Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

Nihon Jim wrote:

Just played one at a local GC.

She was a gorgeous guitar and sounded wonderful.

However, too pricey for me, especially considering I already own a '96 and a '98 335.

That said. If I start saving my pennies now, perhaps by Christmas...

Which GC?  Seven Corners?  I got mine at Fairfax.

Dang it, NJ - I preordered and am hopping foot to foot to have it in less than two weeks for a M&G, and you're walking in seeing it on the rack?!

Color me "not happy" that GC's order fulfillment isn't working very smoothly...

My local Chicagoland store is closed this late on a Sunday - I'm calling one on the west coast just to see what they can do...

kestrou

kestrou wrote:

Dang it, NJ - I preordered and am hopping foot to foot to have it in less than two weeks for a M&G, and you're walking in seeing it on the rack?!

Color me "not happy" that GC's order fulfillment isn't working very smoothly...

My local Chicagoland store is closed this late on a Sunday - I'm calling one on the west coast just to see what they can do...

kestrou

Nice to see that I'm not the only one pissed off about it. I'm pretty sure I was one of the first 5 to order one...

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Jimmy,

Well, buddy - do you want the good news or the bad news?

The bad news is that GC's order fulfillment does *indeed* seem to be, politely put, "less than efficient" - because I've just located four of them hanging on the rack!

Side story: I don't really care, but the "limited to 50" story is sounding dubious to me...

The good news is that I can order one TONIGHT and it'll ship out to me tomorrow and I can have it in hand as soon as Tuesday if I don't mind paying overnight shipping (which I don't) - and you can too!

My plan is to call "my" GC (which is Aurora, Illinois - suburb of Chicago) first thing in the morning and politely ask them what the deal is.  I'm happy to help them make their store quota - but not if that means delaying delivery until past May 5th...

So, hell or high water (or should that be "High Water Everywhere"? smile ) - I'll have one in hand by the end of the week - and my story will end happily!

Sincerely, best of luck to you too - and know that if you call the customer service number at GuitarCenter.com they can tell you where they're currently in stock and ready to ship from - and there *are* some on the east coast.

kestrou

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to check this out tomorrow. I'm irritated that these are on racks because I've never considered rack guitars as "new" since multiple people have already picked them up, played, scratched, and dinged them up.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

114 (edited by Chuck 2012-04-23 04:04:28)

Jimmy wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to check this out tomorrow. I'm irritated that these are on racks because I've never considered rack guitars as "new" since multiple people have already picked them up, played, scratched, and dinged them up.

I'm with Jimmy!  I don't want one that's been hanging around on a rack with everyone's hands on it, at least not without me being able to inspect it first.

As with Kestrou, I'm not happy with getting mine after some of the stores. I want it by May 5th but would rather wait for one new out of the box.

With all of the different companies offering this guitar, there is no way that there will only be 50.

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Ok...confused here....how is it that some G/C's have them and others do not......what's up with that ?

Joe  do you know how many of these will be made...........Does anyone have the correct answer ???

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

116 (edited by kestrou 2012-04-23 07:59:28)

airportdon wrote:

Ok...confused here....how is it that some G/C's have them and others do not......what's up with that ?

I suspect simple incompetence at GC in their order fulfillment process! This is the kind of scenario which sets up a pre-order not being met though, and that would be a crying shame that would have been easily avoided...

airportdon wrote:

Joe  do you know how many of these will be made...........Does anyone have the correct answer ???

Meh... who cares - I only want one! smile

kestrou

117 (edited by Chuck 2012-04-23 08:04:51)

airportdon wrote:

I just got off the phone with Guitar Center. It appears that the stores that have them, ordered theirs in the earlier part of March. They are the stores that wanted them in the Store for Demos in advance of the release.

I ordered mine through my store in Greenwood, Indiana and the people I talked to at GC said that he can't do it but the store could probably grab one of the 5 that are showing as "Available" and have it shipped to the store for the cost of shipping. The stores don't have the shipping flexibility that the GC warehouse has so that's the difference.

