Re: Eric Steckel's European/American Tour...

I'll be at  Der Schwarzer Adler for sure.
If all goes well Eric can be the next for the Blues In The schools at my school after Joe himself, Michael Burks, Marcel scherpenzeel (Band of Friends, Wolfpin) and Ryan McGarvey. May be Eric and Ryan together.

20 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-08-24 05:35:43)

Had word from local club in the N.East (not Hartlepool, but close..) that they have Eric provisionally booked for January; just finalising details. Anyone else in the UK heard anything in the wind? Might be an idea to give your local a nudge and see if a few dates can be put together. Think that's why Eric & Ryan didn't get over back in May, only one venue confirmed a booking.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Just booked 2 tickets for a gig in Jan 2013 at Sedgefield Rock and Blues Club. Should be a great night.

The following message is from Eric on Facebook, a great story...

'I apologize in advance for posting a long status, but I feel I have to share this story with everyone. Last night in between sets at The Stanhope House, a woman came up to me to buy a CD and told me that she had just lost her teenage daughter a few weeks ago. My show last night was the first time she had left the house since it happened. She continued to tell me that, although times are incredibly
tough for her and her family, coming out to my show lifted her spirits and helped her emotionally cope with what happened. A few months ago I decided to make playing music my full-time livelihood, and even though we don't make a ton of money in this business, not many other jobs can you truly affect people's lives in this way. I'm grateful for this unique gift I have and can share with everyone and make them happy in some way. Not only that, but Jon Klein, the owner of the Stanhope was so enthralled with our performance, that he is trying to connect us with a legendary music executive/adviser to put together a national tour. THAT, my friends is why you give 100% every night, because you never know who's out there in the crowd.'

Dave82775 wrote:

Just booked 2 tickets for a gig in Jan 2013 at Sedgefield Rock and Blues Club. Should be a great night.

Support from the evening has been confirmed as Krissy Matthews, doing an acoustic, solo set.

Will be a great evening those two
Walter from Belgium

25 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-10-10 09:42:47)

Couple of European dates sneaking out for Eric in early 2013:-

Sat Jan 12 2013   Cafe ‘T Vermaeck Rijen, NL
Mon Jan 14 2013   Talbahnhof Blues Night Eschweiler, DE

Mike

BansheeUK wrote:

Mike

And before there are some shows announced in November:

Nov 22 - Bluescafe, Apeldoorn, NL
Nov 23 - Schwarzer Adler, Rheinberg, DE
Nov 24 - Cafe De Weegbrug - Roermond, NL
Nov 25 - Cafe Gompelhof, Mol, B, Sunday Blues Festival: Tiny Legs Tim, Robert Smith Bluesband, Philippe Ménard, Eric Steckel, Henrik Freischlader  (My ticket is ordered. What about yours, Walter????)

Wonder whether there will be announced some more shows in November. That are not so many gigs for a trip to Europe!

Blues Sissi wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Mike

And before there are some shows announced in November:

Nov 22 - Bluescafe, Apeldoorn, NL
Nov 23 - Schwarzer Adler, Rheinberg, DE
Nov 24 - Cafe De Weegbrug - Roermond, NL
Nov 25 - Cafe Gompelhof, Mol, B, Sunday Blues Festival: Tiny Legs Tim, Robert Smith Bluesband, Philippe Ménard, Eric Steckel, Henrik Freischlader  (My ticket is ordered. What about yours, Walter????)

Wonder whether there will be announced some more shows in November. That are not so many gigs for a trip to Europe!

Might be giving you guys the first taste of the new album - Dismantle The Sun - should be out at the end of October....

Hello Eva,My ticket is also ordered.see you there.And yes he said to me that he will bring his new cd with him.
Walter from Belgium

Eric posted this on Facebook in regards to his pending release of "Dismantle the Sun", which includes a beautiful homage to the late Michael Burks, Empty promises.

This is a VERY special post for me. I truly believe these are the best 10 songs I've recorded in my career and the experience we had making them was one of the best times of my life. What you will hear when you click "Play" is a whole lot of sweat, emotion, money, good times, bad times, fun times, hard times, feeling, power, finesse, beauty, grace and above all: BLUES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … LMBuj-s5j4      Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Eric posted this on Facebook in regards to his pending release of "Dismantle the Sun", which includes a beautiful homage to the late Michael Burks, Empty promises.

This is a VERY special post for me. I truly believe these are the best 10 songs I've recorded in my career and the experience we had making them was one of the best times of my life. What you will hear when you click "Play" is a whole lot of sweat, emotion, money, good times, bad times, fun times, hard times, feeling, power, finesse, beauty, grace and above all: BLUES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … LMBuj-s5j4      Cathy

It really is a wonderful homage to Michael Burks! I urge any of you who got turned on to Michael here to listen to Eric's version - and to support this fine young artist. Here's the brand new 'trailer' for his brand new cd, which I will be getting hold of when I see Eric play for the first time not far away on Nov. 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT5BVOo8_Yw

Incidentally, Eva and others - the Nov. 22 show is NOT as posted above in the list, it is at the Victorie in Alkmaar.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Heard through the grapevine that Eric's promoter in the UK has a few more gigs lined-up to be announced provided that the Sedgefield gig sells well.

Think its time to knock on a few venue doors and get some interest going.

November 23 in Der Schwarzwer Adler in Rheinberg Germany.

Eric deserve it Andre.He's a great guitarplayer and he has a few good cd's. I was wondering why that he had only a few gigs during the next month.
Walter from Belgium

He has the wrong promoter I think, they took him away from Bluesmoose (very sneeky). Eric asked me to find a new promoter for him, I arranged Bluesmoose for him and he was very glad with them. Told me; Best move I ever made........and 5 months later he makes arrangements with Amsterdam Music promotions who promised him everything.. Don't get that. Bluesmoose did all the work and then Amsterdam Music Promotions came and took Eric away. They  tried that before with Ryan McGarvey. Don't like that at all. Eric is a great and nice person but those promoters..........Ask Virgil and The Accelerators about them...........Feel sorry for Eric....

Its no secret what I think them Andre..........

See Eric's date for All Saints Room, Cockermouth has ben cancelled

Beaverwood & Boom Boom unchanged.