Re: Wildwood guitars has gloss top CS GOld top JB for sale

Pete59 wrote:
joemags54 wrote:

My understanding is 1 - 250, aged, 251 - 300, no aging.  Although I maybe off plus or minus one,  these numbers (first run quantities) will never change.   I would have liked to see a pic of the back of the headstock, clearly displaying the serial number, and confirming it IS an original run. ...  If it is one of the "original" run, I don't see how this has a negative impact, either... It doesn't change anything (total production #'s).  Except , I think it's too cheap... The JB aged that was sold on e-bay (I posted in the Les Paul Registry) went for around 4700 or so.  This one, asking, is around 4400. (I think , if my conversions are accurate). It also means, if it is one of the un-aged, someone should grab it up, it is a good buy.

I've been away from these forums for a while but at the time of the first issue I did follow the numbers. My view was that 1-250 Aged. 251- 275 were Un-aged. (mainly Wildwood but Muscians Friend also had some)  There were initially 5 (I think) CAB but then a sixth one was made (281) as a replacement for 276. 276 was supplied by Guitar Village in the UK but arrived at my friends with a broken headstock. 281 was custom made as a replacement. It is different in that it has JOE B 281 on the Headstock as opposed to the BONAMASSA xxx found on the initial issue of 300. I took 281 to Joe to get it signed for my friend, it really confused him. I did see aged versions with serial numbers greater than 281 so I assume they reverted back to 20 or so aged.
I may call Peach tomorrow as they have a few of the 335s. My guess is that the Un-aged Gold Top was put in as a part ex on a 335. At the moment I believe it is first issue and is listed as used.

WOW! Great info Pete. I guess when Gib found someone else to do the aging, they went back to it, after the knock on some of the first aged versions.  It would be great to find out what you learn from Peach.

128 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-05 19:47:48)

skamokawa wrote:

Well said Joe! I didn't know about any of this stuff till a week ago. Just got a CC#3, love it!

Skamokawa....love the handle, did I see you on the LPF? PS congrat's on the CC (can you post pics here?)

cindyron wrote:
joemags54 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

I am guessing I'd feel different if it was an instrument I purchased, but I really don't care what Gibson does with them.  I don't think any of them are worth what they are asking for them.  What can honestly make these things sound better then a standard or a traditional?  Its not hollow on the inside maybe?  Attention to detail?  Most guitars need a setup anyway new.  I bet if most any guitar had its neck set then leveled and crowned you could have a great playing guitar that didn't cost the same price as a nice used CAR.  They look cool in all but so what if they only make a small number and put a guys name on it.  I like the idea of buying used or buying from a independent builder.

I guess you can say this about any one of the artist's models.........  The reason why I bought one, (as a huge fan of Mr. B), was to own a guitar that celebrates his incredible ability, and passion to play.  This may seem terribly sophomoric, but I feel a certain connection, and inspiration, when I play his guitars.   He is the "real deal", and although there are probably many guitars that sound, as good, or better, there are only  a few with his name on them. (that he knows about, LOL)  And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is good enough for me.

Don't get me wrong glade you got one. Simple when Gibson says limited run that is crap

10-4 big guy!. No worries mate....

Pete59 wrote:

I've been away from these forums for a while but at the time of the first issue I did follow the numbers. My view was that 1-250 Aged. 251- 275 were Un-aged. (mainly Wildwood but Muscians Friend also had some)  There were initially 5 (I think) CAB but then a sixth one was made (281) as a replacement for 276. 276 was supplied by Guitar Village in the UK but arrived at my friends with a broken headstock. 281 was custom made as a replacement. It is different in that it has JOE B 281 on the Headstock as opposed to the BONAMASSA xxx found on the initial issue of 300. I took 281 to Joe to get it signed for my friend, it really confused him. I did see aged versions with serial numbers greater than 281 so I assume they reverted back to 20 or so aged.
I may call Peach tomorrow as they have a few of the 335s. My guess is that the Un-aged Gold Top was put in as a part ex on a 335. At the moment I believe it is first issue and is listed as used.

Pete glad you're back and started with this great information.

Jim

skamokawa wrote:

Well said Joe! I didn't know about any of this stuff till a week ago. Just got a CC#3, love it!

Congrats on the #cc3!

Thank you guys!
You have a good memory Joe, LPF member, I remembered your handle to, that's why I posted, in part.
The CC# 3 is SN 002 and I think I'm going to put my JB Sig pup's in her. Her name is Robin, get it?
Sorry to sidetrack the thread.
Dan

skamokawa wrote:

Thank you guys!
You have a good memory Joe, LPF member, I remembered your handle to, that's why I posted, in part.
The CC# 3 is SN 002 and I think I'm going to put my JB Sig pup's in her. Her name is Robin, get it?
Sorry to sidetrack the thread.
Dan

You named her after my wife?

u-betcha! She's cute!

135 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-05 21:07:43)

skamokawa wrote:

u-betcha! She's cute!

Good one! LOL!.  Well good to see there's a sense of humor out there.....(she is!)

joemags54 wrote:
skamokawa wrote:

u-betcha! She's cute!

Good one! LOL!.  Well good to see there's a sense of humor out there.....(she is!)

Now I feel I can say that I have read it all. Hahaha.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

joemags54 wrote:

I guess you can say this about any one of the artist's models.........  The reason why I bought one, (as a huge fan of Mr. B), was to own a guitar that celebrates his incredible ability, and passion to play.  This may seem terribly sophomoric, but I feel a certain connection, and inspiration, when I play his guitars.   He is the "real deal", and although there are probably many guitars that sound, as good, or better, there are only  a few with his name on them. (that he knows about, LOL)  And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is good enough for me.

Well said, I believe that sums up the sentiment quite well.

conorb

Hi Guys,

This one is part of the first run, i'll post the serial number later.

This guitar came in part exchange against a Suhr guitar.

The original owner purchased this from Wildwood around 18 months ago.

We've already had a load of enquiries on this guitar, including a couple of people on this forum by the looks of it, i'll come back to you shortly. Remember potential purchasers, that if you're from outside the EU ie the USA you'll save 20% off the price as you don't have to pay the UK tax. I just wanted to make that clear.

John

this one is number 255

Peach Guitars wrote:

this one is number 255

How about a picture of the COA

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peachguitars/7942627156/

142 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-06 07:39:17)

This is a terrific price for a guitar that rarely comes up for sale! (about 4400 US? not sure of the conversion). Good luck with your sale.
P.S. The Registry here, for the original run, listed the owner as Wildwood in CO.  FYI
Could you tell the new owner about us?

joemags54 wrote:

This is a terrific price for a guitar that rarely comes up for sale! (about 4400 US? not sure of the conversion). Good luck with your sale.
P.S. The Registry here listed the owner as Wildwood in CO.  FYI

Good luck to the new owner....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

not with a 10 foot pole!