Re: Forum players under 21

stefanhauk wrote:
Jlowther wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:

I'll need someone to teach me first lol!!

You're a hell of a lot better than I am...learning to sing will be a big challenge for me

You're a better player!!

Well it's all a matter of opinion...I happen to think, if I may offer my opinion, your playing is best when you're on the strat just busting out all the blues licks with some soul! smile

Jlowther wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:
Jlowther wrote:

You're a hell of a lot better than I am...learning to sing will be a big challenge for me

You're a better player!!

Well it's all a matter of opinion...I happen to think, if I may offer my opinion, your playing is best when you're on the strat just busting out all the blues licks with some soul! smile

I don't really like much any more though man!!

stefanhauk wrote:
Jlowther wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:

You're a better player!!

That's good..you're evolving big_smile

Jlowther wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:
Jlowther wrote:

*strats!!

Les Paul's are warm and cuddly!

stefanhauk wrote:
Jlowther wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:

*strats!!

Les Paul's are warm and cuddly!

Amen to that brother

Alright you two get a room...

Thanks for the advice Jonny! I need to back off the gear obsession that I never had as a young player (probably because I couldn't afford much) but I was a much sharper player then. Zero effects and just an amp. Need to get back into practicing and focussing on playing rather than how cool my rig looks, because trust me: nobody notices anyway! I always tended to keep my right hand similar to Yngiwe's when I was practicing my picking on my strat but instantaneously ditch that form when I pick up my Les Paul. I've even tried watching myself in the mirror when I practice to judge my motions and form. I'm gonna try your method and see how that feels. Thanks a lot for your advice. Don't do any "how to" videos on my account, but should you get around to making some, I'll definitely be gracious. And yeah, skip the over explaining of things.. Probably a few times of running the licks fast then slow should suffice. Having a metronome in the background would be good too so the listener can pick along to a beat. Later brother.

-Seth

helrazr84 wrote:

Alright you two get a room...

Thanks for the advice Jonny! I need to back off the gear obsession that I never had as a young player (probably because I couldn't afford much) but I was a much sharper player then. Zero effects and just an amp. Need to get back into practicing and focussing on playing rather than how cool my rig looks, because trust me: nobody notices anyway! I always tended to keep my right hand similar to Yngiwe's when I was practicing my picking on my strat but instantaneously ditch that form when I pick up my Les Paul. I've even tried watching myself in the mirror when I practice to judge my motions and form. I'm gonna try your method and see how that feels. Thanks a lot for your advice. Don't do any "how to" videos on my account, but should you get around to making some, I'll definitely be gracious. And yeah, skip the over explaining of things.. Probably a few times of running the licks fast then slow should suffice. Having a metronome in the background would be good too so the listener can pick along to a beat. Later brother.

-Seth

lol

I feel ya man! I always look at myself in the mirror while playing to make sure my form is good. Sorry I couldn't explain it better but that video is better than a thousand words! And yes after exams finish I'm sure I could do that no problem smile

Later!

I sort of understand what you're trying to convey with the hand placement and wrist movement, but not fully. Basically its like relearning guitar in a way and the problem is when I play out; I'll undoubtedly revert to my usual trick bag of licks, finger tapping etc..!

Hi folks, hopefully im posting this in the right area, and hopefully its ok to post this at all lol.
My names Frazer and im a 20 year old guitarist from Glasgow, Scotland, and am looking for other musicians to have a look at my playing and if they think it is of a good standard, write a few words regarding your thoughts on my ability for me to put on my website which we will be setting up tomorrow.
It's a very strange and contrived request, but ive come across so many great players here that id be glad to have a couple of your names giving your musical insight into what i have to offer as a player. Obviously in return i would leave a link on my site to your site/myspace/soundcloud or page that promotes your music.
I already have a few from people ive worked with but i thought there'd be no harm in asking for some more experienced musicians input on this forum.
Sorry for this odd request/post but i am merely utilizing the small windows of opportunity i have open to me at this time
Here is a link to my youtube channel with some short HD videos of me playing some different styles & techniques (ignore the 2 old videos as they are poor quality and from years ago, cringe >.<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/frazerburns91/videos

Thanks for indulging me, any questions just ask.
Frazer

(copied and pasted from a thread i posted in the 'other artists' section)

Me playing Joe's actual Ibanez Tubescreamer pedal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76jk58_vl2s

Dude,
I am no player but I know the business. Post some vids of you playing with a band, lets see some band dynamics. There are a million and one players posting short clinical videos. Lets see some feel play and originality. You can obviously play but don't get caught the bedroom guitarist trap. Do do you sing? If so you have something others will not. Not having a go, it is good advice. If your not in band, get in one (and get with musicians that will stretch you). It is the only way to get on.

frazerburns19 wrote:

Hi folks, hopefully im posting this in the right area, and hopefully its ok to post this at all lol.
My names Frazer and im a 20 year old guitarist from Glasgow, Scotland, and am looking for other musicians to have a look at my playing and if they think it is of a good standard, write a few words regarding your thoughts on my ability for me to put on my website which we will be setting up tomorrow.
It's a very strange and contrived request, but ive come across so many great players here that id be glad to have a couple of your names giving your musical insight into what i have to offer as a player. Obviously in return i would leave a link on my site to your site/myspace/soundcloud or page that promotes your music.
I already have a few from people ive worked with but i thought there'd be no harm in asking for some more experienced musicians input on this forum.
Sorry for this odd request/post but i am merely utilizing the small windows of opportunity i have open to me at this time
Here is a link to my youtube channel with some short HD videos of me playing some different styles & techniques (ignore the 2 old videos as they are poor quality and from years ago, cringe >.<)
http://www.youtube.com/user/frazerburns91/videos

Thanks for indulging me, any questions just ask.
Frazer

(copied and pasted from a thread i posted in the 'other artists' section)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DiTHPhTILg

Hey guys, here's my LIVE cover of 'Rocky Mountain Way' with band Flight 69.... Hope you guys enjoy it (guitar solo is at the end)  ... Thanks for taking the time.. Forever grateful..

- Stefan Hauk

Great stuff Stefan really good cover with nice solo too. Excellent. big_smile cool big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Great stuff Stefan really good cover with nice solo too. Excellent. big_smile cool big_smile

Thanks Pete!! Almost happy with this one lol

Frickin awesome man! I even caught myself doing "guitar face" listening to your solo!! Your volume and licks were right where they should be: ON TOP!!! You must have gotten different tabs for that song than everyone else?! -Seth

helrazr84 wrote:

Frickin awesome man! I even caught myself doing "guitar face" listening to your solo!! Your volume and licks were right where they should be: ON TOP!!! You must have gotten different tabs for that song than everyone else?! -Seth

Tabs would be about as useful to me as cake baking instructions printed in a foreign language... Can't read sheet music or tab! Haha

I can't read music either. In high school, I memorized all the music in band when I played the sax. Tabs are for general reference to me, not a master doing those at all!

helrazr84 wrote:

I can't read music either. In high school, I memorized all the music in band when I played the sax. Tabs are for general reference to me, not a master doing those at all!

That's the way to go... I play what I feel, not what I read.

- Stefan

helrazr84 wrote:

Same here. Completely self taught by messing with the guitar.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)