Re: Review of Brighton show, 23rd March

...i just thought the irony in the Urban Dictionary definition hilarious! ...this person subconsciously picked the perfect user name for himself! ...at least we can take some pleasure of knowing we made him totally conscious of what a naïve,banal, innocuous, plain dumb,amusing happily retarded Dork he really is! LOL!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

38 (edited by Chrisuk 2012-03-30 12:37:04)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Can I get my 30 pounds back.....  Answer.. sure..  tell me where to send it..  Its in the post..  and please don't come back..   Call me anything but lazy..  I have an agenda says What??   
Joe B

I was in row three for the (2hr 20min) gig and met Joe briefly at the VIP exit after the show, had a set list signed and watched Joe spend quite a lot of time making sure everybody there got seen.

I also saw the BCC communion show at Manchester last summer.

Everyone has their own taste (not sure why you go to a show for a big artist without knowing you like their work though) but the lazy comment was just beyond the pale.

Thanks again Joe for the obvious hard work you put in - I honestly don't think anyone takes the same care with their fans.

I really don't have a problem with those who don't like my taste in music - if people don't like Joe then that's their problem, they are welcome to their taste & that's all well and good. I even enjoy a good discussion on the merits of artists that I like - different opinions are welcome!

However, this 'fruity' bloke just appears to be a wind-up merchant, or 'troll' of some kind. These troll types do seem to be attracted to fan forums. It reminds me a bit of school days - those poor souls who can't quite get on with the other kids and so take to trying to wind them up. We come on here and talk about Joe because we admire him for any number of reasons - great guitarist, great singer, great guitarist, great guy, etc. And so this 'troll' gets their '20 posts of fame' (or whatever) by trying to get a reaction. If that's what makes you feel good, it's a wee bit sad!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Can I get my 30 pounds back.....  Answer.. sure..  tell me where to send it..  Its in the post..  and please don't come back..   Call me anything but lazy..  I have an agenda says What??   
Joe B

Yes, and call your band anything but 'second-rate musicians'
Loving it Joe, keep it going!! See you in Birmingham tonight.

fruity wrote:

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I was at the same gig as the rest of you lot !! I was tempted to see Joe in response to the supposed crtitcal acclaim heaped on him in the British music press, and to put it quite mildly, I was extremely disappointed. Having seen the likes of Beck, Clapton, Santana, Townsend, Gilmour, etc over the last 30 years of going to gigs I was expecting something quite spectacular, but oh my god, did I get a shock. How one dimensional and lazy (brother in law's description) was he, and as for the rest of the band, well, I am not sure where he got this lot of second rate musicians from, but he should send them back, as an 18 year old could do a better job. Call that a drum solo ?? If Joe is playing with the likes of Jason Bonham and Glenn Hughes, then why in god's name is he putting up with this bunch of saddo's ?? They certainly are not stretching his limited talents. I had to walk out on Friday as he promptly ruined The Who number and resort to absolution with a pint of Dark Star. Can I get my £30 back ??

tongue I confess it's me, ^this phoney poster ^, just to see if I could get you all riled up, making sure things were in tune about those out of tune...you all made me proud! tongue

What's the exchange rate for £30 to USD? wink

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Really?

I hope Joe thinks it's funny.

Chrisuk wrote:

Really?

I think you need to bear in mind on what day Rocket made this 'confession'  wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I think its time to close the discussion..  If this cat thinks Im lazy..    He should go see the brilliant Derek Trucks.       Im like Bruce Dickinson compared to him on stage.  As brilliant as he is he doesn't jump around half as much as I do...  If thats the new bench mark and criteria for a blues rock gig..  then I call bull---t..
Joe B

Amsterhammer wrote:
Chrisuk wrote:

Really?

I think you need to bear in mind on what day Rocket made this 'confession'  wink

Oh dear...

Right people, you've seen the boss's comment just above here. To leave room for any further genuine input about the Brighton show, I'm not going to lock this, but take it off the 'main menu', as it were, and kind of push it to the back of the fridge down in Old.

Please do not further quote or respond to the wind-up post, or we will have to lock.

Thanks.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

George fingered me out!  Sorry Joe, I know you know I wouldn't be such a fool to ever disparage you, even as a joke, but I couldn't resist an April Fool's on the pitiful fool foolish enough to try to faze the Faithful with a bunch of numbskull bs...

Close the door, George or Jim.  Again sorry Joe, I had to pipe in (late) because this is the perfect place to once again say to you:

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!
Much Sincerity,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

i really didn't find it funny and if i was joe id fu.. g be pissed off!! joke or not!! or have i missed the point?

I saw 'fruity' on the board today - still only the 1 post !

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

50 (edited by Rocket 2012-04-02 15:56:21)

stevebonamassive wrote:

i really didn't find it funny and if i was joe id fu.. g be pissed off!! joke or not!! or have i missed the point?

