Re: Forum players under 21

helrazr84 wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Really cool Gary, I've loved all your stuff, keep on doing what keeps you motivated....I can never get enough guitar playing for my ears smile

Shred

Hi Gary, great improv as usual, but a question as I am toying with Marshall haze 15, Blackstar HT20 or HT5. You play Blackstar what do you think for choice. Mainly for home fun with LP

If you don't mind my opinion I'll say this much: I have little experience with the Haze although I did play the combo at Guitar Center about 2 years ago and it seemed fine to me. I was looking to buy a guitar really, so I wasn't super focussed on the amp but I honestly did like it. As far as the HT-5, I played my friends through the matching 1x12 cabinet for a while here at my house using a LP. It sounded good however it seemed to only get a super thick tone no matter what EQ settings. They had little impact in my opinion, wasn't overly impressed with it for a bluesy tone.. Hard Rock and Metal, it was perfect. I did also run a regular ibanez ts808 in front of it with the pedals gain dialed back as well as the amp's gain. That smoothed it out but out of the 2, I would buy the Haze. Regardless of the onboard effects, which are cool, I liked the sound of it much better and I wasn't even really looking much into the amp.

I've read some mixed reviews on the Haze, and can't understand the negative responses. Its not a bad amp? I honestly never have too much trouble getting a decent tone out of an amp, even a cheap solid state. I'm certainly not in the pro leagues when it comes to skill level, but when people basically have nothing good to say about an amp that costs several hundred dollars, (which is obviously not a beginner's toy in that price range) I tend to believe either they are too narrow minded or not very good players. I did see a guy playing out about 2 months ago using a Haze combo, and it sounded not so good..but guess what? Neither was he, so I attribute the amp's poor performance to him alone. It sounded fine when I played one. I'd say buy the Haze combo. -S

Thanks for that, thats the way I was thinking (but the 15w stack not the combo) I saw the vid and the Blackstar you have which I presume is the 20. Thanks for the quick reply.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hey guys, here is a demo I've just recorded of a song that will be on my next album, hope you guys like it!!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_13322183

Well of course I like it wink You have such maturity for your age.   Cathy

PSmith1946 wrote:
Shredit wrote:
GaryParker wrote:

Hi everyone again,

I'd just like to share with you an Improv in a Joe Bonamassa (ish) style I did a while back at the beginning of December 2011 - anyways, here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yC4Mtgr … mp;list=UL

Many Thanks
-Gary Parker

Really cool Gary, I've loved all your stuff, keep on doing what keeps you motivated....I can never get enough guitar playing for my ears smile

Shred

Hi Gary, great improv as usual, but a question as I am toying with Marshall haze 15, Blackstar HT20 or HT5. You play Blackstar what do you think for choice. Mainly for home fun with LP

Cheers Bud!  Hmmm, I'd personally say Blackstar HT20 is a very good shout, aswell as the HT5.  Dont disregard the 5 watts - its mighty loud - especially for noodling around at home.

stefanhauk wrote:

Hey guys, here is a demo I've just recorded of a song that will be on my next album, hope you guys like it!!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_13322183

Good stuff as we have come to expect. Keep posting, enjoy them all. big_smile

GaryParker wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Shred

Cheers Bud!  Hmmm, I'd personally say Blackstar HT20 is a very good shout, aswell as the HT5.  Dont disregard the 5 watts - its mighty loud - especially for noodling around at home.

Thanks for the reply. I must say I'm leaning to the Blackstar..

PSmith: why don't you get the ht5 head and haze head and a 2x12?!

Thanks Cathy and Peter!! Won't have many for a while (maybe a few covers because this batch of songs will featured on my debut release.... Will be going into rehearsals soon and will be recording in August so I can have done by the time Joe is here in October so I can give him one)

helrazr84 wrote:

You are a bad man. Temptation is the devil....I thought the 4x8 was a good choice too..

Tonally the Haze absolutely romps the Blackstar, Blackstar products are unreliable too!

PSmith1946 wrote:
helrazr84 wrote:

You are a bad man. Temptation is the devil....I thought the 4x8 was a good choice too..

