1 (edited by cahill 2007-05-10 13:40:48)

Topic: Hoe HoB 2nd review

I too have seen Joe about 20 times now.

HoB - I agree with first review. I could not see Joe AT ALL. Watching him is 50% of the show. I will NEVER go back to this room or any flat floor venue again. I ranted over Joe for 3 months and took several friends. They could not see anything. I was ready to leave after the 3rd song.

Joe is great but the sound was TOO LOUD for this small room and all the notes blurred into one distorted noise. Worst sound I have ever heard at a Joe show. Not all his fault. The room is terrible.

HoB is having a grand opening and I expect problems. 2.5 hours for dinner; waiting lines in the rain; gestapo security; metal detectors and wands (is this the Airport?). I'll NEVER got to HoB again. Its the Granada or Majestic where I can see and hear.

Tossed for a picture? To heck with HoB.

Joe, if you have to do HoB make em put you on a stage that serves your fans. You deserve it. PS Happy Birthday.

Re: Hoe HoB 2nd review

New to forum. Should have put this under first post.

Welcome to the forum Cahill. There are many posts re the problems w/HOB venue, glad it wasn't your first show! Nice to have a new member with such a great Joe history. Would like to hear about your BEST Joe show sometime. Keep posting...Cathy

i have to agree with your observations...i emailed & left voice mails for the HOB about their taping policy 3 seperate times...no response....checked their website...policy not stated....took my equipment and joe's taping policy...when confronted i presented the policy, informed them of the lack of communication, and then had to return my gear to the car.....ok, that's life.......but the layout inside was just awful.....0 sight lines, offensive lighting, and security that would make nazis appear tolerable....this venue chose style over substance.....too bad.....i'm going tonight because joe is such a great person and performer.....i will NEVER go back to the cambridge room at the hob again

Glad I got the heads up on the H.O.B. I was going to buy my tix for a June show. They can kiss my behind!

THanks.......Dave

Joe is to good to miss, sorry to hear about the bad venue. I am thankful for Cahill introducing me to Joe years ago. I am glad I did not spend the grand to go last night or today. Just saw Joe in Jacksonville, FL absolutely the best venue for me to date. First row balcony in the center what a great show. Cahill I will hopefully get to buy you a ticket to his next show in Jacksonville or Ardmore to make up for the ticket you bought me.

Great Show, Bad Venue!  So much fun to watch Joe and Rick try to play If Heartaches were nickles accoustically and get lost 12 bars in. Joe stops and says lets try that again!  It's great to see him stretch a little, even if it doesn't work out right the first time.

just 'cus half my friends are imaginary doesn't mean I'm less popular