Topic: Dallas

Joe did an amazing acoustic set on Saturday afternoon on the outside stage.  The weather was picture perfect, mild temps, sunny, light breeze, lots-a-beer, Joe playing guitar. (We pinched ourselves to see if if was real or a dream).  It was real !     Needless to say, this was Dallas, and the sound was dialed in perfectly, and there was plenty of it !.   We are grateful for that !!

Can't remember everything, but he came out with four acoustic songs---  U-Upset Me Baby,  Miss U, Hate U,  Walk in My Shadow, Blues Deluxe,  he switched guitars and brought another player up (can't remember who though).   He played a little tribute to BB King -  "The Thrill is gone", which was a pleasant surprise.  Thank you for that. This is about all I can remember of the details.   

Can't wait for the new CD to come out now.  His acoustic work is sooo intricate & dynamic.  It's the little added details that slay me. He fills in every conceivable little space, like the little fist pounding on the acoustic.  This is part of why he has to have the right sound support, without which, some of this detail becomes lost and indistinguishable. 

Spoke with alot a very good players over the weekend. Invariably the Joe topic comes up. One player said to me, "Well you think your pretty good, until you hear Joe play", and he had that look on his face, like, I was fooling myself.  And I said to him "No, your're wrong.  You are that good. It's just that Joe is the exception to the rule. He's one in a million, that doesn't make you any less of a great player."  So, it would be nice if alot of guitar players stop measuring themselves against Joe.  In addition to his working very hard at what he does, he is also just "gifted", no doubt.

Sorry, took a little detour from the show.  Joe spoke about his upcoming 30th birthday and threw his NY baseball cap out into the crowd.  As usual, I was about two rows back from missing the cap, but I will admit this.  If I would have caught that cap, I'd bravely wear it to a Cardinals baseball game.  Then he threw a guitar pick out, didn't get that one either.  Some other show, some day, I'll get that pick.

Thanks again, Joe & we'll catch you again soon, out on the road !

Sincerely,

Kat & Jim

Re: Dallas

The other player was Wes Jeans, a local talent, and damn good also.  Joe has had him on stage with his before, and for everyone's info, Joe's backup band was Monkey Beat, Jim Schuler's Band, and did a fantastic job, sort of makes me wish Joe had an organ in the band, made a great difference. 

Thanks Joe for a great show, and was great talking with you again.

Was also great seeing some old friends and of course Jim Moody!

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

I wanted to the Dallas Guitar Show this year but had to work on Saturday. I saw Joe a couple of years ago at the show and he smoked, I'm sure this show was every bit as good as that one.

Kat&Jim wrote:

.....         U-Upset Me Baby.........

Kat & Jim

....sigh.....  pattyluvsjoe .......... Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight,
                                               I wish I may, I wish I might
                                               Have the wish, I wish tonight .................... wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

My wish is that those smile face things, when used, show up as big as a moon pie, so I don't have to go get my #2 Walgreen's readers to see the expression.   Well, she's 36 in the bust, 48 in the waist, 44,000 hips she's got real crazy legs, you upset me baby. Yes, you upset me baby.