Re: Wildwood guitars has gloss top CS GOld top JB for sale

jclark42796 wrote:

Thanks Joe for getting to the bottom of this!

+1

Re: COA, interestingly my unaged GT COA isn't signed by Joe.  Neither was my 335 until I had him sign it in May.   I too am guessing this is just the standard COA.  If they have signed COA's laying around, then I want one for my unaged lol

Come to think of it I didn't get a signed COA with my unaged one either. I bought mine through Musicians Friend though. Not sure if that makes any difference.
I'm pretty that my sons Epi came with one though.

I'm still very happy with the way they both play but I am not happy that Wildwood would do something like this.

Gibson Collectors Choice #6
Joe Bonamassa Custom Shop Goldtop Unaged 1st run
Alvarez Acoustic '95
Gibson Skylark GA5-T '65, Marshall JTM45 Reissue, Fender Princton Reverb '72, Modded Bugera V5, Fender Bandmaster '68, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2558

Re: COAs - I thought all the Gold Top LPs came with this little hard cover 'booklet' which has Joe's hand done signature in silver ink?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8179/7898 … 45151c.jpg

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

75 (edited by airportdon 2012-08-31 07:07:35)

Spider wrote:

Until this is properly resolved...

BOYCOTT GIBSON!!!

Better yet, BOYCOTT WILDWOOD!!!

Pass this on to all who care. Please.

+1 ....Something is not right with all of this for sure !!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I'll go along with boycott, not like I could buy one anyway lol.

I'll boycott Epiphone, LOL tongue
If that makes a difference!

But seriously, I'm sure Joe really doesn't want to alienate a company he's so closely tied to, so I daresay he will think boycotting is a bad idea, but I'm sure he's disappointed. So just hold your horses guys until we hear from Joe again, after all he is the voice of reason.

All the best,

- Stefan

am watching this topic with some interest, but not thinking about buying one. Actually, depending on the rosewood species, it should be more dense than maple today because the new growth maple is being harvested too quickly. Maple, especially white maple the sapwood, has become a fav with architects and interior designers for doors, cabinets, and flooring. Why do we see so many baseball bats splintering into pieces? It wasn't like this 5 to 6 years ago. FWIW

Jimmy wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

Sounds like cost saving to me...  and the video where he said they would cross grain is totally there.  Does the CEO at Gibson even play guitar?  Also I thought Rosewood was supposed to last longer then maple.  Henry said that maple is harder and stronger so it lasts longer then rosewood...but how many strats have we seen with warn out fret boards???  Henry seems doped up in ever video they make does anybody else think that?

Maple is harder than Rosewood, but it shows more wear because it's a light-colored wood. Once the lacquer wears away, it's easy to stain it with grime and oil.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

Why do we see so many baseball bats splintering into pieces? It wasn't like this 5 to 6 years ago. FWIW
]

Probably because of the lack of ticket sales to go into the purchase of quality bats tongue

https://twitter.com/JBONAMASSA/status/2 … 8678043648

Devan wrote:

Re: COAs - I thought all the Gold Top LPs came with this little hard cover 'booklet' which has Joe's hand done signature in silver ink?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8179/7898 … 45151c.jpg

This is all I received with my aged Gold Top......no case candy whatsoever!! Personally I don't think it'll make any difference banging on Gibsons door but locally Wildwood on the other hand have acted in the most underhand disrespectful way,if these guitars are being sold with false COAs and with Joe's signature!!......if you have no respect for Joe like Wildwood Guitars have shown then they'll be right up your street.....I'm so f..ked off about this!

https://twitter.com/gibsonguitar/status … 2237811713

Just when you thought it was bad it got worse, Gibson has teamed up with Nickelback!! tongue

stefanhauk wrote:

Just when you thought it was bad it got worse, Gibson has teamed up with Nickelback!! tongue

A bit of methylated spirit should get that signature right off! smile

DaveWammbarro wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:

A bit of methylated spirit should get that signature right off! smile

Now there's some thinking!!

Devan wrote:

Interesting question.  My first-run Epi JBLP had a COA that was a full-size 8½ x 11 piece of paper.  Those snazzy little booklets are a recent addition, methinks...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
Devan wrote:

Interesting question.  My first-run Epi JBLP had a COA that was a full-size 8½ x 11 piece of paper.  Those snazzy little booklets are a recent addition, methinks...

I remember seeing a picture of Joe sitting in his living room with a stack of a 1000 certificates to sign for the Epis. I'm sure it's somewhere on the net.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

No the booklets were with the Custom Shop Gold Tops.  It also had a RAH DVD with it.

Coach305 wrote:
Devan wrote:

Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific.  The original Gibson CS Gold Tops came with the booklet I believe.  I thought the Bonabursts and perhaps the Studios might have as well...?!?

And I do remember the video where Joe was talking about signing a stack of COAs for the Epis that was about a foot high!! smile  You would think Gibson/Epi would have been more wary about possibly giving their ambassador RSI and ending his guitar playing career early! lol

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Coach305 wrote:
Devan wrote:

Yes the 1st run had a piece of paper..some of them got ruined in the case during shipping...had to call Gibson-Epiphone for a replacement way back then...still was signed by Joe...they must have had some extra ones around for replacements..

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I guess we are still waiting to see what happened with this new run of gloss Gold Tops. I feel bad for the people who thought they had one of a small run of guitars. Fact is there are no more rare or collectable guitars these days. Gibson will build anything that sells. I'm waiting for them to start another run of Rossingtons so instead of mine being #24 of 250 it will be 24 of 2500.

Anthony

ACF wrote:

I guess we are still waiting to see what happened with this new run of gloss Gold Tops. I feel bad for the people who thought they had one of a small run of guitars. Fact is there are no more rare or collectable guitars these days. Gibson will build anything that sells. I'm waiting for them to start another run of Rossingtons so instead of mine being #24 of 250 it will be 24 of 2500.

I think you've hit the nail on the head - if it sells well they'll build more.  I think with a modern Gibson (or any big brand) you are best off accepting your guitar will not be collectable, or more valuable, because of being a limited run.