jasons work may be his best yet in me humble opinon.Derek got a little more up front time which I likey.(Although would still like some mo)All in all 11 tracks that need to be turned up to 11!Still picking Cry Freedom as my Fav but the other 10 aint far behind.So if these cats can keep it going and can top this baby.....

I too love Cry Freedom but I'm a sucker for the deeper stuff and The Circle and The Giver are just that! The kind of rock that just gets me on a deeper level.

Glenn has out done himself here and I couldn't be happier for him. He is amazing! Those who don't "get him" just don't know what they are missing. But that's ok. To each their own. With Glenn you get real genuine emotion. He means what he sings! Go see him live. There is no denying that every word is ringing with emotion. Watch "Cold" from LOE. That is as close as you'll get without seeing him live. He's always been this way though. Almost all rock singers are going through the motions so to speak. Go see em and every show is the same. They sing the same way every night and say the same thing after every song. Its a canned performance. They all do it. Not Glenn Hughes. No, every show is different. He sings in the moment and means every damned thing he sings from the heart. There is no doubt of this. Just let go of whatever you may have thought and watch him, listen to it, feel it.
Joe didn't get involved with this band because Glenn was good. He did because he's one of the best ever. Period.

I'm glad they are talking again. I know that Glenn thinks the world of Joe. He was frustrated because he knows what they have their hands on. Hopefully friendship prevails above all else.

jricharc wrote:

Joe B and I spoke last nite of the love for our band and our dear friendship. We hear your voices loud and clear~ BCC lives in the Afterglow

Just noticed this myself, and must say this is really good news. Never was a hard rock guy until i started listen to BCC a few months ago. Now Live over Europe is the most played disk in the house.
Hope they eventually find the time for touring smile

There is a BCC feature in the next edition of Classic Rock Mag number 179 due in the UK early December. Interviews with the band I believe.

rioi wrote:
jricharc wrote:

Just noticed this myself, and must say this is really good news. Never was a hard rock guy until i started listen to BCC a few months ago. Now Live over Europe is the most played disk in the house.
Hope they eventually find the time for touring smile

Kevin Shirley tweeted about this today.  Glad to hear it and hope they have made up so the music can continue.

The Circle is still my favorite on Afterglow. Epic and yes Glenn is off the hook on this one. The emotion just pours out of the speakers. One of a kind for sure.

But hey, you put him and Joe together and its really special for sure.

208 (edited by hansamike 2012-11-15 11:22:33)

I've been in UK for the last week and I pirchased a copy of the album there. As it was the only CD I had with me it got continuous play in the hire car for the week.

For me, Afterglow is a proper 'band' album. Cohesive in that sense and the sum of its parts and all that........

It isn't a 'guitar' album by any stretch and strikes me as a full band effort. As Glenn has provided the template for all the songs the album flow reflects that. If I'm honest I think it could actually do with one of Joe's numbers as a counterpoint as the other 2 albums have but its is a mild critique.

I love the band vibe of it. If there is a standout performance then it would be Jason's as I think his drumming here is equal to, if not better than, the first album where he was magnificent.

Glenn does the full range vocally, verging sometimes on overdoing it but just about stepping back from the brink.

Afterglow itself and The Circle are faves but the rampant jamming on Common Man is very cool. I guess I can see or hear why Joe might be underwhelmed by his own performance on this album, but IMHO his playing here only serves to emphasise what a tight 'unit' they were leaving space for each other wherever and whenever.

Should this be a closer, either permanent or temporary, then it is an excellent bookend to a project which promised much and delivered on it.

They are a great band. Time will only add more lustre to that reputation and these 3 (4 incl LOE) albums.

Heartfelt thanks BCC for bringing '70's classic rock fully up to date!

MikeH

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

Without a doubt, 'The Circle'. Just epic like Song of Yesterday was, especially on LOE. I've been remiss in posting as of late, work and other personal stuff has kept me quite busy. Please keep the 70's alive and kicking!!! I wish more clueless tweens and teens take notice of this music!!! Great to hear that Joe and Glenn are mending fences so to speak.......I hope something, anything, a semblance of a live tour is in the works. This band never ceases to amaze me. Of the three albums thus far, I still like '2' the best, but that is just my preference. Great tunes on all of them. '1' was raw/organic, '2' more formative, 'Afterglow' more mature. Unfortunately, I have to spin the album loud only when the wife is out of the house, as rock is not her cup of tea. So far, I've managed to spin LOUD when no one's around...touch wood!!!!

smile No Afterglow guys...AFTERBURNERS ON FULL THROTTLE!!!! WHEN'S THE NEXT OFFERING COMING??? smile

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

Well written thoughts Hansamike!

Your rock candy baby

can1208 wrote:

Without a doubt, 'The Circle'. Just epic like Song of Yesterday was, especially on LOE. I've been remiss in posting as of late, work and other personal stuff has kept me quite busy. Please keep the 70's alive and kicking!!! I wish more clueless tweens and teens take notice of this music!!! Great to hear that Joe and Glenn are mending fences so to speak.......I hope something, anything, a semblance of a live tour is in the works. This band never ceases to amaze me. Of the three albums thus far, I still like '2' the best, but that is just my preference. Great tunes on all of them. '1' was raw/organic, '2' more formative, 'Afterglow' more mature. Unfortunately, I have to spin the album loud only when the wife is out of the house, as rock is not her cup of tea. So far, I've managed to spin LOUD when no one's around...touch wood!!!!

smile No Afterglow guys...AFTERBURNERS ON FULL THROTTLE!!!! WHEN'S THE NEXT OFFERING COMING??? smile

Good to see from you my friend!! With you on The Circle! Just gets me every time. Haunting. Been a Hughes fan for some time now is this one is one of the best.

212 (edited by Kenny 2012-11-16 05:35:50)

Jason's comments about Afterglow "tour". For information only :

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news … bonamassa/

Kenny wrote:

Jason's comments about Afterglow "tour". For information only :

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news … bonamassa/

I do think I read that Joe gave his blessings for the chaps to tour with another guitar player.Or at least said to GH.There was a theead here a while ago about the very subject.You never know.Might be ok.Might not.

Your rock candy baby

Finally got my copy of Afterglow, I love it... My favourite since 1!!

If they keep making albums like this every now and again I will be happy.

stefanhauk wrote:

Finally got my copy of Afterglow, I love it... My favourite since 1!!

If they keep making albums like this every now and again I will be happy.

Me too Stephan!!!!!

Your rock candy baby

It's a lot funkier and roots itself in the blues a little more without crossing the border... Great stuff... As for Joe's lead work... Astounding again... even though he doesn't think he was that great... I thought it was spectacular!