Re: Wildwood guitars has gloss top CS GOld top JB for sale

Bill, Devan and to everyone who chimed in here,
        I am working on finding out exact numbers of each guitar produced.  The gloss finish JBLP is news to me.  As far as the 335's, the deal was to do a limited run to promote the Guitar Center Battle of the Blues Competition.  There should only be 50 of these.  That is what I agreed to. Honestly I think there are more, how many? I couldn't say at this point.  This is pretty embarrassing and again news to me.  We are gonna get to the bottom of it good, bad or otherwise because you guys more so than I deserve to know how many of these guitars are out there.  Its funny I tend to know more about the shipping totals of 58,59, and 60 Les Paul Standards than I do my own run of guitars at this point.  I will keep you posted as this plays out. 
Thanks again for the support and the understanding. 
Joe B

Your a good man Joseph. It's certainly not your fault. I'm sorry for your embarrassment.

Stay Safe

Thank you for continuing to be a class act, Joe. It will be incredibly difficult for any other artist to match your work ethic and integrity.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I am working on finding out exact numbers of each guitar produced.  The gloss finish JBLP is news to me.  As far as the 335's, the deal was to do a limited run to promote the Guitar Center Battle of the Blues Competition.  There should only be 50 of these.  That is what I agreed to. Honestly I think there are more, how many? I couldn't say at this point.  This is pretty embarrassing and again news to me.  We are gonna get to the bottom of it good, bad or otherwise because you guys more so than I deserve to know how many of these guitars are out there.  Its funny I tend to know more about the shipping totals of 58,59, and 60 Les Paul Standards than I do my own run of guitars at this point.  I will keep you posted as this plays out. 
Joe B

Your the man Joe
Thanks Ron from Pelham

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thanks Joe, I appreciate your due diligence.

I called and talked to Wildwood today and was told that there would be a total of 40 Gloss Goldtop guitars.  A special run just for them.

Thanks again,

conorb

conorb wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

I called and talked to Wildwood today and was told that there would be a total of 40 Gloss Goldtop guitars.  A special run just for them.

Thanks again,

conorb

Thanks for that piece of info. Still concerning that Joe does not even know of it. The fact that Gibson can just spit these out after you think you have a guitar that will not be made again now being made is in my mind very wrong. Perhaps i just bought my last Gibson.

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

Thanks for that piece of info. Still concerning that Joe does not even know of it. The fact that Gibson can just spit these out after you think you have a guitar that will not be made again now being made is in my mind very wrong. Perhaps i just bought my last Gibson.

That's the rub for me.  It's definitely not Joe who needs to feel embarrassed or bad here.  The problem is strictly with the ethics of Gibson Inc.  I am not worried about the resale value of my JBLP Gold Top because the guitar in itself is ultimately rewarding for me and I have no intention of selling it.

I am concerned that the actions of the company here will be more damaging to Joe's brand more than anything else.  I think it is cool that he is doing some sleuthing work on our behalf, and I am grateful for that.

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Devan wrote:
cindyron wrote:

That's the rub for me.  It's definitely not Joe who needs to feel embarrassed or bad here.  The problem is strictly with the ethics of Gibson Inc.  I am not worried about the resale value of my JBLP Gold Top because the guitar in itself is ultimately rewarding for me and I have no intention of selling it.

I am concerned that the actions of the company here will be more damaging to Joe's brand more than anything else.  I think it is cool that he is doing some sleuthing work on our behalf, and I am grateful for that.

Gibson is not the only player here. This is a Wildwood exclusive. Both are milking the JB cash cow.

Spider wrote:
Devan wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Gibson is not the only player here. This is a Wildwood exclusive. Both are milking the JB cash cow.

I am more pissed that they didn't even pass this by Joe. That is a complete and utter disrespect for Joe.  Hey of course all Gibson cares about is $$$$. I will not believe them ever when they say "Only this number or that number made' that's Bull$%#@

That's a real shame, hopefully the situation will be adequately resolved, UNDER JOE'S WATCH!!

I'm thinking this is going to get ugly before it gets better.  I hope all involved will figure this out without having to get a court settlement.  I guess I echo what everybody is saying its not right that Joe has no idea about these guitars... Personally they could have made as many as they wanted for Joe as long as he agreed to it.  But to go and pull a thing like this has no class.  I guess they had bad sales at Gibson USA due to not using Rosewood on more then half their products and decided they need to get it where they can. 

Long live the Prince of the Blues Joe Bonamassa!

well I read the Wildwood site and it says they have a COA that goes with these guitars

cindyron wrote:

well I read the Wildwood site and it says they have a COA that goes with these guitars

I saw that too, but I am guessing that is the normal Gibson CS COA.  If they are handing out a booklet with Joe's signature like the original 300, then I think Joe needs to go down there with a rather large stick and wave it around a bit and ask questions...

Weren't all the signatures hand done individually by Joe?  IIRC, even the Epiphone certs were all individually hand signed by Joe.  If they are handing out COAs with Joe sig on it with these ones, that's tantamount to forgery.

Let's not even go there until we know what the COAs look like...

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Devan wrote:
cindyron wrote:

I saw that too, but I am guessing that is the normal Gibson CS COA.  If they are handing out a booklet with Joe's signature like the original 300, then I think Joe needs to go down there with a rather large stick and wave it around a bit and ask questions...

Weren't all the signatures hand done individually by Joe?  IIRC, even the Epiphone certs were all individually hand signed by Joe.  If they are handing out COAs with Joe sig on it with these ones, that's tantamount to forgery.

Let's not even go there until we know what the COAs look like...

I briefly had an Epiphone JB Goldtop and the cert was indeed handsigned by Joe.  Honestly I don't remember if my Bonaburst or Studio have signed certs.  I'm not sure and I guess I could go upstairs and check but...

I would like to get a Custom Shop Goldtop and since the aged ones never really appealed to me the new Gloss Goldtop looks interesting.

I will not buy one, however, unless it gets "blessed" by Joe and right now given his lack of involvement in this release (through no fault of his own) that doesn't seem all that feasible.

The serial numbers on these Goldtops will be JBG ## - for Joe Bonamassa Goldtop.  I'm sure they're a nice guitar and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want one but unless Joe's really involved it just doesn't seem right.

conorb

cindyron wrote:
conorb wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thanks again,

conorb

+1....Might be my last Gibson as well...very disappointed with all of this ....I think the 40 gloss tops should go back to the factory

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Now if they painted them Candy Apple Blue…

wharris wrote:

Now if they painted them Candy Apple Blue…

Yes I agree....that's a great idea.....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thanks Joe for getting to the bottom of this!

Spider wrote:

+1

Re: COA, interestingly my unaged GT COA isn't signed by Joe.  Neither was my 335 until I had him sign it in May.   I too am guessing this is just the standard COA.  If they have signed COA's laying around, then I want one for my unaged lol