Re: Joe Bonamassa Signature ES-335 Registry

Please add #78 to the registry.

I went to Seattle to check out the area and found 78 at the GC in downtown Seattle. I had it shipped to my house to avoid any sort of airline fiasco. It will be here on Tuesday.

Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES335
Gibson 2013 Les Paul Standard Plus - Tea Burst
Gibson 2009 Songwriter - Acoustic

SteveRose77 wrote:

Done.

Congratulations!  Hope it arrives safe and sound!

Jim

Thanks, Jim!

I hope so too.

Wanted to chime in with serial #366. Bought from AMS this week. Guitar was made 8/7/12.  AMS now sold out. Maybe it was really the last one made?

Andy212 wrote:

Wanted to chime in with serial #366. Bought from AMS this week. Guitar was made 8/7/12.  AMS now sold out. Maybe it was really the last one made?

Congrats Andy!  That's a very interesting serial number.  Joe said only 365 ES-335s were made. Sounds like Gibson slipped one more out the door.  Hope you're enjoying your new guitar and welcome to the forum.  I'll update the registry, where are you from?

Jim

I am located in NYC.  The guitar is frigging fantastic. Got it yesterday.  Finish and everything. Probably the best new Gibby I have seen in a long time. Thanks to Joe for having Gibson make this jewel of a guitar!

Andy212 wrote:

The guitar is frigging fantastic. Thanks to Joe for having Gibson make this jewel of a guitar!

+1 I concur

jclark42796 wrote:
Andy212 wrote:

Congrats Andy!  That's a very interesting serial number.  Joe said only 365 ES-335s were made. Sounds like Gibson slipped one more out the door.  Hope you're enjoying your new guitar and welcome to the forum.  I'll update the registry, where are you from?

Jim

Well, Joe said that including his they even have leap years covered, so I guess he has #1 (or some other low number) and then they go up 365 from there to 366.

kestrou

kestrou wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:
Andy212 wrote:

Jim

Well, Joe said that including his they even have leap years covered, so I guess he has #1 (or some other low number) and then they go up 365 from there to 366.

kestrou

I'm still confused with the deal that there were to be 50 and now over 300+... Thats QUITE and oversight..?? But since the price has dropped on them from a few online retailers, I'm guessing production is or has been halted.

helrazr84 wrote:
kestrou wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

Jim

kestrou

I'm still confused with the deal that there were to be 50 and now over 300+... Thats QUITE and oversight..?? But since the price has dropped on them from a few online retailers, I'm guessing production is or has been halted.

It's weird I apparently bought the last one from American Musical Supplies and it did show as  "sold out". Today though they show as in stock again. Makes you wonder. Maybe someone  returned . Who knows.

I am glad though they did make more than announced, but I completely understand the frustration of those who were first to place their orders.

I briefly tried and sold a Epi Sheraton II before. Now with the JB 335 I can only chuckle about the posts praising the Sheraton vs the ES335. Must have been written by Sheraton owners!

Anyways feeling blessed to be in the JB owner's club!

Happy playing all!

I used that last one in stock at AMS to price match the one I purchased at GC. The day before I purchased it, it showed that it was sold out and the price was no longer there. Luckily when I went to buy the guitar, it was back in stock at AMS and was able to get the price lowered. I'm guessing that someone probably put it in their cart and left it there and it was emptied automatically. If someone returns a guitar they can no longer sell it as a new piece.

SteveRose77 wrote:

I used that last one in stock at AMS to price match the one I purchased at GC. The day before I purchased it, it showed that it was sold out and the price was no longer there. Luckily when I went to buy the guitar, it was back in stock at AMS and was able to get the price lowered. I'm guessing that someone probably put it in their cart and left it there and it was emptied automatically. If someone returns a guitar they can no longer sell it as a new piece.

AMS only showed "out of stock" after my order was fully processed and a shipping confirmation was sent. Imho putting it in a cart will not be enough to remove it from inventory.

For example I had # 77 at MF in my cart for 2 weeks . That did not prevent it from being old to another lucky member of this forum . Lol

Oh ok. There goes that theory. Either way, I'm glad it worked out for both of us. I really wanted to get #77 as well. That lucky one in Florida has it now.

SteveRose77 wrote:

I went to Seattle to check out the area and found 78 at the GC in downtown Seattle. I had it shipped to my house to avoid any sort of airline fiasco. It will be here on Tuesday.

Congrats on your new addition....

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thank you!

jclark42796 wrote:
SteveRose77 wrote:

Done.

Congratulations!  Hope it arrives safe and sound!

Jim

It arrived safely and is amazing.

SteveRose77 wrote:

It arrived safely and is amazing.

Glad to hear! Happy NGD!  Now play the heck out of her big_smile

Jim

Yes sir!