1,711 (edited by mikewing 2016-03-08 19:25:24)

Re: My Next Concert (s)

Konkman wrote:

I have a good run of shows coming up over the next month:

March 10: Tinsley Ellis
March 19: Simo
March 23: Brian Fallon ( Gaslight Anthem/Horrible Crowes)
March 26: King's X
April 6: Indigenous
April 22: Candlebox

I have seen all these artists live previously with the exception of Simo.  I am so pumped to finally get to see JD and the crew perform live and in an intimate venue as well.

I'll be at the Lost Lake Lounge as well on 3/19.  After watching these guys 3 times in 4 days on the cruise I'm more excited than ever.  As good as their albums are (especially the latest), Simo are that much better live.

I'll also be seeing Austin Young on 3/12 and 3/26 (Lakewood & Evergreen CO).

Mike

1,712 (edited by ohiodawg13 2016-03-12 03:33:50)

Been existing on a diet of local entertainment most of the winter, but have some bigger gigs lined up in the next month or so. April 8, Blackberry Smoke in Jackson, Ca. (gold country in the Sierra foothills). Blackberry Smoke again April 16, at the historic Fillmore in San Francisco. May 6, Marshall Tucker Band in Napa, Ca. Then can't wait for this one, May 17, Joe Walsh and Bad Co. in Concord, Ca. Hope to get tix on March 18 for San Francisco Fest at AT&T Park in Sept. feat. Journey, Santana, The Steve Miller Band, and The Doobie Bros. 4 bands that evolved out of the Bay Area, hands down the most fertile music area in the world!

C Ya @ A Show!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Been existing on a diet of local entertainment most of the winter, but have some bigger gigs lined up in the next month or so. April 8, Blackberry Smoke in Jackson, Ca. (gold country in the Sierra foothills). Blackberry Smoke again April 16, at the historic Fillmore in San Francisco. May 6, Marshall Tucker Band in Napa, Ca. Then can't wait for this one, May 17, Joe Walsh and Bad Co. in Concord, Ca. Hope to get tix on March 18 for San Francisco Fest at AT&T Park in Sept. feat. Journey, Santana, The Steve Miller Band, and The Doobie Bros. 4 bands that evolved out of the Bay Area, hands down the most fertile music area in the world!

C Ya @ A Show!

J Dawg

Check out Bay band Heron Oblivion. Its a psychedelic Fairport Convention. I love them.

13 days from another Y&T show. One of the best and most influential bands from the bay area. Dave Meniketti is one of the best singer/guitarists I've ever seen. I've known this band since the early 80's, and the present incarnation is as good as ever. Dave is Y&T, but he has assembled an especially talented band for their 4th decade of music together. This band deserves huge props for being as good as any of the bands that made it huge in the 80's doing hair metal, without the deserved rewards, but here they are, still Rockin' 40 years later. If ya like the Rock and Roll, go see these guys while they're still around.

Murfdog

murfdog wrote:

13 days from another Y&T show. One of the best and most influential bands from the bay area. Dave Meniketti is one of the best singer/guitarists I've ever seen. I've known this band since the early 80's, and the present incarnation is as good as ever. Dave is Y&T, but he has assembled an especially talented band for their 4th decade of music together. This band deserves huge props for being as good as any of the bands that made it huge in the 80's doing hair metal, without the deserved rewards, but here they are, still Rockin' 40 years later. If ya like the Rock and Roll, go see these guys while they're still around.

A friend of many years, Steph Burns has played in Y&T over the years when he hasn't been working in Italy with Vasco Rossi or Huey Lewis & The News here in the states. I think he did a stint with Y&T after leaving Alice Cooper not long after appearing in Waynes World.

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I met Steph once at the Mystic show in Petaluma...Steph was officially in Y&T for their last 3 or 4 discs before they disbanded around 2000...Now they are back together and John Nyman is their rhythm guitarist, but he also plays lead.

ohiodawg13 wrote:
murfdog wrote:

A friend of many years, Steph Burns has played in Y&T over the years when he hasn't been working in Italy with Vasco Rossi or Huey Lewis & The News here in the states. I think he did a stint with Y&T after leaving Alice Cooper not long after appearing in Waynes World.

Murfdog

Iron Maiden

Wednesday ...The Who 50th

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Von Hertzen Brothers in Manchester this coming Sunday

Joe B - This Sunday at the BIC in Bournemouth

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

Stevie Nimmo tonight in Shoreham.

David Gilmour Hollywood Bowl March 24.

Joe in Birmingham & Bournemouth this weekend.

I'm seeing two nights of the Experience Hendrix tour. I saw it two years ago and it was phenomenal.

The 23rd in Worcester and the 25th in Hampton. http://www.experiencehendrixtour.com

Wednesday 23 Mars The bluesBones - Spirit Of 66 Verviers
Sunday 27 mars Festival at Reuver 5NL) With Layla Zoe, Wille And The Bandits and Ten Years After

gymstreet wrote:

David Gilmour Hollywood Bowl March 24.

David Gilmour, Air Canada Center, Toronto, March 31.

Bucket list.  Check.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

1,727 (edited by kljgray 2016-03-31 21:00:40)

4/14/16 - Bruce Springsteen @ the Palace of Auburn Hills

5/24/16 - Joanne Shaw Taylor @ Callahan's Music Hall

6/22/16 - Bad Company @ Pine Knob (aka DTE Energy Theatre)

7/19/16 - Joe Bonamassa @ Red Rocks ! ! !

7/31/16 - Tedeschi Trucks Band @ Freedom Hill (practically in my backyard!)

2/6/17 - 2/10/17 KTBA @ Sea III - Norwegian Jade

Blues Sisters - Ruf Blues Caravan next Sunday at De Bosuil Weert (NL)