Re: Wildwood guitars has gloss top CS GOld top JB for sale

I am really not suprised and to be quite honest , hope joe gives em a good*()^%(  kickin!!
once again gibson seem to do this , but fender do not !!  Gibson prices keep going up and the world is in serious debt!!

Sorry there is no such thing as a limited edtion guitar anymore, !!
i used to work for gibson and i know the greed involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but i sold my jb aged goldtop as it doesnt feel special anymore and there is so much flooding now!!
i love gibson guitars but i hate the greed!

airportdon wrote:
wharris wrote:

Now if they painted them Candy Apple Blue…

Yes I agree....that's a great idea.....:)

shhhh... don't give them any ideas.

stevebonamassive wrote:

I am really not suprised and to be quite honest , hope joe gives em a good*()^%(  kickin!!
once again gibson seem to do this , but fender do not !!  Gibson prices keep going up and the world is in serious debt!!

Sorry there is no such thing as a limited edtion guitar anymore, !!
i used to work for gibson and i know the greed involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but i sold my jb aged goldtop as it doesnt feel special anymore and there is so much flooding now!!
i love gibson guitars but i hate the greed!

I had a friend who worked at the C/S in Nashville....he got fed up with their nonsense and left them out of the blue.
At the time I could not imagine why he did....I thought he had a super cool job/a super cool company ....
I guess he knew way back then what was coming down the road.....

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Spider wrote:
airportdon wrote:
wharris wrote:

Now if they painted them Candy Apple Blue…

Yes I agree....that's a great idea.....:)

shhhh... don't give them any ideas.

They need some good ideas......L.O.L

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Is the next colour for the Les Paul going to be the Juszkiewicz Grey or the Berryman Beige?

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Is the next colour for the Les Paul going to be the Juszkiewicz Grey or the Berryman Beige?

Genius.

Sadly, I have stopped buying and playing modern Gibsons as I have been unhappy with the way that they do their business and some of the quality issues I have experienced. Its really not a good reflection on the company if they dont respect the artists and customers. I dont have any problems with vintage gibsons...

Smitty Custom classic Strat in sonic blue
Smitty Custom classic Gold top Hog tele
DR Z m12

It's a bit sad they would do this without consulting Joe.  He has been such a good ambassador for Gibson and it seems a bit disrespectful.

I'm not surprised Joe feels embarrassed - even though it's not his fault they do have his name on them so lots of folk will think he had a hand in it.

The great thing about JB is he is prepared to give you a straight answer himself though.

they don't care that joe might be pissed with them as they know his choice of guitar is a Gibson and he wouldn't change because of this!
i think am looking for older guitars now especially gibsons as the whole process was different say 10 years ago , woods are better  , imo , but I'm not gonna say never would i buy a new one again , just depends on the guitar as they are all different!
don't see joe playing his custom shop gold top .... no ... do you see the bona burst...no .....do you see the 335..?... as he has the original...no!!! i know he has them but they are not his main guitars!! no disrespect to joe as he his my  guitar god but... this whole thing has got silly. but i know this isn't his fault .

jclark42796 wrote:

Well these are weight-relieved-2-piece-board-glossy Limited editions.  They may go fast if people aren't paying attention.  But I doubt it at 4300.  They didn't even include the story about how the Goldtops were thought up.

Should I read this as all current Gibson rosewood boards are 2 piece?  I'd been wondering if the 335s were!

I don't have links to the exact posts, but there are threads about Gibson and the two piece boards.  Supposedly some of the early 2012's were still one piece, but pretty much everything else is 2 piece all due to the confiscated wood.

2-Piece Reissue Fingerboard Proof
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=180035

2012 Laminated Fingerboard Dissected
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=182092

Even discussion in the "Sandy" thread
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=181715

Take it with a grain a salt.

Jim

I doubt seriously if you had a 2 piece board you could tell without removing the nut and checking.  Tone wise I doubt it would make much if any difference since the boards were already glued to the neck in the first place.  That being said I've never played one and I've never tried the baked maple either.  But cost cutting and doing what ever it takes comes to mind when I think of 2 piece anything.

66 (edited by dthomas22 2012-08-30 15:16:46)

cindyron wrote:
Spider wrote:
Devan wrote:

That's the rub for me.  It's definitely not Joe who needs to feel embarrassed or bad here.  The problem is strictly with the ethics of Gibson Inc.  I am not worried about the resale value of my JBLP Gold Top because the guitar in itself is ultimately rewarding for me and I have no intention of selling it.

I am concerned that the actions of the company here will be more damaging to Joe's brand more than anything else.  I think it is cool that he is doing some sleuthing work on our behalf, and I am grateful for that.

Gibson is not the only player here. This is a Wildwood exclusive. Both are milking the JB cash cow.

I am more pissed that they didn't even pass this by Joe. That is a complete and utter disrespect for Joe.  Hey of course all Gibson cares about is $$$$. I will not believe them ever when they say "Only this number or that number made' that's Bull$%#@

+ 1 !!!!!!!!

I don't like the idea of 2 piece FB at all.     http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=182092

wharris wrote:

I don't like the idea of 2 piece FB at all.     http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=182092

Extremely worrying...for the price.

Sounds like cost saving to me...  and the video where he said they would cross grain is totally there.  Does the CEO at Gibson even play guitar?  Also I thought Rosewood was supposed to last longer then maple.  Henry said that maple is harder and stronger so it lasts longer then rosewood...but how many strats have we seen with warn out fret boards???  Henry seems doped up in ever video they make does anybody else think that?

AD3THREE wrote:

Sounds like cost saving to me...  and the video where he said they would cross grain is totally there.  Does the CEO at Gibson even play guitar?  Also I thought Rosewood was supposed to last longer then maple.  Henry said that maple is harder and stronger so it lasts longer then rosewood...but how many strats have we seen with warn out fret boards???  Henry seems doped up in ever video they make does anybody else think that?

Maple is harder than Rosewood, but it shows more wear because it's a light-colored wood. Once the lacquer wears away, it's easy to stain it with grime and oil.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Until this is properly resolved...

BOYCOTT GIBSON!!!

Better yet, BOYCOTT WILDWOOD!!!

Pass this on to all who care. Please.

Spider wrote:

Until this is properly resolved...

BOYCOTT GIBSON!!!

Better yet, BOYCOTT WILDWOOD!!!

Pass this on to all who care. Please.

You can count on that spider. I think I am going to pen a nice letter to the Gib folks and tell them exactly they way I feel. But I am going to hold off until Joe chimes back in.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others