Re: Wildwood guitars has gloss top CS GOld top JB for sale

I see they have 9 in stock now.  Not good when the man himself doesn't know a thing about them... not even a autographed certificate.

20 (edited by airportdon 2012-08-28 16:02:29)

AD3THREE wrote:

I see they have 9 in stock now.  Not good when the man himself doesn't know a thing about them... not even a autographed certificate.

Wow-9

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Nothing else needs to be said until Joe reports back.

Hmm... I should hold my response until Joe comes back with his findings, but chalk me up as another disappointed owner.

Not because I wanted to sell my JBLP for huge profits in the future, but mainly because it took me nearly a good two years of scouring the world before I could get one.  Now it seems that your local K-Mart store will have a few million to choose from... wink

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Spider wrote:

Nothing else needs to be said until Joe reports back.

Agree with spider let's all cool our engines me included and wait to here back from Joe
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Okay I'll cool, I wasn't upset in the first place I was posting so people could get one.

It appears these are a Wildwood exclusive.  Doesn't sound to me like the floodgates are opening, but rather that Gibson gave a small perk to a valued partner who has done a good job moving their merch.  And, to be honest, the kind of people who buy these high-end guitars as investments tend to be a little picky.  If these new ones don't have the same Joe-signed COA the originals did, for instance, that might actually increase the value of the original ones that did.  The folks who care about "collectibility" are going to be VERY aware of such differences.  Think about all the people who obsess about such things right down to preferring one month over another in a particular production year.  Folks like that will still be likely to pay more for a first-run model than for one that came along later, and didn't quite have every bell and whistle the first ones had...

Everybody count to ten...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:

It appears these are a Wildwood exclusive.  Doesn't sound to me like the floodgates are opening, but rather that Gibson gave a small perk to a valued partner who has done a good job moving their merch.  And, to be honest, the kind of people who buy these high-end guitars as investments tend to be a little picky.  If these new ones don't have the same Joe-signed COA the originals did, for instance, that might actually increase the value of the original ones that did.  The folks who care about "collectibility" are going to be VERY aware of such differences.  Think about all the people who obsess about such things right down to preferring one month over another in a particular production year.  Folks like that will still be likely to pay more for a first-run model than for one that came along later, and didn't quite have every bell and whistle the first ones had...

Everybody count to ten...   wink

Good point coach....still like to hear what the Boss finds out.
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Very cool of you to take this bull by the horns, Joe.

Well...  No update yet but certainly the inquiry has been sent...I totally understand the situation and why us guitar guys are protective of the serial # thing..  I have extended the line on a few of these runs especially the Epiphone due to the amount of orders and how quickly the guitars where snatched up..  I wanted kids and players to have access to them. Thats always been my point with these things  is to get a Les Paul and a copy of the Beano record into every kids hand.  The gloss custom shop I am completely in the dark on and honestly can't comment.. I will share the info as I get it hopefully soon. Thanks for the heads up...
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Well...  No update yet but certainly the inquiry has been sent...I totally understand the situation and why us guitar guys are protective of the serial # thing..  I have extended the line on a few of these runs especially the Epiphone due to the amount of orders and how quickly the guitars where snatched up..  I wanted kids and players to have access to them. Thats always been my point with these things  is to get a Les Paul and a copy of the Beano record into every kids hand.  The gloss custom shop I am completely in the dark on and honestly can't comment.. I will share the info as I get it hopefully soon. Thanks for the heads up...
Joe B

thanks Joe
Cheers Ron from Pelham

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thanks Joe, I was going to call as I've purchased my 2 JB LP's from Wildwood but will wait until you can fill us in on these Gloss Goldtops.

I would really like to find an original unaged Goldtop but maybe these new ones are as close as I'm going to get.

Thanks again for checking it out.

conorb

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Honestly.... I didn't know these guitars even existed..... I am gonna inquire about them today... I am as surprised as you are and frankly  not thrilled....
I will keep you posted..
Joe B

Maybe ask about the additional ES335s too please.

First it was 50, then 100, now I see someone has #363!!

They're awesome guitars, but c'mon!!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Thx for looking into this....Don

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

33 (edited by joemags54 2012-08-29 09:15:03)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

I am the very proud owner of all 4 gold tops, aged, un-aged, Epi, and Studio. They are all fantastic gits. I play the studio every morning, I absolutely marvel at the build quality of the Epi!.... Just had the aged set up again,.. it's like butta!. ...I too, am not concerned with how many runs Gibby builds as there will always be that very distinction...... I never owned a Les Paul, until the fateful day I saw Joe at the Royal Albert Hall.....  Now I own 6. (I added a'56 GT with P90's,, and a VOS G0) all quite unique in their own right.  Joe, you blew us away at Westbury, and the Beacon, I'll see you in November at The Tilles Center.  I'll be the 58 yr old screaming like a teenager. You have and continue to serve as such an inspiration to all the committed players.  A very humble,.....Thanks.    You are welcome anytime for a "hang", or to sit in with the band.  PS To all,  I have been listening to Joe Bonamassa Radio on Pandora, man if you get "da  bluz", I highly recommend it .!

Wildwood has 15 of them in stock now.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Since Joe isn't aware of these guitars I wonder who will end up with #1?

Joe, one of the many reasons that I admire you, is how you really go out of your way to take care of your fans. You are an inspiration in many ways. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule for us once again.

Regardless of the outcome, I think I will still sadly, part with two of your three children JBLP 251 un-aged and JBLP 51 or Bonaburst 01

It’s been my honor to own a part of such a huge milestone in your road to success.  I will use the proceeds to take advantage of the Vegas market to help buy a new home for my children.

I will keep everyone posted,
Bill