Re: Joe Bonamassa Signature ES-335 Registry

Thans Jim! I cant seem to put this guitar down....

I'm afraid my #35 was sold to Bluesky in NY.

I've sold a few guitars lately, but this one hurt to see go.

Does the neck binding cover the fret edges on the ES335JBs?  That is, are there nibs or no nibs?  I read a Vintage Guitar article that states that there aren't, though mine does have nibs....

vguerriero wrote:

Does the neck binding cover the fret edges on the ES335JBs?  That is, are there nibs or no nibs?  I read a Vintage Guitar article that states that there aren't, though mine does have nibs....

Very small ones

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 42#p273342

Jim

vguerriero wrote:

Looks like you're selling yours?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-ES335-Jo … 2341c67de9

294 (edited by TJNies 2014-10-06 12:13:11)

Note that my #35 is now being flipped on Ebay.

He had given this song and dance about how he had and missed a prior JB335 and was dying to have another. He intended to flip it all along. That's he perrogative I guess, but question his motives.

If you at all tempted, I wouldn't come close to his asking price. Just saying...

TJNies wrote:

Note that my #35 is now being flipped on Ebay.

He had given this song and dance about how he had and missed a prior JB335 and was dying to have another. He intended to flip it all along. That's he perrogative I guess, but he's a little shady.

If you at all tempted, I wouldn't come close to his asking price. Just saying...

Wow what a bum......

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

#44 now belongs to me in Jacksonville, FL. Found it right up the road at the Orlando Guitar Center.

Jeffz wrote:

#44 now belongs to me in Jacksonville, FL. Found it right up the road at the Orlando Guitar Center.

Congrats Jeff!  I've add #44 to the list.  Enjoy your new guitar!

Jim

Hey, I'm sitting here waiting for #335 to arrive at my door in Durham England. Feeling very pleased and ever so slightly smug about my lucky number! Hope its a good un!

Dave

Not this again! Welcome Davydet, hope I'm wrong on this but a number of Chinese counterfeit models were uncovered in the US, all bearing the number '335'. This number was apparently either not included in the run or is owned by the man himself.

Hello:-h

Thought I'd like to say Hi! Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, but whilst looking for info on Gibsons ES335, I found this register of the signature guitar which prompted me to write.

On Sunday just gone, I went for a ride on my bike to a local guitar shop in the UK.. Actually went to look at a used Collings In 35 lc, as for some crazy reason I fancied a play on a hollow body, but .when I got to the shop a guy was sat playing it.. And I thought..hmm quite nice. We chatted for a while and he told me he was going to buy it... Anyway, he said, hey, take a look at the used ES335..it's a signature model and they hold prices pretty well. The Guitar he pointed out turned out to be a used and very lovely Joe Bonamassa signature guitar.

The sales guy said, here, have a go. I can honestly say its possibly the most sweet guitar in every way. Just beautiful!...  I'm not a very good player, but I can tell a great guitar when a pick one up. I could barely put it down!

After a bit of thinking over a couple of nights and the should I shouldn't I dilemma as really need to buy a little car to use over winter.. But really like the gorgeously lovely Es.. And today some reckless spending...  She came home today and now lives with me in the UK. Number 223

I'm so pleased.. And feeling quite lucky to have found such a rare guitar. I'm hoping she will like being played on my Swart AST pro amp. It's been a nice Christmas

Wise choice wink  Congrats and welcome to the forum!  Enjoy your new guitar and come back and visit the forum, the best fans anywhere!

Jim

Just saw Joe's great show at the Hard Rock in S. Florida.  Friend of mine told me Joe does the "pawn shop" guitar search in each town.  I am retiring from playing, but I have the original 66 335 I have had since a kid, and I would like it to go to a real player, not some collector.  This guitar has thousands of miles and thousands of gigs on it, so real players know what I mean.  Anyone interested?

303 (edited by Slick64 2015-12-15 23:40:45)

I was fortunate enough to score one in Denver tonight.  I should have it next week.  Looking forward to it, I hear nothing but good things.

#129 is mine since 2015  - Jerusalem/ Israel.

I just picked up #124

Slick64 wrote:

I just picked up #124

Congrats

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others