Re: Restore #1kyfan - and her posts - petition

Welcome back Lizzee!! Just in time, I was starting to get really hungry, lol.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

just out of curiosity why does it matter so much "to restore her post count"?

i agree that it sucks to have your username erased and all that.  but i'm surprised about all the post count comments. 

i'm on multiple message boards and have extremely large post counts on some boards and smaller post counts on other boards but I rarely, if ever, really pay attention to it.

i would be much more concerned over losing my username than anything else.

and in her case it really sucks because i'm right down the road from her and a fellor CATS fan as well!!!!

masque wrote:

Because it matters to her.  Not everyone cares about post counts, but for those who do it isn't much fun to see the counter reset to zero after several years of making contributions...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

OK, so here's a really wild guess as to how this may have happened..(really wild...)

Perhaps during some type of database maintenance, the fact that Liz had a "#" sign at the front of her name caused the program to delete her and her posts.  Are there any other members that have a "#" sign as part of their name, and did this happen to them as well?

Coach305 wrote:
masque wrote:

Because it matters to her.  Not everyone cares about post counts, but for those who do it isn't much fun to see the counter reset to zero after several years of making contributions...

then why cant the web master just simply go into her new account and run the counter up to whatever she feels it was before this happened?

masque wrote:
Coach305 wrote:
masque wrote:

then why cant the web master just simply go into her new account and run the counter up to whatever she feels it was before this happened?

One wonders... She was more than half way to Bonametal with near 600 posts.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

then we should go ahead and celebrate her Bonametal status at around 400 new posts, cause she lost some others on the second attempt. I think we can remember to do that, just keep George in the loop.
Welcome back Liz, you may very well be the #1 JB fan to go through all that and still want to stick around. I probably would have said adios.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

masque wrote:
Coach305 wrote:
masque wrote:

I'm not familiar with this particular software (PunBB), but with other software I have worked with as a moderator/administrator, sometimes the seemingly simplest things turn out to be huge hairballs (often because the original coder of the software didn't think a particular feature/function was a big enough deal to spend much time on it)...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
masque wrote:
Coach305 wrote:

I'm not familiar with this particular software (PunBB), but with other software I have worked with as a moderator/administrator, sometimes the seemingly simplest things turn out to be huge hairballs (often because the original coder of the software didn't think a particular feature/function was a big enough deal to spend much time on it)...

i understand......i dont know much about the software.....i did have a friend that had a message board similar to this one and he had a "private" section for members with over 100 posts or some number similar to that.....i didnt post much but he wanted me to be able to access the section so he ran my post number up to over 100 or whatever it took and boom that was it.

Welcome home Liz wink  So you decided to resume your identity instead of inventing a new one, which I might have done. lol  I'd gladly donate posts too, but I think you have earned Bonametal after all the trauma. wink     Cathy

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back. I had forgotten to mention previously that when I responded to Nick's last email I had asked could my post count be restored? The night it happened I was somewhere between 450-460. Not sure how many I had made the 2nd time I'm sure less than 10.

Masque so good to see a fellow Kentuckian here cool There are different levels of post count, not sure what the count is for each level. When I 1st registered I remember asking in a post in introductions "what did it mean silver, gold, platinum etc." It was explained these change with post count, the highest being Bonametal with 1000 posts. I think platinum is 100 so it's a long way to bonametal from there. Not the 1st time I've lost posts. Only about a month or so being here when RAH 1st aired on Palladia there was a crash and when everything came back up everyone had lost a few days worth of posts. I didn't lose a lot but I remember I went from "member" to "new member", so few then not a big deal and everyone had the same problem.

I appreciate the suggestions to give me Bonametal for my trouble however I would like to earn it like all the rest of you have. Just how I am, so when I finally get there some day we'll all look back and say "remember when" smile

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

YAY!!!!!!! Post count restored cool BIG THANK YOU TO NICK!!!!!!

Great stuff Liz, I was sure that the post count could be adjusted because I know that Nick has done this before. Just out of curiosity, did you get any sort of explanation about what might have caused your issue in the first place?

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Lizzee wrote:

YAY!!!!!!! Post count restored cool BIG THANK YOU TO NICK!!!!!!

Good to see Lizzee, although, i thought you were nearer Bonametal status!

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Well congrats to you "Thin Lizzee".....sorry coudn't help myself.....years back I used to post all the "Bonametal" achievers, it was a reallly big deal to me, I had never ever been on a computer....maybe someone could find that old topic (or Not) and give us a count.....best of luck and good fortune to you Lizzee smile

Shreddy...."Bonametalist class of 2007??"

Amsterhammer wrote:

Great stuff Liz, I was sure that the post count could be adjusted because I know that Nick has done this before. Just out of curiosity, did you get any sort of explanation about what might have caused your issue in the first place?

Thanks AH my apologies I had meant to add this previously! I was just so excited to see triple digits lol Nick did say he was still working on it. Please forgive my transalation if I misunderstood and I am recalling from memory  the email not quoting, also I am assuming this is about the 2nd event, he thought it might be a host problem 2 servers run and they mimic each other, so when I used same user name it didn't mimic?

Shreddy please feel free to add the word "Thin" in front of my name any time!! I was at one time "thin" and hopefully some day I will be again smile I would love to see the Bonametal thread maybe someone could find it? (hint hint wink smile Jane) several have made it since I've been here that could be added to the thread.

Lizzee Bonametal Class of ???????

Since the objective stated in the title of this topic has been achieved, it now fits the description 'Old', and can happily go rest on a shelf in the basement. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith