Re: Review of Brighton show, 23rd March

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I was at the same gig as the rest of you lot !! I was tempted to see Joe in response to the supposed crtitcal acclaim heaped on him in the British music press, and to put it quite mildly, I was extremely disappointed. Having seen the likes of Beck, Clapton, Santana, Townsend, Gilmour, etc over the last 30 years of going to gigs I was expecting something quite spectacular, but oh my god, did I get a shock. How one dimensional and lazy (brother in law's description) was he, and as for the rest of the band, well, I am not sure where he got this lot of second rate musicians from, but he should send them back, as an 18 year old could do a better job. Call that a drum solo ?? If Joe is playing with the likes of Jason Bonham and Glenn Hughes, then why in god's name is he putting up with this bunch of saddo's ?? They certainly are not stretching his limited talents. I had to walk out on Friday as he promptly ruined The Who number and resort to absolution with a pint of Dark Star. Can I get my £30 back ??

20 (edited by PSmith1946 2012-03-27 16:33:44)

No. Why bother to vent your spleen. If you don't like, don't listen. We all have our opinion, you are free to yours. Don't go again but I may ask, having been round a long time and hearing all the best from the late 60's did you buy too much beer, or have you some special axe to grind? Put up or shut up.  Seems a strange way to use a first and hopefully last post. If you really mean this post, where do you base your opinions because, you know I don't get it. If you don't like blues and blues rock why go? I personally would get my hearing checked. As a player myself I just can't see where or what you were listening to. The band are the best. There must be an ulterior motive although I'm sure what it's sad. Anyway.....Can't be bothered any further......

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Well, fruity. roll

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I suppose that by the law of averages there's bound to be someone like you for every 98,000 of us.

Calling Joe, "one dimensional and lazy", and his accomplished and widely respected band a "bunch of saddo's", suggests that you didn't learn a damn thing from your 30 years of going to shows. Quite frankly, all you've done is embarrass yourself.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Huh? Forgot to take the earbuds out and listening to some other band? Next time save your money and stay down at the local. I'm sure the band from around the corner will make you happier.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

fruity wrote:

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I was at the same gig as the rest of you lot !! I was tempted to see Joe in response to the supposed crtitcal acclaim heaped on him in the British music press, and to put it quite mildly, I was extremely disappointed. Having seen the likes of Beck, Clapton, Santana, Townsend, Gilmour, etc over the last 30 years of going to gigs I was expecting something quite spectacular, but oh my god, did I get a shock. How one dimensional and lazy (brother in law's description) was he, and as for the rest of the band, well, I am not sure where he got this lot of second rate musicians from, but he should send them back, as an 18 year old could do a better job. Call that a drum solo ?? If Joe is playing with the likes of Jason Bonham and Glenn Hughes, then why in god's name is he putting up with this bunch of saddo's ?? They certainly are not stretching his limited talents. I had to walk out on Friday as he promptly ruined The Who number and resort to absolution with a pint of Dark Star. Can I get my £30 back ??

man you are certainly entitled to your opion but wow.............not sure where you are coming from. Calling Joe lazy??? man he is always on the road working his **** off and playing the best blues rock on the planet. Suggest you find another forum for you are on your own

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

fruity...hmmmm... Your loss, really. I think it is beyond rude to sign-up just to piss on the parade. I have to question motives. I think you must be a BCC fan, which is fine. But, I've got more years of gigging than you and don't find any grounds for your insults. I'm happy to know we won't cross paths at a future show. Like Ron said, you're on your own.....

...definition of 'Fruity' from the Urban Dictionary!

1.     fruity   
a guy that is not always gay but could be; he may act in a flamboyant, bouncy, or feminine way
gunther, the fashion designer, acts very fruity
2.     fruity   
"Fruity" has a precise meaning, but is difficult to define. Loosely speaking, the word refers to something which is cheerfully and perkily saccharine, naïve, generic, corny, banal, innocuous, un-self-consciously dippy, sexually neutered (or, conversely, having perverse subtexts), or just plain dumb - and is amusing because of it. Dorkiness which doesn't even know that it's dorky, but celebrates its own dorkiness anyway: that which is flamboyantly and happily retarded. Closely synonymous with gay, in the not-necessarily-homosexual sense.

...just saying like! ...i'll chip in £1 ...29 others? hmm

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

I saw fruity's post yesterday, but held off until others had their say.

I don't think 'fruity' was serious, and if we never hear from Fruity again, that would reinforce it for me.  But hey, you never know!

Nothing to get your knickers in a twist for, imo

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Can I get my 30 pounds back.....  Answer.. sure..  tell me where to send it..  Its in the post..  and please don't come back..   Call me anything but lazy..  I have an agenda says What??   
Joe B

fruity you have just been put in the blender............wwwwwhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr

Right On Joe!

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

fruity you have just been put in the blender............wwwwwhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiirrrrr

LOL Patty! ...and Joe saved me a £1 too! ...things are on the way up at last! ...woo hoo!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Heh...I'm late to this 'party'...this 'tutti frutti' smacks of the same dirt trail left by an erstwhile NY reporter/so-called-reviewer last year....could this be the same guy in a different garb taking pot shots at Joe and the fans again?

Whaaat??? Joe?? Lazy??? And second rate musicians?? This guy is definitely smoking questionable goods, probably on a different planet I presume. While The Man has already spoken, as Pete says above.....let's chip in *more* than 30 pounds to keep this guy permanently away, lest other shows get 'fruitier'..... lol  lol

Please send us your postal address, so we can keep you 'postal'...;)))

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

One of my rules in business. The customer is NOT always right and sometimes you have to fire a customer so you never have to deal with them again.

How can you call someone like Joe "lazy"? What do you want, somersaults and backflips? The guy's standing there for 2 and a half hours, playing complex guitar parts and singing at the same time. He's scheduled to have a total of 4 albums out in the next 12 months, plus touring AND getting back in the studio for the next solo effort. He is most definitely NOT lazy.

As others have said, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but make it an educated, calculated one, and not one that can be shot down in flames as easily as it has.

Registering on a Joe Bonamassa forum and slagging him off is going to get you nowhere my friend. Joe doesn't need your support, as he has highlighted himself in this thread, so stick to the forums of the artists you do like, instead of the ones you don't.

18th October 2011 - Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

you know, we have seen some outrageous first posts but this takes the prize. Why even sign up if you didn't like it, just to be different or difficult? Joe has weathered some unjust criticism here and there and handled it well, but when you go off like this about the rest of the band, I'm ready to go postal on some #^%$#@&^&.
I'll go out on a limb and say if he didn't enjoy that concert then he won't like RAH or Beacon DVD's either. OK Joe, instead of being lazy you will now need to sprint back and forth across the stage ala Angus Young. This will get you recognized for sure, and that new hit "Running Toward the Daylight". lol
It boggles the mind.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

As someone I know would say "Bona bah"...

Knowing Joe for a "few" years, I would not say that he is lazy by any means. He is one hardworking dude...

Music is good for the Soul...

For £30 that is the show of a lifetime, you're doing everything right Joe, don't let the jealousy of others get to you, (it probably hasn't) the Bonamaniacs are behind you!!!!

36 (edited by KatClark 2012-03-29 20:13:01)

Sorry, but this guy just sounds like a shit-stirrer to me. What a sad sack to go through all the signup just to post something negative. His life must be awesome! I'll send him 30 pounds! Right from my A..  (OK, I'll stop now)