Re: My Next Concert (s)

ahsmith33 wrote:

I hate you , haha ........ I saw him with Bela Fleck a few years back and yes he is one of the premier bassists in the world of jazz. Dennis has played often with Mike Stern, he is also a goodun, along with Dave Weckl. Try to see Mike if you get the opportunity. That is very cool getting the last minute tickets, hope he played Amazing Grace for you

might as well give it a listen .........  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp2vmxTy7OI

ZeyerGTR wrote:

On a whim I got last-minute tickets to see Victor Wooten and I'm so glad I did.  He was just freaking amazing.  Dennis Chambers on drums, too.  I got him to sign my (worn, thoroughly read) copy his book The Music Lesson.  It's my favorite book of all time.  He's working on a sequel, too.

He did play Amazing Grace.  It was just an awesome show all around.

Samantha Fish...tonight  Moondogs north Pittsburgh Pa.

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Aerosmith on 26. May in Munich
Maybe the last time?

Just got back from seeing Iron Maiden - what a great show, they still bring it.

7th Durham Blues Festival @ Durham Gala Theatre - 17th June

Trevor Sewell @ Newcastle; Cluny - 23rd June

LaVendore Rogue + Western Sand @ Hartlepool; Belle Vue - 24th June

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

GNR

Jackson Browne in Glasgow on Monday

Just saw ELO at Wembley. WOW. Hit after hit after hit.

Adele @ Wembley tomorrow. Sorry Brack.

Just saw Big bad Voodoo Daddy and Brian Setzer at Artpark in Lewiston NY then its Tedeschi Trucks in Rochester with Hot Tuna and the Wood Brothers

I've got a 3 night run coming up with Blackberry Smoke July 28, 29, & 30 in Napa, The Fillmore in SF, and Whitney Peak Hotel in Reno. Then 2 or 3 days in Lake Tahoe to recover!!! Can't wait!

Let It Burn!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Tomorrow I head over to S.F. to see two of my favorites together....Chris Cain, who Joe B. once said is one of the top 10 underrated guitarist in the world...

https://jbonamassa.com/features/2015/jb … 4%25202015

and with Chris is one of my personal favorites (and my number one overlooked artist), Daniel Castro....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyYXNkdrucw

These two guys are complete showmen...both can sing and play with the very best of them....

Just learned that Davey Knowles will have a concert in my neck of the woods this year - definitely going to go see him. Thank you Natasha!

The show last night with Chris Cain and Daniel Castro was insanely good....watch this vid from a few years ago to see what Joe B. meant when he said Chris Cain is one of the best unknowns in the world....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQsoKp5DCQ
If this doesn't open some eyes, those eyes have been shut for too long....my only complaint is that the vid is chopped down from it's original length....Daniel Castro is equally good in a different way...they complement each other so well....this vid is when Chris sat in with Tommy Castro, no relation to Daniel Castro.....

Laurence Jones @ Darlington Forum - Aug 18th

Buck & Evans @ Newcastle; Cluny - Aug 19th

Chantel McGregor @ Newcastle; Cluny - Sept 2nd.

Sunday 10th Sept - Bernie Marsden et al @ Darlington Market Place Free Blues Festival.

Starts 1pm, Bernie on main stage around 4pm - 5:20pm - fringe events until 11pm.

Kossoff....the band plays on. Glasgow on Thursday.

The Steepwater Band in Barcelona on Friday.