Re: Joe Bonamassa Signature ES-335 Registry

l@ry wrote:
JB~72 wrote:

Hi all,
I'm very happy with my new ES 335 JB #168. I've just received it from my wife as a present for my 40 years old birthday. It's a fantastic guitar that plays like a dream. Just a friendly advice, run and buy one of them before they're sold out.
I wish to all of you a happy new year 2013.

Ho c'est trop drôle moi aussi j'ai eu ma ES335 JB pour mes 40 ans cette année!!!! bon anniversaire JB~72
Et bonne année 2013 a tous.

Excellent ! C'est drôle les hasards de la vie... Cette guitare est vraiment fabuleuse. Nos guitares n'ont que deux numéros de série d'écart. D'où provient la tienne ?

JB206 is alive and kicking and living happily in Bath. England

jclark42796 wrote:
 Sir, JB206 lives happily with Tonyc in Bath, England

I hope that this is helpful

#001  Bluebolivar        Brooklyn, New York 
#002  rockmikerock       New York
#014  IrishChieftain (on the Gibson forum) Sacramento, CA
#024  troyad             Iowa
#026  Chuck Fleming      Bloomington, Indiana
#028  kestrou            Illinois
#031  bona335            Delaware
#035  TJNies             Latrobe, PA
#037  jclark42796        Virginia
#038  anotherreissue     Fairfield CA
#039  Nighttrain         California
#051                     Pittsburgh, PA
#060  larrywilliams      Colbert, GA  
#066  bayourunner
#067                     Pittsburgh, PA
#070  jddarden           Charleston, SC
#077  fibre1             Melbourne, FL
#078  SteveRose77        Pasadena, CA
#083  chocolate          NYC
#101  flhgreg            Portland, OR
#112  mikemac (My LP forum) Philidelphia
#119  MB73
#168  JB~72              France
#170  L@ry               France (Lozère)
#195  jonmy7             South England
#209  DMB1973            Nottingham, U.K.
#214  andy1973           Derby, U.K.
#256  Hoss (My LP forum) Austria
#333  greg.simon.logan   London, U.K.
#338  db3266 (My Les Paul Forum)   Essex, U.K.
#358  helrazr84          Manchester, PA
#363  spitfire         (My Les Paul forum) Albuquerque, NM 
#366  andy212            New York, New York

33 out of 365 accounted for.

The Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES-335 recreates the revered bluesman’s vintage Dot

The Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES-335 is the latest signature model to be produced to bear the name of, arguably, the most talked about blues guitarist in recent years. The Bonamassa musical Juggernaut shows no signs of slowing, but then, when you consider he was opening shows for B.B. King at the age o0f 12, this hardly comes as a surprise… A man famed for his love of classic vintage guitars, and the staggering number he owns, one of the standout instruments in his collection is his prized 1961 ES-335. A stunning early example of this landmark Gibson model, this is the kind of guitar that makes guitar fans drool. Luckily, Gibson has made an accurate recreation of this amazing instrument, and Dawsons are due to receive some of them, just as soon as they are released!
Accurately recreated neck profile

The Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES-335 ‘s inspiration comes from a point very early in the Dot’s history (the guitar first appeared in 1958). Constructed from laminated maple, the 335 is semi hollow, with a solid maple block running through the centre. The Joe Bonamassa ES-335 follows this template, but is constructed with spliced plain maple/ poplar/ maple 3-ply laminate for the top, back and sides.

Like many of Gibson ‘s signature models, the original source guitar is recreated in detail. The neck profile of the Joe Bonamassa 335 copies that of his own guitar accurately. After measurement it was discovered that this was 0.050” thinner than a standard ’59 round profile. The neck is constructed from a single piece of mahogany, with rosewood fingerboard, and those famous dot inlays.

The pickups equipped to the Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES-335 are two ’57 Classic Humbuckers- the pickup models that replicate the original P.A.F. models that appeared on early Gibson ‘s. These are wired via Bonamassa’s chosen CTS pots, with a 3-way pickup selector switch, complete with the sought-after ‘bumblebee’ capacitors. An ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge provides further vintage detail, with a lightweight aluminium stopbar behind, and vintage tulip TonePro tuners.

To ensure further authenticity, the Joe Bonamassa ES-335 features a VOS finish, in a Vintage Sunburst specific to this guitar, that replicates the vintage fading of Bonamassa’s own.

