Re: My Next Concert (s)

Curby wrote:

Saw TMS tonight in Fishers, Indiana north of Indy.  This concert was for them only and last second it was changed to include Govt Mule.  What I found was GM was going to do two sets and TMS got 45 minutes as a warm up band.  This was a total disrespect as GM is well beyond their relavence.

That's a bit rough.... Should have been a double-header at least, or do you think the promoter was chasing $$$s?

Couple weeks to go before my next gig; something a bit out-the-box for on here, Britain's "Blondie" Kim Wilde (with China Crisis supporting) at Gateshead Sage, Sept 10th. Bit of an 80s flashback; feels like it as we've had the tickets for 2 years.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...

2,144 (edited by Curby 2022-08-20 07:40:13)

I think you’re correct about the $$$$.  TMS didn’t seem fully engaged with the audience.  Walked off without an encore.
I stayed for 30 minutes of Govt Mule then left.  All they’ve got is Warren Haynes (who’s still pretty good btw), but the southern jam thing was pretty forgetful.  Their best song was a cover of  Bobby Blue Bland’s “Heart of the City.”
The weather at the amphitheater was very pleasant and there was a nice crowd.  We sat in the handicapped section and I noticed a paraplegic patron vigorously bobbing his head throughput TMS’s set.  When we left he was asleep during GM’s show.  Kinda summed things up.
I will report the two beers I had were nice and cold.

Really debating seeing St. Paul and the Broken Bones next week in St. Louis at the Pageant.  They look like a fun live band.  That’s where I saw Joe Bonamassa the first time.   Nice venue.

Next show for me:

Sept 10th - Shinedown

Just saw Joe twice in one week (Boston & Jones Beach). Can't wait to see him again!

Bill

28th Sept - Ariel Posen + Cathal Murphy @ White House; Ashington

30th Sept - Deborah Bonham & Peter Bullick @ Trillians, Newcastle

2,147 (edited by BansheeUK 2022-09-30 08:43:29)

Coming up for October:-

3rd - Sari Schorr @ Newcastle; Cluny

14th - Xander & the Peace Pirates @ Darlington; Forum

21st - Jack J Hutchinson @ Newcastle; Trillians

25th - Samantha Fish + Wille & the Bandits @ Newcastle; Wylam Brewery

28th - Mark Pontin Group @ Yarm; Cleveland Bay