Re: Joe Bonamassa Signature ES-335 Registry

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana
JB-026
Picked up on 5/4/2012

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Congrats Chuck!  Worth the wait?

jclark42796 wrote:

Congrats Chuck!  Worth the wait?

Yes it was, Man, I in love all over again!:)

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

I picked up #24 this morning from the UPS depot. So far so pretty fantastic. I like the neck shape a lot...color is awesome...smells good...howls like a wild monkey.

troyad wrote:

I picked up #24 this morning from the UPS depot. So far so pretty fantastic. I like the neck shape a lot...color is awesome...smells good...howls like a wild monkey.

Wow like a wild monkey!!!!! I will need to go listen to a wild monkey howl.
Congrats
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Mine arrived, finally. #035.

GC wasn't sure when mine would ship, so the manager at the local store found one in California. They agreed to 3-day ship so I'd have it this week. Held my breath and crossed my fingers. Got the call this morning that it arrived, so made arrangements to pick up at lunchtime.
When I get there the manager said he was tracking, found out someone dropped the ball about 3-day shipping. Probably wouldn't have arrived until Monday or Tuesday.

Knowing how badly I wanted it, he had the available one in Columbus overnighted. Great guy!

So I HAD to try it out at the store. Wow, nice...I'll definitely be putting it through its paces later today!!

Sadly the meet-and-greet was full, so I'll have to wait until after the concert to get mine signed.

TJNies - man, getting every one of these in hand has been an odyssey - but you showed tenacity and made it!

By the way when I asked Joe why the knobs on the 335 was different only on the neck pickup "tone" knob, he said because the shiny label on top of only that one has fallen off on his - so Gibson recreated it that way.  Also, he confirmed that he uses all steel saddles on his ES-335.

kestrou

TJNies wrote:

GC wasn't sure when mine would ship, so the manager at the local store found one in California. They agreed to 3-day ship so I'd have it this week. Held my breath and crossed my fingers. Got the call this morning that it arrived, so made arrangements to pick up at lunchtime.
When I get there the manager said he was tracking, found out someone dropped the ball about 3-day shipping. Probably wouldn't have arrived until Monday or Tuesday.

Knowing how badly I wanted it, he had the available one in Columbus overnighted. Great guy!

So I HAD to try it out at the store. Wow, nice...I'll definitely be putting it through its paces later today!!

Sadly the meet-and-greet was full, so I'll have to wait until after the concert to get mine signed.

If it makes you feel any better, I just got notified this afternoon that I was bumped from the meet-n-greet so I won't be showing Joe my ES-335.  Bigger problems in the world and I'm looking forward to the show, but just a little bitter for such late notice.

jclark42796 wrote:
TJNies wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, I just got notified this afternoon that I was bumped from the meet-n-greet so I won't be showing Joe my ES-335.  Bigger problems in the world and I'm looking forward to the show, but just a little bitter for such late notice.

I'd show up anyway in case of no-shows. Show Clancy the git and hope for a reprieve. Good luck! smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:
TJNies wrote:

I'd show up anyway in case of no-shows. Show Clancy the git and hope for a reprieve. Good luck! smile

Thanks Rick, I might just do that.

TJNies wrote:

Good luck getting it signed after the show TJ! I would try to get in anyway. They let a guy in at the Indy show because of a misunderstanding so he could get his Bona Burst signed. It's worth a try! Good luck Buddy! I hope it all works out!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Thanks guys. Termites!? Hmmm...

Jclark do you know where the meet-and-greet is supposed to happen at the Benedum? Maybe I'll take my chances.
Also, where are your seats? I'm in the balcony, but close to front, great sightlines there.

Can't really complain that I didn't get in, was late to request, and I hear the lithographs (& accompanying seats with M'N'G availability) sold out pretty quickly for the Pgh show.

Boy, playing this more, amazed at the gain the pickups have! I'm just using my '65 VibroChamp to start, but wow, no OD pedal necessary. Have to plug into the Maz18 next.

Got to playing some songs I would normally just use an acoustic. For instance, Seagull by Bad Company. Just learned it, and my vocal range fits the song. Sounds excellent on the JB 335!

Hey everyone. I got number 51!

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

TJNies wrote:

Thanks guys. Termites!? Hmmm...

Jclark do you know where the meet-and-greet is supposed to happen at the Benedum? Maybe I'll take my chances.
Also, where are your seats? I'm in the balcony, but close to front, great sightlines there.

Can't really complain that I didn't get in, was late to request, and I hear the lithographs (& accompanying seats with M'N'G availability) sold out pretty quickly for the Pgh show.

Boy, playing this more, amazed at the gain the pickups have! I'm just using my '65 VibroChamp to start, but wow, no OD pedal necessary. Have to plug into the Maz18 next.

Got to playing some songs I would normally just use an acoustic. For instance, Seagull by Bad Company. Just learned it, and my vocal range fits the song. Sounds excellent on the JB 335!

Sorry a little late to the reply.  I'm glad you're loving your guitar, it really is a nice guitar, I have no complaints!  The '57s are sweet pickups.

Jimmy wrote:

Congrats Jimmy!  You got it from Wildwood, right?  Whatcha think so far?

Jim

jclark42796 wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

Congrats Jimmy!  You got it from Wildwood, right?  Whatcha think so far?

Jim

Congrats Jimmy! How do you like it so far?

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

35 (edited by Jimmy 2012-05-28 21:46:13)

I'm enjoying it a lot. I tweaked the setup a little bit. I slapped a set of Super Slinkys on and raised the string height on low and high e to 2 mm from the 12th fret to string bottom. It's definitely a cool guitar. It's got a lot more honk than my Bonaburst and its even fun to play unplugged late at night.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Ok...so who actually knows the full detail with this guitar? I thought I'd heard, from JB himself, they were making 50 and it was a GC exclusive. Now we have someone who got #51 from Wildwood? Why is there so little info about these FANTASTIC guitars?