Re: My Next Concert (s)

Matt Schofield at the Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh on Monday 7th May. This show is being put on by the chain of guitar shops, Guitar Guitar (a favourite of Joe). Hopefully they will book more bluesy acts if they get a good turnout.

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

Now that I have got over my Bona-fest (my husband had only had a kidney transplant 4 weeks before our 4 gigs so he did well not to miss any!!), I have the following to look forward to this week:-

Tonight - Ian Anderson playing the whole of "Thick As A Brick" in Oxford
Tomorrow - Larry Miller in Bilston
Friday - Pat McManus in Bedford (the Quireboys are heading the bill but I'm going to see PM - no idea about the Quireboys so that will be an education!!).

Linda R wrote:

Now that I have got over my Bona-fest (my husband had only had a kidney transplant 4 weeks before our 4 gigs so he did well not to miss any!!), I have the following to look forward to this week:-

Friday - Pat McManus in Bedford (the Quireboys are heading the bill but I'm going to see PM - no idea about the Quireboys so that will be an education!!).

Linda,

First time I recall anyone on the board mentioning Pat McManus. He is one superb guitar player. I have been a fan of the Professor's since seeing Mama's Boys live back in the '80's.

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts
And worries hanging over my head. When I was a child I spoke as a child,
I wish I could remember what I said.

Linda R wrote:

so envious Linda, I am a huge Tull fan. I saw them on this tour in early 70's, they first came out and without announcing anything launched into a shortened version which was still about 20 to 25 minutes. The visual I have is of Ian twirling that huge 5 foot flute, in one hand end to end like a baton. They received a 2-3 minute standing ovation. I hope you have a great time of it.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Today: Savoy Brown, Piano, Dortmund
Tomorrow: Aynsley Lister or Todd Wolfe

Friday night, I may go over to Hartlepool to see local covers band Tom Atkinson's Presence take on the entire Blind Faith album as their main set.
Sunday will now definitely be over at Guisborough to see The Producers and Hamilton Loomis..

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

ReverendPaul wrote:
Linda R wrote:

Linda,

First time I recall anyone on the board mentioning Pat McManus. He is one superb guitar player. I have been a fan of the Professor's since seeing Mama's Boys live back in the '80's.

Wow!! Mama's Boys....that takes me back. One of those bands, "right sound, wrong time". If its the same Quireboys, then same era and from near enough my neck of the wood, Newcastle. many's the time used to see lead singer Spike in the Mayfair at Newcastle.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Michael Burks in Belgium on Saturday! Looking forward to 3+ hours of music bliss sandwiched between two 2-3 hour driving sessions. The things we do for love....and music. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:

Michael Burks in Belgium on Saturday! Looking forward to 3+ hours of music bliss sandwiched between two 2-3 hour driving sessions. The things we do for love....and music. wink

Lots of fun!
Please tell Michael that he has fans in Germany that are waiting to see him again.

The Darkness, Brisbane. Tonight. Can't wait.

Just last week I went to see Van Halen.  Will see the Allman Brothers band and Lynyrd Skynyrd in August.  Maybe Brad Paisley in September.   And in the mean time hoping to go to my own gigs with the band I'm jamming in now Full Circle... Its funny how many bands are named Full circle in the united states alone!

Matt Schofield at the Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh

'Try as you might to keep a lid on a good time, you can't do it. When people want to have a good time....' - Billy Gibbons

Next monday to Layla Zoe at the Spirit of 66 in Verviers.
Have a lot of fun Amsterhammer and Blues Sissi
Walter

retlawv wrote:

Next monday to Layla Zoe at the Spirit of 66 in Verviers.
Have a lot of fun Amsterhammer and Blues Sissi
Walter

Hi Walter, thinking about that date too. It's my only chance to see Layla on her tour. She will be supported by Jens Filser on guitar and it's a combination not to miss. To get tickets for Verviers is a bit complicated ... Hope it won't be sold out on Monday.
So, maybe we see us.

Hello Eva,
I haven't also tickets .I think it's not sold out.Hope to see you monday.
Walter

retlawv wrote:

Hello Eva,
Walter

If any of your friends are going to be in Zingem tonight, tell them to say hi. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

89 (edited by Blues Sissi 2012-05-05 08:17:08)

Amsterhammer wrote:
retlawv wrote:

Hello Eva,
Walter

If any of your friends are going to be in Zingem tonight, tell them to say hi. wink

Haven't heard that someone will travel that far, there are so many gigs today and tomorrow also ... it's a shame to miss Michael Burks.

Walter, I think that we will see us on Monday.
How far is Übach Palenberg (near Aachen) in Germany from you? If it is in reach, you should block 25 May.
There are some rumours ... but nothing confirmed ... cross your fingers :-)

ReverendPaul wrote:

Yes, Reverend, he is superb - unfortunately we only got a 45 minute set as it was a 3 band line-up and most people were there to see the Quireboys. PM was brilliant and well worth the ticket money on his own.
We were not keen on the Quireboys so we left early - that turned out to be a bit of a mistake as I discovered that PM played with them on a few songs...when I read the set-list today that I had photographed roll
I only discovered PM because of his association with Wishbone Ash, but I now try to see him whenever he is in England.