Re: Joanne Shaw Taylor

No doubt you'll have seen this on other parts of the forum:-

JOE BONAMASSA - SPECIAL GUEST - JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR

A SALUTE TO THE  BRITISH BLUES EXPLOSION

02 Jul UK Preston Hoghton Tower
07 Jul UK London Greenwich Music Time Festival
08 Jul UK Newark Newark Castle
12 Jul Belgium Luxembourg Abbey Neumunster

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

She is going to have a busy year. Has UK dates with Wilko Johnson in April.

Her new album has been produced by Kevin Shirley.

BansheeUK wrote:

No doubt you'll have seen this on other parts of the forum:-

JOE BONAMASSA - SPECIAL GUEST - JOANNE SHAW TAYLOR

A SALUTE TO THE  BRITISH BLUES EXPLOSION

02 Jul UK Preston Hoghton Tower
07 Jul UK London Greenwich Music Time Festival
08 Jul UK Newark Newark Castle
12 Jul Belgium Luxembourg Abbey Neumunster

Very nice indeed. That's going to make the Greenwich show even more special

58 (edited by NickelWound 2016-03-23 14:58:12)

As always, thank you Natasha for the video you did get.... fantastic.

As for JST she is an artist I want to like, I want to buy her albums and get deeper into her music, but one thing always holds me back. When she sings it seems to come from somewhere deep inside, but when she plays, at least to me, it doesn't. Barbra Streisand once said about music 'from the heart to the heart.' When JST sings it feels just like that, but her solos seem too come from her head and not her heart. I don't pretend to know what she's thinking, but in her solos it feels like they are crafted to be.... solos, not a connection with the piece of the music she is singing about. Just a solo, a cool solo not an extension of the song... does that make any sense?... anyhow.

One of the most obvious demonstrations of guitar and song being 'from the heart to the heart' for me is demonstrated in Joe at the Beacon doing 'Down Around My Place' with John Hiatt. The solo fits to perfection the dark, brooding slightly angry song and when he gets to those last high notes and they bust back into the song with that harmony I get a rush from head to toe. I am still waiting for that to happen with JST and I really hope she gets there. She has good songs, a great voice, tons of emotion and chops. Now make me believe the chops are for that song and that song only. Just my 2 cents.

Jut thought I'd edit to add. OK Joe is a master but here's a girl who plays from some other place. Joanna Conner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezioGCOtRvU

Joanne's just announced a 15 date UK tour for October; Aaron Keylock as support.

The making of her new album with Kevin Shirley & Michael Rhodes....

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-04/joa … ocumentary

A truly great talent. She was a great support for Joe at Preston and got a brilliant response from the crowd. A real star in the making. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Has also announced a UK tour for January 2017; places like Gateshead Sage up my way and O2 SBE down that there London. Plus Glasgow ABC, Manchester Academy, Sheffield Memorial & home gig at Birmingham Town Hall

PSmith1946 wrote:

A truly great talent. She was a great support for Joe at Preston and got a brilliant response from the crowd. A real star in the making. big_smile

She is truly. Also, met her briefly and seems like  very very nice, genuine person to boot. I'm rooting for her to be huge.

"This train don't stop for no one" - JB

brian.reiser wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

She is truly. Also, met her briefly and seems like  very very nice, genuine person to boot. I'm rooting for her to be huge.

Being from south Florida I assume you will be booking the cruise to see her again. big_smile

PSmith1946 wrote:
brian.reiser wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

Being from south Florida I assume you will be booking the cruise to see her again. big_smile

One of the main reasons I booked the '17 cruise is Joanne...and I'm from California where she never plays....

She played the same day as Joe at Doheny in '13. It all is on my yt channel if you missed it. She wowed em! Here's Diamonds in the Dust, there are several more there. Shaky camera work, I was getting bumped around in the crowd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsKNB_cf5ws
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

JST is incredible. She and Joe should totally make an album together.

"This train don't stop for no one" - JB

Joanne is an amazing talent...I just love her voice and her playing....can't get enough of her so I booked the cruise for next year for my JST fix....she doesn't get out west very often if at all...

Heads up. Joanne will be on next week's Jools Holland TV show in the UK. Paul Rodgers also on smile

Brill. Best of both worlds. big_smile

Kenny wrote:

Heads up. Joanne will be on next week's Jools Holland TV show in the UK. Paul Rodgers also on smile

Forgot to mention:-  The Pretenders. "Led by the inimitable Chrissie Hynde, they play tracks from their upcoming ninth studio album Alone, their first since 2008. Joining them will be the record's producer, Dan 'The Black Keys' Auerbach."

Another great new CD !!

Check it out