Re: My Next Concert (s)

My next gig was the Foo Fighters. . . Looks like I'm going to have a free night now. . .

In Nashville getting ready to head to The Rolling Stones show at LP Field! smile

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

1,551 (edited by airportdon 2015-06-18 06:29:52)

sally12333 wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Ginger Baker's Jazz Confusion....Sat 6-20

So Don, looks like you will be missing Beth Hart in Homestead this time?

Hi Sally....

I know I will be missing the show & hopefully Beth will be back around....but when can I see and hear Ginger Baker again?

It was a tough call....Ginger Baker, Beth Hart and the Stones all playing on the same night..
( I saw the Rolling stones last time here and Pearl jam blew them off the stage as the opener)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Next show for me is the Blues from the Top Festival in Winter Park, Colorado.  2 day festival.  June 27,28. Performers include:

Joe Louis Walker, Deanna Bogart, Chris Cain, Kirk Fletcher and Reese Wynans, Katy Guillen and the girls, Austin Young, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Danielle Nicole (former Trampled Under Foot), Eric Gales, Jarekus Singleton, Ashley Cleveland, Zac Harmon, and more.

Really looking forward to seeing Eric Gales, Joe Louis Walker, and Jarekus Singleton.  I have been a fan of all 3 for quite awhile but haven't seen any of those 3 live before.

Tremendous line-up in a beautiful setting.

Next Friday: June, 26 Ryan Mc Garvey at the Beavers in Miltenberg/ Germany ( 2nd time there!)

Wednesday 24 juin Kris Barras at the Bluesmoose café at Groesbeek

Laurence Jones tonight in Aberdeen

Not "my next gig", but a shameless promotion for a bash some friends are arranging up here near Durham.

June 27th....

Mainsforth Music Festival:-
Featuring
CONNIE LUSH BLUES & SHOUTER; SLACK ALICE; GEORGE SHOVLIN & GEORGE LAMB; RUSS TIPPINS; GARY GRAINGER; MIDNIGHT BLUE

Doors 1pm - Midnight (ish)    Entry£15

Mainsforth Community centre; High st, Ferryhill DL17 0AG

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

airportdon wrote:
sally12333 wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Ginger Baker's Jazz Confusion....Sat 6-20

Hi Sally....

I know I will be missing the show & hopefully Beth will be back around....but when can I see and hear Ginger Baker again?

It was a tough call....Ginger Baker, Beth Hart and the Stones all playing on the same night..
( I saw the Rolling stones last time here and Pearl jam blew them off the stage as the opener)

interesting comment, Don. On one hand that's like comparing apples and oranges. On the other hand, of course Pearl Jam blew them away. They're 25+ years younger and play grunge.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Stones tonight. I don't care how old they are or if they have to take a breather between songs (which used to bother me). The set list is awesome, I love their music and am glad to have the opportunity to see them one more time.

Now, if Joe was playing the same night, THAT would be a problem! LOL Although I'm pretty sure I'd be watching Joe.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:
airportdon wrote:
sally12333 wrote:

Hi Sally....

interesting comment, Don. On one hand that's like comparing apples and oranges. On the other hand, of course Pearl Jam blew them away. They're 25+ years younger and play grunge.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Stones tonight. I don't care how old they are or if they have to take a breather between songs (which used to bother me). The set list is awesome, I love their music and am glad to have the opportunity to see them one more time.

Now, if Joe was playing the same night, THAT would be a problem! LOL Although I'm pretty sure I'd be watching Joe.

Update....
Ginger's show was very good ..I have no regrets in going and was lucky to get Baker's Airforce and Airforce 2 signed...   
Stones had some mixed reviews...some good and some not so good...the sound was the issue for some.
Have fun let me know about the Stone's show & sound.....:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:
BarbieD wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Hi Sally....

Update....
Ginger's show was very good ..I have no regrets in going and was lucky to get Baker's Airforce and Airforce 2 signed...   
Stones had some mixed reviews...some good and some not so good...the sound was the issue for some.
Have fun let me know about the Stone's show & sound.....:)

Sound was an issue here for the Stones' opener. I heard it was much better at the private party they played for a gazillionaire at Belly Up the next day. His wife's birthday present. $2Million with a bunch to a charity they say! I hope the bar was hosted.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

AC/DC in Glasgow on Sunday

Northwoods Blues Fest Friday and Saturday. Devon Allman, Eric Gales , Marcia Ball and many more, should be a great weekend.

....not really live, but:
Grateful Dead - Fare Thee Well livestream at a movie theatre in Cologne....

Anyone else?

Hookrock Festival at Diepenbeek Belgium on 3 and 4 July

quicks wrote:

....not really live, but:
Grateful Dead - Fare Thee Well livestream at a movie theatre in Cologne....

Anyone else?

yes yes yes................but here in Nürnberg

The next Gary Hoey show at "Rams Head on Stage" Annapolis MD
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

1,566 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2015-07-06 06:43:49)

On a whim I went to the movie theater simulcast of the Grateful Dead's last "Fare The Well" show from Chicago last night.  Not the same as being there, but I had a good time and there were definitely some advantages.  No smoke, clean bathrooms, great sound, $18 ticket, and I was home within 30 minutes of it ending.  The crowd was small, but into it and the band played great.  I'm glad I went.  A bunch of my friends went to see the Dead in Chicago on their last tour before Jerry died, but I didn't get at ticket so I just hung out in the parking lot the whole show.  I have very few regrets in life, but not getting to see them at least once is one of them