Re: Joe Bonamassa Signature ES-335 Registry

chocolate wrote:

Can you add #83 on list  (I'm in NYC) and received the guitar last week.  Thanks

Congrats!  I've updated the list.

Jim

jonmy7 wrote:

JB 195 checking in from South England.  Loving it!

Congrats!

Jim

Can you add me to the list #333 from London Uk.

Congrats Greg!  Thanks for letting us know about your new guitar and welcome to the forum!  I've updated the list.

Jim

Hi all,
I'm very happy with my new ES 335 JB #168. I've just received it from my wife as a present for my 40 years old birthday. It's a fantastic guitar that plays like a dream. Just a friendly advice, run and buy one of them before they're sold out.
I wish to all of you a happy new year 2013.

JB~72 wrote:

Hi all,
I'm very happy with my new ES 335 JB #168. I've just received it from my wife as a present for my 40 years old birthday. It's a fantastic guitar that plays like a dream. Just a friendly advice, run and buy one of them before they're sold out.

Congrats, I've updated the registry.  Enjoy your new guitar!

Jim

Add #119 to the list! Happy New Year!

JB~72 wrote:

Hi all,

Ho c'est trop drôle moi aussi j'ai eu ma ES335 JB pour mes 40 ans cette année!!!! bon anniversaire JB~72
Et bonne année 2013 a tous.

MB73 wrote:

Add #119 to the list! Happy New Year!

Congrats!  I'll update the list. Where ya from?

Jim

Found this post by Joe in the LP forum
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showp … ostcount=9

Originally we did the ES-335 models with a limit of 50 units for Guitar Center to promote this years King of the Blues competition. Something happened and there was a misunderstanding about worldwide and 365 of them were sold until I said we cant make anymore. It really was only supposed to be a very limited model. No blame on Gibson mostly on me for not realizing that orders came in from all over the world. Thats why they are not available anymore. I figure one for everyday of the year is enough... Count mine and we even have leap years covered..

Joe B

jclark42796 wrote:

Originally we did the ES-335 models with a limit of 50 units for Guitar Center to promote this years King of the Blues competition. Something happened and there was a misunderstanding about worldwide and 365 of them were sold until I said we cant make anymore. It really was only supposed to be a very limited model. No blame on Gibson mostly on me for not realizing that orders came in from all over the world. Thats why they are not available anymore. I figure one for everyday of the year is enough... Count mine and we even have leap years covered..

Joe B

Joe had told that to me at a Meet & Greet a few months ago - but didn't want to quote him and it possibly be out of context, so have been sitting on that info ever since (especially since it isn't a big deal to me how many are made).

But for those hung on on the "limited run" aspect, the story is now out!

kestrou

jclark42796 wrote:

Joe B

Thx for the post Jim

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Another happy customer, #338
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-g … 335-a.html

These are on sale now at American Musical 2899.

I may have taken the plunge....

helrazr84 wrote:

These are on sale now at American Musical 2899.

I may have taken the plunge....

That's because they flooded the market! Lol

Should have stayed at the initial 50!

Yeah, slightly flooded! But if they hold fast at 365 of them, these guitars might hold some bit of rarity.

#358 Seth Connors
Manchester, PA

I've been hankering for a 335 for some time now. Couldn't decide on a color. And I also like the looks of nickel hardware and such. So after a lot of hem hawing around, I decided to go with the JB335. It has a classy look and tone to match.

Overall I like the guitar. Really snappy sound, very articulate. The neck isn't what I expected, the center of the back being slightly flat is noticeable. The neck feels wider than my Traditional Standard with 50's neck. Reminds me actually of the neck on my SG Standard, maybe a hair thinner. So far I'm happy with it. Gonna change out the knobs for all gold as I don't care for mismatched. Had a spare amber switch tip at home that I also put on.

This thing really looks, feels and smells old, killer guitar. Even sounds kinda like a banjo unplugged on the unwound strings.

helrazr84 wrote:

#358 Seth Connors
Manchester, PA

I've been hankering for a 335 for some time now. Couldn't decide on a color. And I also like the looks of nickel hardware and such. So after a lot of hem hawing around, I decided to go with the JB335. It has a classy look and tone to match.

Overall I like the guitar. Really snappy sound, very articulate. The neck isn't what I expected, the center of the back being slightly flat is noticeable. The neck feels wider than my Traditional Standard with 50's neck. Reminds me actually of the neck on my SG Standard, maybe a hair thinner. So far I'm happy with it. Gonna change out the knobs for all gold as I don't care for mismatched. Had a spare amber switch tip at home that I also put on.

This thing really looks, feels and smells old, killer guitar. Even sounds kinda like a banjo unplugged on the unwound strings.

Happy NGD Seth!  Glad you're enjoying your 335, great guitars! 

Jim