My other, larger and louder, rig is a Class 5 head, and a Tweaker 15 head. Both through their own Marshall 1936 cab. That unit is ridiculously loud, I wouldn't even waste the time carrying my 4x12s! If you do get 2 small heads, they will sound great through a single 2x12, Egnater makes a nice looking 2x12 thats affordable. Matches the Tweaker. As I've said before, I wasn't personally wild about the blackstar ht head by itself but I bet it would pair nicely with that Haze..just a thought!

I'm not saying this to brag about what I have, but I've really been getting into the small amps lately and have a handful of them. Just easier all around and I can achieve the sounds I want with less weight! My 100 watters and 4x12s are just room decorations now! Have you played either the blackstar or haze?

helrazr84 wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:
helrazr84 wrote:

My other, larger and louder, rig is a Class 5 head, and a Tweaker 15 head. Both through their own Marshall 1936 cab. That unit is ridiculously loud, I wouldn't even waste the time carrying my 4x12s! If you do get 2 small heads, they will sound great through a single 2x12, Egnater makes a nice looking 2x12 thats affordable. Matches the Tweaker. As I've said before, I wasn't personally wild about the blackstar ht head by itself but I bet it would pair nicely with that Haze..just a thought!

I'm not saying this to brag about what I have, but I've really been getting into the small amps lately and have a handful of them. Just easier all around and I can achieve the sounds I want with less weight! My 100 watters and 4x12s are just room decorations now! Have you played either the blackstar or haze?

That was the reason for my question. I will be playing the Haze shortly as my mate has a guitar shop in Colne and Skipton and he has his Haze full stack in the basement of his shop. He's going to service the guitar and I am going to use his with my guitar which seems the sensible thing. I was after the comparison because of playing his,  when I was originally looking at the Blackstar, either the 5 or 20 (leaning to the 20). Any opinion appreciated.

Oh, ok for some reason I was under the impression you might have played the haze and not the blackstar. The Haze stack does look cooler than the blackstar..its bigger! -S

Guys, please keep the gear talk for the appropriate place. This has gone rather off topic here in recent posts.

Thanks. smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

123 (edited by Silhouette89 2012-05-29 15:43:56)

Hello there!

I´m 22 but thought I´ll post here nevertheless.

I plan to participate in a Blues Rock battle in my area and I´m just in the process of writing a track.
Since I don´t like Songs who are basically a backing track for a guitar show off (which is often the case with these competitions)
I tried to come up with a cool guitar theme which gives the song a meaning.
Anyway some feedback before I work out the whole song would be cool.

So here´s a  (really) short extract for you can to listen to the first part of the guitar theme, it´s obviously insprired by Gary Moore (kind of a modern version with that intro;-), hope you like it.

http://soundcloud.com/silhouette89/tryout

Constructive Feedback is welcome;-)

Silhouette89 wrote:

Hello there!

I´m 22 but thought I´ll post here nevertheless.

I plan to participate in a Blues Rock battle in my area and I´m just in the process of writing a track.
Since I don´t like Songs who are basically a backing track for a guitar show off (which is often the case with these competitions)
I tried to come up with a cool guitar theme which gives the song a meaning.
Anyway some feedback before I work out the whole song would be cool.

So here´s a  (really) short extract for you can to listen to the first part of the guitar theme, it´s obviously insprired by Gary Moore (kind of a modern version with that intro;-), hope you like it.

http://soundcloud.com/silhouette89/tryout

Constructive Feedback is welcome;-)

Love it! How long have you been playing for?

http://soundcloud.com/jonny-lowther/wok … ming-intro there's a little preview of the whole song that i will record soon..

Jlowther wrote:

http://soundcloud.com/jonny-lowther/wok … ming-intro there's a little preview of the whole song that i will record soon..

Hello there,

cool interpretation of that Woke Up Dreaming Intro, especially the choice of chords is great!

I´ve been playing since I was 12, here´s a Video of me doing some Funk/Soul Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqauiFhpAbo

Silhouette89 wrote:
Jlowther wrote:

Hello there,

cool interpretation of that Woke Up Dreaming Intro, especially the choice of chords is great!

I´ve been playing since I was 12, here´s a Video of me doing some Funk/Soul Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqauiFhpAbo

That's great! Lot of feel in that love it

I'm hearing a heavy jazz influence!