Re: Wildwood guitars has gloss top CS GOld top JB for sale

Pete59 wrote:

I believe this is one of the first series.

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/ele … s-used.htm

It's not mine (266) btw

great.......... this sucks, last Gibson I will buy

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Why does this one suck?  Its an original 300 run.  But I thought originally they only made 25 of these and 4 or so candy apple blues.

cindyron wrote:
Pete59 wrote:

It's not mine (266) btw

Pete59 wrote:

It's not mine (266) btw

Here, let me edit that 'marketing speak' on that ad with a little bit of 'truth in advertising'...

Original Ad:

Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Goldtop in excellent condition, this is from the original run of Joe Bonamassa Les Pauls, only a small number were made in full gloss, a much higher number were made as aged goldtops.
Comes with case and full case candy.
From what we can tell, less than a 100 of these were made.

Revised Ad:

Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Goldtop in excellent condition, this is from the original run of Joe Bonamassa Les Pauls that was used to test the market and sucker in the collectors.  Only a small number were made in full gloss to give that illusion of scarcity, a much higher number were made as aged goldtops, and later on we just knocked out as many as our machines could do in a day without blowing a gasket.
Comes with case and full case candy. (Note: NOT hand signed by Joe as he couldn't keep up with the 2ft high stacks of COAs we were delivering him every day.  These are now signed by a specially constructed Joe-Robot that can sign up to 1000 COAs per day.  Signature indistinguishable from the original).
From what we can tell, less than a 100 of these were made.  Now we are cranking out at least 100 an HOUR so that even the most isolated yak herder in Eastern Mongolia can find one at his local outpost store.

With apologies to Peach Guitars - it's not their fault! big_smile

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

112 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-05 17:59:00)

AD3THREE wrote:

Why does this one suck?  Its an original 300 run.  But I thought originally they only made 25 of these and 4 or so candy apple blues.

cindyron wrote:
Pete59 wrote:

It's not mine (266) btw

My understanding is 1 - 250, aged, 251 - 300, no aging.  Although I maybe off plus or minus one,  these numbers (first run quantities) will never change.   I would have liked to see a pic of the back of the headstock, clearly displaying the serial number, and confirming it IS an original run. ...  If it is one of the "original" run, I don't see how this has a negative impact, either... It doesn't change anything (total production #'s).  Except , I think it's too cheap... The JB aged that was sold on e-bay (I posted in the Les Paul Registry) went for around 4700 or so.  This one, asking, is around 4400. (I think , if my conversions are accurate). It also means, if it is one of the un-aged, someone should grab it up, it is a good buy.

AD3THREE wrote:

cindyron wrote:
Pete59 wrote:

It's not mine (266) btw

Sorry i mis understood your comment...I must of had to much coffee
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

joemags54 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

cindyron wrote:

My understanding is 1 - 250, aged, 251 - 300, no aging.  Although I maybe off plus or minus one,  these numbers (first run quantities) will never change.   I would have liked to see a pic of the back of the headstock, clearly displaying the serial number, and confirming it IS an original run. ...  If it is one of the "original" run, I don't see how this has a negative impact, either... It doesn't change anything (total production #'s).  Except , I think it's too cheap... The JB aged that was sold on e-bay (I posted in the Les Paul Registry) went for around 4700 or so.  This one, asking, is around 4400. (I think , if my conversions are accurate). It also means, if it is one of the un-aged, someone should grab it up, it is a good buy.

I think the Gloss Top at Peach is one of the "sold" Wildwood guitars from the new Gloss Goldtops.  The only way to be sure, of course, is to see the serial number on the back of the headstock which they didn't provide a picture of as reference.

The new gloss tops look different than the original VOS un-aged guitars in my opinion.

conorb

conorb wrote:
joemags54 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

I think the Gloss Top at Peach is one of the "sold" Wildwood guitars from the new Gloss Goldtops.  The only way to be sure, of course, is to see the serial number on the back of the headstock which they didn't provide a picture of as reference.