As of 8:30 am EST, they were showing 5 available out west in California.

The representative at Guitar Center also told me that they have a shipment of 12 due in on or before May 1st. They have 7 that are spoken for and I'm one of them. I will wait for mine and risk not having it for the May 5th show in Indy. I have my JBLP Studio that I play every day that I'll get Joe to sign if the 335 isn't in yet.

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't really want the demo 335 without me being able to inspect it first so I'll just have to wait and hope.

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Chuck,

Thanks for the details - that makes sense to me that some GC stores decided to order "for their racks" with the plans/hopes to sell them.

Kinda sucks (for us!) that customer orders aren't prioritized ahead of store stocking orders, though...

Searching at GC.com says there's one in Columbus, Ohio (closer to you than to me! smile ) - so after I talk to the store I ordered from (in Aurora, Illinois) I just might give them a buzz and make a drive - wanna road trip?  I love White Castles! lol lol lol

kestrou

Hey, I'm near Pittsburgh, so Columbus isn't but a couple hours away!

Chuck, how did you get GC to confirm you are one of the 7? I might assume that since I ordered before you did I am also in that group.

120 (edited by Chuck 2012-04-23 09:39:07)

TJNies wrote:

Chuck, how did you get GC to confirm you are one of the 7? I might assume that since I ordered before you did I am also in that group.

TJ, The Guitar Center Rep said that 7 of the 12 were spoken for (ie, paid for). I then asked him if that means me and he said yes. So I'm pretty sure you'd have to be one of the 7 along with Jimmy and Kestrou as well.

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

kestrou wrote:

Chuck,

Thanks for the details - that makes sense to me that some GC stores decided to order "for their racks" with the plans/hopes to sell them.

Kinda sucks (for us!) that customer orders aren't prioritized ahead of store stocking orders, though...

Searching at GC.com says there's one in Columbus, Ohio (closer to you than to me! smile ) - so after I talk to the store I ordered from (in Aurora, Illinois) I just might give them a buzz and make a drive - wanna road trip?  I love White Castles! lol lol lol

kestrou

No road trip for me! I'm headed to Muscatine, Iowa for the week! Thank's for the offer!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

TJNies wrote:

Dang - I gave it away - the race is on! smile

Chuck wrote:

No road trip for me! I'm headed to Muscatine, Iowa for the week! Thank's for the offer!

You taking I-74 west out of Indy?  Wave to the right as you hit the state line - and you're welcome to drop by.

kestrou

123 (edited by airportdon 2012-04-23 11:20:27)

Chuck wrote:
TJNies wrote:

TJ, The Guitar Center Rep said that 7 of the 12 were spoken for (ie, paid for). I then asked him if that means me and he said yes. So I'm pretty sure you'd have to be one of the 7 along with Jimmy and Kestrou as well.

Thx for the info.....May as well wait it out & see...I'd rather have a new one that a shipped one from another store..p/s the one in Columbus is gone !!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Heared about the Bonamassa 335 last week went to Guitar Center Sunday and they had 2.Number 4 and number 5, 4 sold and I got 5.San Francisco has number 6.Man what a bitchen guitar great neck and pick ups are on ten.Besides the look is Smokin! Joe, Guitar Center and Gibson did it right.Thanks

125 (edited by TJNies 2012-04-23 12:08:32)

Just got back from GC; had the sales mgr call to see what was up with my order, whether I'd be among the May 1 shipment.

I AM!!!

I am beyond psyched since I already sold my Epi 335 to help fund this purchase.

If Joe hasn't seen one of these in person before the May 12 show I'll have to take mine down.

super400 wrote:

Heared about the Bonamassa 335 last week went to Guitar Center Sunday and they had 2.Number 4 and number 5, 4 sold and I got 5.San Francisco has number 6.Man what a bitchen guitar great neck and pick ups are on ten.Besides the look is Smokin! Joe, Guitar Center and Gibson did it right.Thanks

You're fueling my jealousy and frustration! smile

Seriously, good on ya!!!

kestrou