Here’s a summary of the Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES-335 ‘s key details:

Recreation of Joe Bonamassa’s ES-335 – an accurate copy of the ’61 ES-225 he owns
    Semi hollow body – maple/ poplar/ maple 3-ply laminate top, back and sides with a solid maple central block
    Accurate neck profile – mahogany, 1 piece neck with accurate neck profile, slimmer than standard ’59 round profile, and holly wood headstock veneer
    Rosewood fingerboard – 22-frets complete with dot inlays
    ’57 Classic Humbuckers – replicate P.A.F. vintage tone, wired via ‘bumblebee’ capacitors, CTS pots and a 3-way selector switch
    Unique finish – Vintage sunburst specific to the Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES-335
    Complete with custom shop case

From: http://www.dawsons.co.uk/blog/gibson-jo … oming-soon

Tonyc wrote:

Congrats and welcome to the forum!  I've updated the list on the first page.

Jim

Tonyc wrote:

congrats on your purchase of this awesome instrument.

Gibson Joe Bonamassa ES335
Gibson 2013 Les Paul Standard Plus - Tea Burst
Gibson 2009 Songwriter - Acoustic

Tonyc wrote:

Bath?  I've been to Bath!  Ran the 105-mile Cotswold Way trail - from Chipping Campden to kiss the doors at Bath Abbey - in 23 1/2 hours.

I know, just like a Yank to move so fast he missed seeing the sites en route, right?! smile

kestrou

P.S. - My last name is Stroud - which makes me your long lost American Cousin! wink

I hope that you liked Bath. The furthest I have run is the Bath half marathon (twice) Stroud eh, that certainly appears to be a local name. The first ever 335 that I touched was at the Gibson demo at the Chicago Blues Festival in 2009. It wasn't a patch on the JB335. and, speaking of the U.S. The last guitar that I bought prior to the 335 was a Marting after taking ther factory tour. Well worth it if you get the opportunity.

kestrou wrote:
Tonyc wrote:

Bath?  I've been to Bath!  Ran the 105-mile Cotswold Way trail - from Chipping Campden to kiss the doors at Bath Abbey - in 23 1/2 hours.

I know, just like a Yank to move so fast he missed seeing the sites en route, right?! smile

kestrou

P.S. - My last name is Stroud - which makes me your long lost American Cousin! wink

Tonyc wrote:

Congrats on the newest addition....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Checked some online dealers sites and most everyone is out of stock with these but some say "expecting more" in February. Just find it odd that people are saying different things regarding how many are or were to be made. I personally find that irritating but as far as the guitars, they can make all they want. These are great guitars. Just be nice to get a straight story on the production if in fact they are to be limited or perhaps that's just a marketing tool to get people to pounce on them.

JB~72 wrote:
l@ry wrote:
JB~72 wrote:

Hi all,
I'm very happy with my new ES 335 JB #168. I've just received it from my wife as a present for my 40 years old birthday. It's a fantastic guitar that plays like a dream. Just a friendly advice, run and buy one of them before they're sold out.
I wish to all of you a happy new year 2013.

Ho c'est trop drôle moi aussi j'ai eu ma ES335 JB pour mes 40 ans cette année!!!! bon anniversaire JB~72
Et bonne année 2013 a tous.

Excellent ! C'est drôle les hasards de la vie... Cette guitare est vraiment fabuleuse. Nos guitares n'ont que deux numéros de série d'écart. D'où provient la tienne ?

Elle vient de chez leadguitars a Paris. Tiens Joe sera a Paris le 1ier Avril

Hi,

I've got the 321 number
Dino T.,
Paris
France

great guitar

t_dino wrote:

Hi,

I've got the 321 number
Dino T.,
Paris
France

great guitar

Congrats on your New Es-335 !

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

t_dino wrote:

Hi,

I've got the 321 number
Dino T.,
Paris
France

great guitar

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#178 added, Les Paul Forum member Andy from the U.K.

#314 Added, this apparently belongs to Joe
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showp … stcount=25

Jim

jclark42796 wrote:

If you want to share your serial number, I'll add you to the registry list found on the first page of this thread.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I picked up #86 at the Guitar Center in Denver, Colorado March 5th 2013. I am a resident of Parker Colorado.

Amazing guitar.

MH

michaelchawn wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

If you want to share your serial number, I'll add you to the registry list found on the first page of this thread.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I picked up #86 at the Guitar Center in Denver, Colorado March 5th 2013. I am a resident of Parker Colorado.

Amazing guitar.

MH

Welcome to the forum Michael and happy NGD!  Hope you're enjoying it.  Come back and visit us.

Jim

#110 now lives in Charlotte, NC!

GuitarMikey wrote:

#110 now lives in Charlotte, NC!

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Jim