Topic: New Bonamassa fan

Hello blues fans. I found this site after hearing Joe on a blues radio show and all I can say is WOW. I have ordered Live at Rockpalast DVD and A New Day Yesterday CD.
I just wish that Joe was going to play here in Oregon sometime this year. He is truly a gifted guitarist as well as a great singer.
As a huge Stevie Ray Vaughan fan, Joe's music brings back the feelings I got seeing Stevie Ray perform live. I regret that I only got to see Stevie Ray play live three times before his life was tragically cut short. I can hear Stevie's influence in Joe's playing, but I have to say that I think Joe is overall a better player. His slide work is incredible. I look forward to seeing Joe play live somewhere.
Rory in Portland, Oregon

Re: New Bonamassa fan

Welcome Rknrory!!! I love Oregon, did the whole coast and the Columbia river about 8 yrs ago. Start saving your money, because you're going to want to buy everything!! I think it would be worth your efforts to look for the closest show and plan a trip. Maybe I'm biased, but I think Joe will soon outgrow the smaller, more intimate venues. Keep posting. We'll all Joe addicts!!

Welcome Rockin' Rory!

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Welcome Rory,

Glad you like Joe. And happy that you discoverd this site. This forum is growing every week with Joe fans.

Greetz

Hi Rory:

I'm very new here as well - I only "discovered" Joe in the last week and this site in the last few days, but you'll enjoy this forum. They're great fans of Joe and very, very knowledgeable about music and blues.

I think you'll enjoy the people and your visits here..!

Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.

Mark

I agree, very nice and musical people on the board. Enjoy it everyday!
So a big welcome Rory!

Andre Wittebroek.

RknRory wrote:

I look forward to seeing Joe play live somewhere.
Rory in Portland, Oregon

Welcome aboard Rory.  Joe has been playing in Seattle in Dec. in times past, maybe some tour dates will be posted with some NW dates.  It would be worth the travel to see him LIVE!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

RknRory wrote:

Hello blues fans. I found this site after hearing Joe on a blues radio show and all I can say is WOW. I have ordered Live at Rockpalast DVD and A New Day Yesterday CD.
I just wish that Joe was going to play here in Oregon sometime this year. He is truly a gifted guitarist as well as a great singer.
As a huge Stevie Ray Vaughan fan, Joe's music brings back the feelings I got seeing Stevie Ray perform live. I regret that I only got to see Stevie Ray play live three times before his life was tragically cut short. I can hear Stevie's influence in Joe's playing, but I have to say that I think Joe is overall a better player. His slide work is incredible. I look forward to seeing Joe play live somewhere.
Rory in Portland, Oregon

Welcome aboard,

I hope you got a good theatre sytem in the house, if not you will pick one up quick. Wait till you see him slide on "The River", Took both of my DVDs to my brothers house to show him this monster guitar player I just discovered.

My brother was already blown away on Rockpalast, we were like 8 songs in the show before "The River" comes on. I pause the disc, tell my bro " use the head your going to get a cookie now!" My brother is the biggest slide guitar fan I have ever known, so he looks at me after the song and says "David you didnt me he could slide too! That guy is unreal. Where has this dude been? He can sing better than Clapton or Stevie too, I gotta see him live"

Thats what big brothers are for. He is going to Reno with me, it will be epic!

Shredit

P.S......I dont know if " Jet Blue " flys out of Portland, they have them $39.00 dollar specials all the time, take a look.

Welcome aboard Rory. Always nice to add another forum member with impeccable musical tastes!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

welcome rory, your story fits the profile of the rest of us bonamaniacs.nice to have another family member.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

hey rory-
i live in salem and have been a joe-fan since 2001...
first show was at the roseland in 2002 and a few more since....
email me off the board and i can hook you up with some shows
welcome-
bill masullo