The new gloss tops look different than the original VOS un-aged guitars in my opinion.

conorb

That goes a long way to explain the price, Thanks

conorb wrote:
joemags54 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

conorb

Oh then it is what i originally thought then my comment still stands....this sucks

117 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-05 18:23:53)

cindyron wrote:
conorb wrote:
joemags54 wrote:

conorb

Oh then it is what i originally thought then my comment still stands....this sucks

I think the only thing that's going to make me feel better is to go and look at my tickets to Joe's concert in November........................................................................................................................Thanks for waiting, I feel much better now....(LOL)

I am guessing I'd feel different if it was an instrument I purchased, but I really don't care what Gibson does with them.  I don't think any of them are worth what they are asking for them.  What can honestly make these things sound better then a standard or a traditional?  Its not hollow on the inside maybe?  Attention to detail?  Most guitars need a setup anyway new.  I bet if most any guitar had its neck set then leveled and crowned you could have a great playing guitar that didn't cost the same price as a nice used CAR.  They look cool in all but so what if they only make a small number and put a guys name on it.  I like the idea of buying used or buying from a independent builder.

119 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-05 18:47:55)

AD3THREE wrote:

I am guessing I'd feel different if it was an instrument I purchased, but I really don't care what Gibson does with them.  I don't think any of them are worth what they are asking for them.  What can honestly make these things sound better then a standard or a traditional?  Its not hollow on the inside maybe?  Attention to detail?  Most guitars need a setup anyway new.  I bet if most any guitar had its neck set then leveled and crowned you could have a great playing guitar that didn't cost the same price as a nice used CAR.  They look cool in all but so what if they only make a small number and put a guys name on it.  I like the idea of buying used or buying from a independent builder.

I guess you can say this about any one of the artist's models.........  The reason why I bought one, (as a huge fan of Mr. B), was to own a guitar that celebrates his incredible ability, and passion to play.  This may seem terribly sophomoric, but I feel a certain connection, and inspiration, when I play his guitars.   He is the "real deal", and although there are probably many guitars that sound, as good, or better, there are only  a few with his name on them. (that he knows about, LOL)  And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is good enough for me.

Excellent answer!  I was sure I was going to get a bunch of crap about having to try one before I knocked it.  I totally can respect that answer.

121 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-05 19:18:36)

AD3THREE wrote:

Excellent answer!  I was sure I was going to get a bunch of crap about having to try one before I knocked it.  I totally can respect that answer.

Thank you kindly, it was written from the heart.....

joemags54 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

I guess you can say this about any one of the artist's models.........  The reason why I bought one, (as a huge fan of Mr. B), was to own a guitar that celebrates his incredible ability, and passion to play.  This may seem terribly sophomoric, but I feel a certain connection, and inspiration, when I play his guitars.   He is the "real deal", and although there are probably many guitars that sound, as good, or better, there are only  a few with his name on them. (that he knows about, LOL)  And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is good enough for me.

+1 Joe!  I feel the same so I'm ok being sophomoric tongue  Glad to see you hanging out here.

Jim

joemags54 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

Don't get me wrong glade you got one. Simple when Gibson says limited run that is crap

124 (edited by joemags54 2012-09-05 19:34:50)

jclark42796 wrote:
joemags54 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

+1 Joe!  I feel the same so I'm ok being sophomoric tongue  Glad to see you hanging out here.

Jim

Thanks Jim.  I guess, when trying to find like minded individuals,  I couldn't drift too far into the tulips, joining a Joe B Forum.

joemags54 wrote:

I've been away from these forums for a while but at the time of the first issue I did follow the numbers. My view was that 1-250 Aged. 251- 275 were Un-aged. (mainly Wildwood but Muscians Friend also had some)  There were initially 5 (I think) CAB but then a sixth one was made (281) as a replacement for 276. 276 was supplied by Guitar Village in the UK but arrived at my friends with a broken headstock. 281 was custom made as a replacement. It is different in that it has JOE B 281 on the Headstock as opposed to the BONAMASSA xxx found on the initial issue of 300. I took 281 to Joe to get it signed for my friend, it really confused him. I did see aged versions with serial numbers greater than 281 so I assume they reverted back to 20 or so aged.
I may call Peach tomorrow as they have a few of the 335s. My guess is that the Un-aged Gold Top was put in as a part ex on a 335. At the moment I believe it is first issue and is listed as used.

Well said Joe! I didn't know about any of this stuff till a week ago. Just got a CC#3, love it!