You made your point.  The reason this topic got moved was because of the bs original, which Joe & I both smelled from a mile and an extra 1.6 km away... Probably over half who respond differing also did...no REAL reply came back from the person, so an obvious agenda whatever the hell (and it is hellish) that agenda was / is existed / exists.  Just gotta say WHY?  WHY?!...has been a question I have had to not only face with hurt, make that hurts, but I think it hurts Joe when he reads the original type of these kinds...WHY?! Why would it not???  NO matter how much we step into a protective fray stance, the smack is still there for Joe, and Joe alone to deal with.  Admin EU takes appropriate step, I assess it is a time to be "fruity" (I WAS NOT, THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT AND NO ONE, ESPECIALLY JOE HIMSELF WOULD BELIEVE ME, I WOULD NEVER IN 10,000 geologic periods say Joe L. Bonamssa's middle name is lazy, that is just crazy.) as a fool can be on APRIL FOOL's DAY and use my own foolishness to return everyone from a wtf? mindset (including myself) to actually do what I always do-Encourage Joe!  Like this:

Joe, We Know And Love You,  You Know We've GOT to Rock ON & Breathe in, Breathe out, Always Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Why do any of you even bother to respond to fruity's sort of putrefying tripe?

Number 1:  It should die of neglect.  Step over it & carry on.  This is so transparent.
Number 2:  Really?  MuchJoe doesn't even need defending from such obvious rectal offerings.

I got some stupid and mean spirited comment on one of my YouTube vids yesterday.  There it will sit, all alone.  poor lil wanker.

NoLove?
bjj

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

fruity wrote:

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I was at the same gig as the rest of you lot !! I was tempted to see Joe in response to the supposed crtitcal acclaim heaped on him in the British music press, and to put it quite mildly, I was extremely disappointed. Having seen the likes of Beck, Clapton, Santana, Townsend, Gilmour, etc over the last 30 years of going to gigs I was expecting something quite spectacular, but oh my god, did I get a shock. How one dimensional and lazy (brother in law's description) was he, and as for the rest of the band, well, I am not sure where he got this lot of second rate musicians from, but he should send them back, as an 18 year old could do a better job. Call that a drum solo ?? If Joe is playing with the likes of Jason Bonham and Glenn Hughes, then why in god's name is he putting up with this bunch of saddo's ?? They certainly are not stretching his limited talents. I had to walk out on Friday as he promptly ruined The Who number and resort to absolution with a pint of Dark Star. Can I get my £30 back ??

i wouldn't rise to this guy, as he's just looking for attention! who simply has not got a clue, poor chap smile

RickB wrote:

Wow! All that and more. Thanks so much for feeding my need just a little bit. I'm grinning widely for a dear friend who is over there for these gigs. May can't come soon enough for me. Great reports all.
Rick

Hey Rick, my dear friend, so sorry I wasn't really able to get online while over in the UK ... very spotty wifi at my hotel.  Believe me, though, I was having a wonderful time, including the Brighton gig, sitting between Michael and Kenny (from Scotland) and behind Wooders and Kathryn, David across the aisle throwing popcorn.

Hilight of the show for me was Blues Deluxe, Joe's slowed down version was to die for.  New version of Bird on a Wire was also very cool.  Have to say we rocked the house to Just Got Paid, it was a livewire performance and none of us could be still or in our seats.

All conspired to make this an evening to remember for one southern belle from this forum!  Michael grabbed a setlist for me immediately after the show.  Roger led me to the right back exit to wait for Joe and helped keep me warm while waiting to get the setlist signed by all 4 gentlemen of the band!  I was lucky enough to be part of the very small group to visit with Joe and the guys in the inner sanctum after that, witnessed Pete calling Carmine Rick (or vice versa?).  Then there was the lovely ride back to London in the mysterious black taxi driven by none other ... all the while singing harmony with Maggie and Tricia on various old southern gospel/blues numbers that they sing in their choir!  cool

Sandy

I know a place ....

Hi kids, fruity’s back,
Sorry if you have missed me, but I had other things to do. Anyway, nice to see you have all been busy keeping each other amused on the forum.
A bit lame looking through a dictionary for the definition of “fruity”. There are some long words with more than two syllables coming up so Pete’s dictionary is going to be well worn.
FYI, the reason I went onto the forum was that I was searching for a review of the gig and found yours (bad luck). The first review was so strewn with well worn adjectives for a lacklustre gig, that I felt compelled to respond, and what entertainment it has provided.
I was always under the impression that a forum was an area for informed and challenging debate, not blowing smoke up your “hero’s” proverbial. I have learnt through my varied musical history, that your heroes will always come to disappoint you, at which point, move on. I would also be very worried with the promise of 4 albums in a year, surely 1 excellent album outweighs the possibility of 4 mediocre ones. Who knows, maybe Joe will prove history wrong, but I very much doubt it.
I was hoping, an error with hindsight, that by stating what I considered to be exceptional guitar talent (missed off Gibbons and Cray) that I have had the great pleasure of seeing in the past, my opinions would not be discounted so out of hand, but apparently JB fans are somewhat blinkered. I would certainly never, ever put Angus Young in this category (boring when I saw them and have not improved with time) !
Despite the few intelligent, but mostly discountable comments, the one I took exception to was the “ear buds out” remark. Not sure how you arrived at this ? Over the last 30 years or so, I have been witness to most musical styles, through jazz, punk, heavy metal/ rock, indie, electronic, reggae, industrial, dance and rock n roll ( I may have missed out some but unlikely), so I would consider my musical exposure to be more varied than most of the forum members. This year, apart from Joe, I have seen the Sleigh Bells (so so) and the Turn Brakes (excellent). Already got my tickets for The Great Escape Festival, Elvis Costello and Public Image Ltd (past their sell by dates but should be entertaining). Got to get my ticket this weekend for the Latitude Festival .
Joe, thanks for your “generous offer” of refunding my ticket price but, if you were serious, give the money to a charity of your choice.
That’s all folks, signing off !!