Re: Afterglow

My favortite so far is the title track Afterglow, what a great songwriting and even greater guitar solo!!!!!

Jane H. wrote:

hey marcos glad you came and posted that. that sums up how i'm feeling it pretty much

Thank you Jane H. for your comment. I am also happy to be able to read and give my opinion about the work of Joe and BCC. Because I just do not speak English perfectly over reading what you write and writing very little, but I created courage. I hope everyone can understand my words hehehe!

Marcos wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

hey marcos glad you came and posted that. that sums up how i'm feeling it pretty much

Thank you Jane H. for your comment. I am also happy to be able to read and give my opinion about the work of Joe and BCC. Because I just do not speak English perfectly over reading what you write and writing very little, but I created courage. I hope everyone can understand my words hehehe!

Marcos wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Welcome to the forum Marcos. That is a very good insight and first post, I agree. Your English is fine. Keep on posting.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

mightyduck wrote:

The one thing I find different on this album compared to 1 & 2 is there doesn`t seem to be a concensus on what is the best song on the album. On 1, SOY was pretty much the clear winner, Cold seemed to have won the title on 2, but on Afterglow it`s all over the place. Must be proof it`s an all around solid album.

Right now I really love The Giver but nobody seems to talk about it, so go figure...

Ill give it up for the Giver another oustanding track!Has kinda of a gentle groove and love the dynamics when Glenn wails and brings it up a notch.Joe solo killer as usual.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I really could not pick one song as a favorite on Afterglow. Is a great album with great songs. I start listening to "Big Train" and finish listening to "Crawl" ... I just always listening to the entire album at once. With much effort I would choose my favorite in this moment: "Big Train", "Confessor", "Afterglow," "Cry Freedom," "The Circle", "Commom Man", "Dandelion" and "The Giver." And the others I love them hehehe.
  Frankly I think Afterglow scraped together 11 incredible songs and all with the same force ... no slap holes in this album. Not wanting to bring controversy or bad thread in this forum but this would be a perfect album to play full live...in entire format. It would be very interesting, I hope we hear something soon live with the BCC.

It really is not pressure. I understand the side of Joe, his solo career has come at a very high level ... it would be interesting to leave it aside after all this time and work to get where he is ... I would do the same thing. But I also understand that Glenn's side after many years could be evidence again and singing and playing better than in the past, and I know that now selling albums do not generate income needed for a band, but shows and tours. I hope everything can be resolved in the future so that the BCC continues to exist and congratulate us with their music.

Marcos wrote:

I really could not pick one song as a favorite on Afterglow. Is a great album with great songs. I start listening to "Big Train" and finish listening to "Crawl" ... I just always listening to the entire album at once. With much effort I would choose my favorite in this moment: "Big Train", "Confessor", "Afterglow," "Cry Freedom," "The Circle", "Commom Man", "Dandelion" and "The Giver." And the others I love them hehehe.
  Frankly I think Afterglow scraped together 11 incredible songs and all with the same force ... no slap holes in this album. Not wanting to bring controversy or bad thread in this forum but this would be a perfect album to play full live...in entire format. It would be very interesting, I hope we hear something soon live with the BCC.

It really is not pressure. I understand the side of Joe, his solo career has come at a very high level ... it would be interesting to leave it aside after all this time and work to get where he is ... I would do the same thing. But I also understand that Glenn's side after many years could be evidence again and singing and playing better than in the past, and I know that now selling albums do not generate income needed for a band, but shows and tours. I hope everything can be resolved in the future so that the BCC continues to exist and congratulate us with their music.

Hey Marcos your the best! I just like that you choose 8 out of 11 songs as your favorite.I could say the same thing!

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:

The riff of This Is Your Time. Now thats rock baby!

It sure is!! Just groovy as f#&k!!

The giver may be my second favorite right now. I know the part you are talking about Gary. Gets me every time!

My current fav though is The Circle. Wow what drama. It haunts me in some deep way.

This really is a stunning record! I expected a lot and they delivered and them some.

gary wrote:

Hey Marcos your the best! I just like that you choose 8 out of 11 songs as your favorite.I could say the same thing!

Yeah Gary! i really like this album!!! hehehehe

Marcos wrote:
gary wrote:

Yeah Gary! i really like this album!!! hehehehe

Yeah your English is a helluva lot better than my any other language! The album is indeed great. This is one of the really good ones!!

I hear you Forever Young about The Circle.Just another great song!I find my self listening to the whole album without a pause to hit the controls.Well except for the volume up control LOL!

Your rock candy baby

Afterglow has become my favorite of the 3 BCC releases. A deeper album somehow, more adventurous and loose. Big on atmosphere. It feels like a GH solo album in many ways, but with BCC adding their, by now, established sound (with Derek now up in the mix too!). This is a good thing.

Favorite songs? Big Train, Midnight Sun, Afterglow, Dandelion, The Circle (check out Glenn's performance), Common Man and The Giver. The album is definitely a grower and it may take 4-5 spins before it clicks. But now I just keep coming back to it.

I also prefer Joe's playing on this to the other albums.

Jane H. wrote:

and hey everyone, not my favorite track but what about Crawl? its soo heavy. and its funny cause to me it would really fit on 2 but its a great add on Afterglow. killer!

Since yesterday I have heard it enough Crawl. Is my favorite at the moment ... The aggressiveness it is wonderful ... the band is fantastic in this track. Derek and Joe are incredible (i love the guitar tone of Joe in this track). And Glenn, there is nothing to say ... I keep asking myself: what is the limit for this guy?
For me, the album Afterglow, is the best performance of Glenn with BCC. Something I thought impossible because he's amazing in the other albums, but he kicked **** in Afterglow!

I have been holding back in my own mind whether Afterglow is my fav of the 3.Because its new its hard to say.But my feeling that it is and may stay my fav.I have found myself just wanting to hear it non stop.First album I have had that feeling with since DTTD.I hear alot of that this more Glenn's album.I know he wrote most of the songs,but I bet Joe ,Jason and Derek have had significant inputs to the final cuts.KS as always having an influence as well.To me Joe has great sounding guitar work,Not in a jaw dropping solo way,but in the rythmns and textures I hear.Solos are cool too.

Your rock candy baby

The only thing that could have more in Afterglow, would be songs with the vocals of Joe. I like that there is this difference between the songs sung by Glenn and Joe as in the other albums. But this is just a little detail ...

Marcos wrote:

The only thing that could have more in Afterglow, would be songs with the vocals of Joe. I like that there is this difference between the songs sung by Glenn and Joe as in the other albums. But this is just a little detail ...

Yeah they shine together for sure. It works so well on Cry Freedom. That said, this is just one of those special records and I'd change nothing. Simply meant to be.

It would be nice to hear Joe sing a little more on the album. But Im not complaining.If there ever is another BCC album,then maybe/hopefully Joe can have more time to write and sing on it.Doesnt change my feelings either on how great Afterglow is!

Your rock candy baby

As Joe's performance on the album, in my opinion, is amazing. The tone of the guitar, riffs and solos are worthy of a great "blues rocker man." I liked that in Afterglow, Joe try and put new ideas in his solos, some bring me something new to your playing style. I also see that he knew very well use their influence on solos like "This is your time" where the beginning reminds me a bit like Eric Johnson made in the song "Brilliant Room" from his latest album "Up Close" and "Afterglow "brings me to Jeff Beck. My favorite solos: "Big Train", "Midnight Sun", "Cry Freddom", "Afterglow", "Commom Man" (amazing) and "Crawl."