Re: Who does she think she is?

We attended the Syracuse concert and were absolutely knocked out by Joe's concert!  It was our third lucky time enjoying a live performance by Joe and his fabulous touring band.  There's no question about it  -   Joe Bonamassa is a phenomenal gift to every fan of the Blues on Planet Earth today!  Oh Hello, State of New York  .... Joe B' is one of your's - - you'd best be doing nothing less than embracing his incredible talent and accomplishment thus far at only age 35 with great pride and ownership, for he's a  modern-day magnificent gift wrapped up in a marvellous old (State of New York) soul! As fine as they can come at that!! smile      Joe, we can't wait to see you again in Toronto on November 17th; in the meantime, we're totally grooving to your newest album - it's soooooo good!  Congratulations, and always stay as great as you ARE!!!!   Love to you and your fantastic band, Rick, Carmine and Tal - you are going to rock South America.  Good Luck, keep safe as you go, and all the very best to you and everyone important and precious to you.   Thank you for Y*O*U*!

I honestly disagree...Heres the thing..  The New Times and that group of writers, journos and local glitteraty pride themselves on the power play..  I reserve the right to review the review..  She could of said it wasnt my cup of earl grey ect ect.. and I wouldnt of said a thing.. The fact that she worded it such an insulting way with that proverbial central New York flair was enough for me to go...You know what....?That is wrong. Whether she is someones daughter or not..  My opinion of  Jessica Novak and The Syracuse New Times remains the same...24 or Not... She chose to play hard ball....I am done with them and this thread honestly...
Joe Bonamassa

{{{{{{ Joe }}}}}}

plj

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I honestly disagree...Heres the thing..  The New Times and that group of writers, journos and local glitteraty pride themselves on the power play..  I reserve the right to review the review..  She could of said it wasnt my cup of earl grey ect ect.. and I wouldnt of said a thing.. The fact that she worded it such an insulting way with that proverbial central New York flair was enough for me to go...You know what....?That is wrong. Whether she is someones daughter or not..  My opinion of  Jessica Novak and The Syracuse New Times remains the same...24 or Not... She chose to play hard ball....I am done with them and this thread honestly...
Joe Bonamassa

Syracuse has glitteraty???? Who da thunk????

Who's Got It Better Than Joe's Fans?????
                                                                                  NOBODY!!!

Jim Harbaugh

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

41 (edited by Shredit 2012-05-27 00:01:50)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe Bonamassa

You have the last word Boss.....George....Moods....time to close this thread....what do ya say? .....

I agree.

It was a mistake really to bring this up.

I apologise.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

gary wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:
gary wrote:

Maybe Joe needs to take a year off,work in the fields, to get some blues "cred"
Maybe she picked these ideas up from some of the blues snobs,who like to put down bluesrock?

AHEM!  I'm a blues snob...that idea wouldn't come from a snob like me.  Whether from the bottoms or the suburbs, if you got it...

MuchReal
FDOL

Not you BJJ just the stereotypes.And who was in a rock band?LOLAnd if you were a blues "snob" you wouldn't be a big Joe fan because he has a bit too much rock in his blues.You know what I'm sayin.........

Just poking big fun, dude.  Joe knows.  I yam what I yam.  I got accused of that sentiment (blues snob) when I once said about somebody:  "That CD is Excellent, but it's not blues."  people read what they want into that, whether it's there or not.

Joe is human.  So many will try to hold him to unattainable standards, then sniff pompously about how disappointed they are that he didn't step up to meet their expectations.  Who appointed them God or music critic or miss manners or any effing thing else?.  Pull my finger...

I get tired of it.  Joe takes more of it in stride, I imagine, than most of his "critics" ever could.  let me get my beatin' stick.

TheySuck lol
bigjeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

As per Joe's hint, this will now retire to the basement.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I have a theory. She dug it but she attended the show with a crotchety old blues snob telling her how it wasn't the blues and you know the drill. Maybe even her dad. I was just wondering how a 24 year old knows a thing about paying dues. It was just so schizophrenic Praising and then hating. Maybe she learned a lesson. Then maybe not.

I personally think critiques deserve a little blow back from time to time. The artist appears to be fair game and they are supposed to stay above the fray and turn the other cheek. Well Joe does things a bit different. I kind of like that. Now that I got the last word time to close this thing. smile