37 (edited by Rocket 2012-08-23 17:13:38)

Re: Hello from the new Street Team Captain

I believe it is time for clarification!  A new Street Team Director has been appointed.  An Email was sent out August 13th, 2012, and by way of applying for it myself, Rachael (Iverson, J & R's long time Marketing Director) informed me we have a new Street Team Director.  Unnamed so far...

So.... how about an announcement??!!! Fall US of A tour approaching, let's get ON IT!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket the email I received mentioned that they had an opening as Street Team leader in the office. Alexis was replaced with Larry and that evidently didn't work out so they are seeking applicants for that position. I have extended an offer to be involved in possibly moving it in a different direction or at least exploring how it functions in the ever changing world of social media and marketing.

The forum was how it got it's start but was neglected as a resource. The original motivation was simply to promote Joe not to win contests. Seeing Joe succeed was the prize. I didn't have a problem with the Affiliates program or Youtube contests they were a form of marketing but didn't really care for some of the other incentives to get people to work. Alexis requiring people to take photos of the fliers or posters to make sure they did what they promised seemed a little much to me.

39 (edited by Rocket 2012-08-23 18:30:50)

jim m wrote:

Rocket the email I received mentioned that they had an opening as Street Team leader in the office. Alexis was replaced with Larry and that evidently didn't work out so they are seeking applicants for that position. I have extended an offer to be involved in possibly moving it in a different direction or at least exploring how it functions in the ever changing world of social media and marketing.

The forum was how it got it's start but was neglected as a resource. The original motivation was simply to promote Joe not to win contests. Seeing Joe succeed was the prize. I didn't have a problem with the Affiliates program or Youtube contests they were a form of marketing but didn't really care for some of the other incentives to get people to work. Alexis requiring people to take photos of the fliers or posters to make sure they did what they promised seemed a little much to me.

Yes, all true, and my sentiments essentially mirror yours.  However, since I am making officially known to family of friends, I am currently unemployed since coming back from Europe, and offered to take on the task, was willing to relocate to Boca Raton without relocation assistance, was thanked by Rachael, and she stated they have hired the new Director.  Who that is, I only know it is not myself!!! Anxious for the announcement and introduction of him or her is all!

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
jim m wrote:

Yes, all true, and my sentiments essentially mirror yours.  However, since I am making officially known to family of friends, I am currently unemployed since coming back from Europe, and offered to take on the task, was willing to relocate to Boca Raton without relocation assistance, was thanked by Rachael, and she stated they have hired the new Director.  Who that is, I only know it is not myself!!! Anxious for the announcement and introduction of him or her is all!

Rocket

I was wondering. I had replied to that August 13th email myself, asking if it was a full time gig and if it required reclocation to FL. Never received a reply. They probably had their fill of me the first time around roll lol

Stu Craig wrote:
Rocket wrote:
jim m wrote:

Rocket

I was wondering. I had replied to that August 13th email myself, asking if it was a full time gig and if it required reclocation to FL. Never received a reply. They probably had their fill of me the first time around roll lol

Hey Stu...I thought you did a great Job..:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:
Stu Craig wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Hey Stu...I thought you did a great Job..:)

Thanks. It was an amatuer effort at best though, even if my motivations came from the right place. I'm sure the JB camp will be MUCH better served by an energetic young gun who actually has some training in promotions, etc.

43 (edited by Rocket 2012-08-24 20:03:04)

I concur with Lady Jane, Stu me boy!  We needed and loved you (Joe too, so don't be so self critical).  I know you are humble.  Love Ya, man!  The word was had to be local to the office...
I could be local by next Tuesday after I paid my hamburger bill....

Jane, if I had been offered the position I would be totally fair!  I would always say NO!!! I guess I better edit in a smiley thingy- tongue

Rock Kin ONWARD & UPWARD with the Faith,
Rocket

Stu Craig wrote:
Rocket wrote:
jim m wrote:

Rocket

Well said Jim, and, Stu, you know I think of you as the Grand Puba wink Melissa also did a great job "back in the day". I do hope the new Captain will pull it all together and give us clear directions. I guess it's all growing pains.    Cathy

Jane H. wrote:

Stu, can't thank you enough for what you did do. I know the sheer numbers of contacts were smaller but I can not begin to express how appreciated the contact and follow up you did was.

I hope the new person can find a way to make it all fair, simple and easy to understand. I think the forum is a good reference point for the official word and i hope they utilize this tool to post. That way the rest of the team can direct other fans to the offcial word when they ask places like FB and JBXP that aren't monitored by the staff extensively. Too spread out as it is now IMO and hard to keep tabs on. I see alot of mixed info out there. The forum and the team can help with that which will also reduce confusion IMO.

anyway Stu you still rock and our efforts were perfect especially at the time. Thank you

Looking forward to hearing whats next.

Yeah, what Jane said!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Stu Craig wrote:

Thanks. It was an amatuer effort at best though, even if my motivations came from the right place. I'm sure the JB camp will be MUCH better served by an energetic young gun who actually has some training in promotions, etc.

Effort is effort Stu, no such thing is amateur. From my understanding, given the timing of Joe's tours, Roy was looking to get someone in here ASAP and for that reason was looking for a local. So many things in this world come down to being in the right place at the right time and I happened to luck out in a big way. I want to thank you for your contributions and I look forward to working with you to help sell Joe's shows out in your area. Thanks again.

It seems to me that this topic is now redundant, so it's off to the basement garage.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith