Topic: Completely gobsmacked again

Ok, I just have to say this.

I have about  a 45 minute commute to work so I listen to a lot of Joe every day. Today I'm listening to Blues Deluxe as I pull into the parking garage. I must have heard this song, oh, about 1.5 bazillion times and yet I just HAD to wait to get out of the car because Joe is in the middle of that searing guitar solo. I'm just astounded once again that anything could be that incredibly good and keep thrilling me down to my toes.

So here's what I have to say....

JOE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! smile smile smile big_smile

It's gonna be a good day.

I'm just saying.

2 (edited by Fretwork 2007-04-20 09:46:11)

Re: Completely gobsmacked again

I remember a similar thread about this topic.  Boy do I know what you mean!  I've been late for work already, 'cause I just have to finish listening to Joe solo.  Especially Blues Deluxe---that song should come with a warning!  Actually all of Joe's CDs should come with a warning about how listening and driving could be hazardous to yourself and other drivers.  About two years ago, on my way home from work while listening to Joe I got pulled over for speeding, my first time ever!  I believe I was clocked at 78 in a 65--which I didn't think was too bad (the trooper seemed to think it was though).  I wanted so badly to tell him that it wasn't my fault that I was listening to Joe and I just kind of "zoned", but I just kept quiet and accepted the almost $300 ticket.  So much for my clean driving record.  Anyway, now I always set my cruise when listening to Joe.  Thankfully, at night when I drive home there aren't that many people on the road.

Anyone have any similar incidents?  Oh, I've also missed my exit while listening to Joe.

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Hi ,i can only say guys were not alone, i was on my way to pick my brother up from work ,and blasting out you and me  on the stereo, when someone started beeping and shouting at me, i got so carried away with singing and doing air guitar while driving(not a good idea i know )I must of been sat at the lights for about five mins on green,I was totally lost in the moment ,oh well i was happy ,not to sure about the convoy behind though smile

I know I've written on the board a couple of times how the first time i ever listened to Blues Deluxe, I was driving in my car and at 3:59 into the song, he hits that wailing high note... yeah. I ended up on the shoulder of the road, thank God no one was in the way and no one got hurt. So what did I do? I rewound taht sucker and played t again smile

And in the driveway when I got home, it was If Heartaches Were Nickels.

So beautiful, so heartbreaking...

I'm just saying.

Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Ok, I just have to say this.

I have about  a 45 minute commute to work so I listen to a lot of Joe every day. Today I'm listening to Blues Deluxe as I pull into the parking garage. I must have heard this song, oh, about 1.5 bazillion times and yet I just HAD to wait to get out of the car because Joe is in the middle of that searing guitar solo. I'm just astounded once again that anything could be that incredibly good and keep thrilling me down to my toes.

So here's what I have to say....

JOE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! smile smile smile big_smile

It's gonna be a good day.

Yeah I know that feeling the first time I played it. SCORCHING! comes to mind. But I can't tell Joe I love him, I get enough razzin being born in S.F.

Shred

P.S. go barefoot more often, your toes will love you!

The day I got ANDY Live I was late for an appointment because I had to hear out the whole cd . A little over half of it was drive time the rest was I dont care I have to hear this time. The opening intro gave me goose bumps down my spine.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky