Topic: For those who are about to Rock Dallas announcement

Hey Everybody,
            In light of yesterdays security flaws and all the confusion surrounding the show at the HOB.  I have met with the staff here and told them that pictures are to be allowed and have asked them to chill out,   This is not a Fall Out Boy.  Again I apologize for them and will say that they are all very new to this and just opened.  With that said.. take as many pictures and tape as many shows as you like..  Its always been cool to me.. Joe Bonamassa

Re: For those who are about to Rock Dallas announcement

I told them to chill out.  Joe you are THE MAN!  Is Pittsburgh Arts festival confirmed?  THANKS for everything Joe.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

OK. That's it!!! Somebody better leave a blow- by- blow about tonight's show 'cause the Master is STOKED!!!!!!

Yeah he was stoked alright cathy ...... honestly i've seen joe a few times ?  , but tonight was something
else , Absolutely all 4 of the guys were on FIRE , solo's coming at ya OMG (he is the best guitarist EVER) one of the most awesome shows i,ve ever seen
I've gotta go lie down    roll

........................ michael

also an acoustic version of " if heartaches were nickels"    smile

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hey Everybody,
            In light of yesterdays security flaws and all the confusion surrounding the show at the HOB.  I have met with the staff here and told them that pictures are to be allowed and have asked them to chill out,   This is not a Fall Out Boy.  Again I apologize for them and will say that they are all very new to this and just opened.  With that said.. take as many pictures and tape as many shows as you like..  Its always been cool to me.. Joe Bonamassa

Joe
The same basic thing happened here at your HOB show in Cleveland. I was aware that the venue had a reputation of being very taper unfriendly. I called them several days before the show, talked to 2 different people in administrative positions and was assured that it would be ok with them as long as it was ok with the band. I called again the same day of the show to get final clearance to tape and was again told it would be ok. With this in mind i loaded up my really large equiptment bag with a full array of both video and audio taping gear. That night was the coldest night of the year here in Cleveland with the temps being around zero with a nasty , wicked wind coming south across the lake. Lugged this very heavy batch of equiptment across downtown and upon arrival was told there was no way I would be allowed to bring in ANY taping gear, no matter who had given approval. Had to take it all back to the vehicle and come back again.

Bob

michael*lynch wrote:

Yeah he was stoked alright cathy ...... honestly i've seen joe a few times ?  , but tonight was something
else , Absolutely all 4 of the guys were on FIRE , solo's coming at ya OMG (he is the best guitarist EVER) one of the most awesome shows i,ve ever seen
I've gotta go lie down    roll

........................ michael

also an acoustic version of " if heartaches were nickels"    smile

Jeez, I hope someone taped this.

Joe, you really need to put out a live album. Puhleeeese???

I'm just saying.

BluesMan wrote:
Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Boy Joe, I agree with what Nancy just said. It has been over 5 years since A New Day Yesterday-Live was recorded and everyone raves about your live performances. How about recording several shows on this tour, pick out what you consider the best and put it on a new live CD? Hey, I even have a suggestion for the title. How about "30 Years And Still Smokin"?

I've seen Joe six or seven times in the last year and I think all of the shows would have been perfect for a live album. Joe rarely makes a mistake in a live show and I would think it would be fairly simple to record one for a CD. But maybe there's more to it than that.

I'm just saying.

Add my plea for a "live" CD to the list and how about another DVD..Live, in Europe with Michael Lynch..The proof of Joe's genius is to see him making the music w/o all the bells and whistles many depend on in the studio...Cathy

BluesMan wrote:
Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Boy Joe, I agree with what Nancy just said. It has been over 5 years since A New Day Yesterday-Live was recorded and everyone raves about your live performances. How about recording several shows on this tour, pick out what you consider the best and put it on a new live CD? Hey, I even have a suggestion for the title. How about "30 Years And Still Smokin"?

Add my plea for a new live cd to the list too.   How about a new live DVD with a cd to go along with it?  Never mind, I will gladly settle for a new live cd.  C'mon Joe, how hard can that be?  Your fans are begging you.  wink

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

I thought the House of Blues show last night was right on. It was a very small venue and that makes it all the better. I really love the new bass player and keyboard player. Some people really hate key boards butt I personally think they add another dimension and take the music to a higher level. I really like the new material. Does anybody know how us "die hard" JB freaks can get this before August 20. I was able to get the You and Me cd about three months before its US release by way of this forum. Three months is a long time to wait. I would love to hear that show last night on a live cd.

i was at derek trucks last night out on long island and derek is very taper friendly just like joe and the north fork theater is ran by the union now and theses guys tryed to shake down derek for a few thousand dollars if he was to aloow us to tape the show . they also had guys on the soundboard which i know the guys that work for derek and run the soundboard so while i was talking to my buddy running the board he was setting up a multi track recorder to record the show for the band they like to have recording of every show they play anyway the union guy who must of been drinking all night turns to us and says if you push the record button on that deck everyone in the place from the ticket collectors to the people selling food get a upgrade in pay . so it would of cost the band alot of money to record the show for themself . anyway what i am getting at is that i always bring my stealth recording stuff just incase something like this happens . so after i recorded the show i went up to the union guy told him to go f-ck himself and showed him the tape from the show and walked out and there wasn't a thing he could do ...........joe

Joe, good job for the fans.  You always come through. 

A new live CD would be awesome, think about it!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Yeah know, it never ceases to amaze me when entertainers get paranoid about pictures and taping concerts.  The RICHEST band on record was Grateful Dead and they encouraged pic's and taping.  They even set up area's at there concerts just for that purpose.  Jerry Garcia once said when the band was done with the music it was the fan’s to share.  The only rule was no selling or profiteering and the fans were self-policing, criticizing anyone who tried to sell bootlegs.  It such a thrill for me to go through You-tube and watch performances. 

Thank you Joe

Fall Out Boy!?

They must be cool this week, yeah that joke wont work anymore by the end of the year....people will be saying WHO!?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

With that said.. take as many pictures and tape as many shows as you like..  Its always been cool to me.. Joe Bonamassa

Thank you!

Three things define a person: work, honesty, achievements cool