Re: My Next Concert (s)

andre wittebroek wrote:

Grolsch Blues Festival Schoeppingen this Saturday and Sunday!!

YES. YES. YES.
And to start that great weekend, Ryan McGarvey on Friday @ Outbaix in Übach-Palenberg, a real nice location.

PAUL RODGERS on Thursday doing a charity event at a 500-capacity venue in Chichester...his only 2012 UK gig apparently.
Then Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Hammersmith Apollo on Sunday 3rd June.

That is my version of celebrating the Jubilee thing that seems to be happening next weekend!!

Then Brit Floyd at Milton Keynes Theatre on 10th June.

Heavens Basement in Aberdeen on Friday. They played High Voltage last year and I think Wooders claimed the set list!!

Kenny wrote:

Heavens Basement in Aberdeen on Friday. They played High Voltage last year and I think Wooders claimed the set list!!

Just had a wee listen to them, they sound pretty good. Might come into town for this one.

Phil X in a couple of weeks. Pretty much the most excited I've ever been for a gig.

Murray1903 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Just had a wee listen to them, they sound pretty good. Might come into town for this one.

They were Roadstar previously and before that Hurricane Party.

Kenny wrote:
Murray1903 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

They were Roadstar previously and before that Hurricane Party.

I saw Hurricane Party at Moshulu with The Black Velvets & The Glitterari, I didn't know it was the same band.
They sound different from what I remember although it's been a while.

Different singer Murray, and a 4 piece instead of 5.

Paul Rodgers and Deborah Bonham in Chichester on thursday,
Hebden Bridge Blues Festival fri - sun
Bernie Marsden/Cherry Lee Mewis, Tingewick  Bucks on monday

My next concert is Oli Brown now saturday 2 juni 2012 at Wespelaar.

Last two concerts of Ryan:

Friday 1 June: Ryan McGarvey @ Schwarzer Adler in Rheinberg
Saturday 2 June: Ryan McGarvey @ Highlands Festival in Amersfoort

I will have the blues next week :-( and time to listen to the CDs I bought in Schöppingen :-)

Kenny wrote:

Thanks again for the heads up about this one Kenny. A crackin gig last night, well impressed with them, I'll look forward to seeing them again.

121 (edited by PSmith1946 2012-06-02 04:37:56)

Skynyrd tonight at Manchester, with luck there may be a couple of tracks off their new album, if not who cares, great southern rock. Should be a good evening regardless. Got my southern cross rebel baseball cap at the ready.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Skynyrd tonight at Manchester, with luck there may be a couple of tracks off their new album, if not who cares, great southern rock. Should be a good evening regardless. Got my southern cross rebel baseball cap at the ready.

How was Skynyrd last night Peter? I decided to give them a miss this time round.

Kenny wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

How was Skynyrd last night Peter? I decided to give them a miss this time round.

Skynyd were absolutely superb last night, no new stuff on show but the sound levels and show were perfect. All instruments and vocals clear and distinct. A completely packed out Apollo theatre all standing towards the end with the one and only Freebird. Lots of audience participation as usual .With the addition of the new band members they actually appeared like the Skynyrd of old right down to the big hats being worn on bass and keyboards! Wouldn't have missed it for the world and even better the wife Carole Ann loved every second of it. Definitely will go again next time they come or if they play Fort Myers when we are there. big_smile big_smile big_smile

PSmith1946 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

Skynyd were absolutely superb last night, no new stuff on show but the sound levels and show were perfect. All instruments and vocals clear and distinct. A completely packed out Apollo theatre all standing towards the end with the one and only Freebird. Lots of audience participation as usual .With the addition of the new band members they actually appeared like the Skynyrd of old right down to the big hats being worn on bass and keyboards! Wouldn't have missed it for the world and even better the wife Carole Ann loved every second of it. Definitely will go again next time they come or if they play Fort Myers when we are there. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Honk If You Support Southern Rock!!! As my bumper sticker says.

Sweet Home Alabama,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Honk If You Support Southern Rock!!! As my bumper sticker says.

Sweet Home Alabama,

J Dawg

Just had to wear my rebel baseball cap. Hell yeah...

My next gig is The Nimmo Brothers at Oran Mor in Glasgow on Saturday. Can't wait!!