Re: My Next Concert (s)

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit in Edinburgh last night. Superb band and songs.

The Colne blues festival is this bank holiday weekend. I've enclosed the link. Bernie Marsden appears the first two days. Good weather forecast as well.
http://www.bluesfestival.co.uk/ . big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Walter Trout - Castle Theater, Bloomington IL tonight.

"You can't put a price on cool."

Jelly Roll wrote:

Walter Trout - Castle Theater, Bloomington IL tonight.

Wish I could go with you Jelly Roll....I just love Walter as a musician but especially as a person....just a great guy....my next concert is next Tuesday, Gov't Mule with Blackberry Smoke in Saratoga Ca.

Bonus...the opener was The Marty Sammon Band.  Holy crap were they good.  Oddly The MSB sounded amazing.  However, Trout's sound was.....maybe over driven too much or just turned up too loud for the space.  It was very difficult to separate the instruments and even some of the notes in his playing.  That being said, super cool cat and a fun show!  I am glad I caught him on this come back tour!

PS - If any of you get a chance to catch a show at The Castle in Bloomington IL, do it.  It is very very nice inside.  I'm guessing it holds 300 tops.

PSS - Go out and register to be an organ donor.  After seeing his show and hearing more of his story, I sure did:  https://www.donatelife.net/

"You can't put a price on cool."

September 16th - Double Headliner Kirk Fletcher & Josh Smith in Schüttorf
September 24th & October 01st- Ryan McGarvey at Blues Rhede & Venlo Irene Club
November 09th - Kirk Fletcher OBerhausen Gdanska
Noverber 16th - Ana Popovic Rheinberg Schwarzer Adler
December 01st - Joanne Shaw Taylor Dortmund Piano

Wow steinei, that is an awesome run of shows!!! Good for you!

So much music, so little time!

Annual trip to see Golden Earring in Holland. This time its Tilburg on Saturday.
And a bonus of Uriah Heep in Haarlem on Sunday.

The B.B. King Tribute with Joe, Keb' Mo', Slash, Susan Tedeschi, Derek Trucks, Jimmie Vaughan, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe Louis Walker, James "Boogaloo" Bolden, Quinn Sullivan, & ZZ Ward.  Jimmy Vivino is the musical director and the Basic Cable Band will be the house band.  Thursday 9/1/16.  So excited!!!!

So much music, so little time!

Sept. 24th @ The Uptown Theater in Napa, Big Head Blues Club. Featuring Big Head Todd & The Monsters with Mud Morganfield, Billy Branch, & Ronnie Baker Brooks, presents the songs of Willie Dixon. This gig outta rock Napa almost as hard as the quake 2 years ago last week.

Gimme Some Big Head!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Sept. 24th @ The Uptown Theater in Napa, Big Head Blues Club. Featuring Big Head Todd & The Monsters with Mud Morganfield, Billy Branch, & Ronnie Baker Brooks, presents the songs of Willie Dixon. This gig outta rock Napa almost as hard as the quake 2 years ago last week.

Gimme Some Big Head!

J Dawg

I've got tix and will be there...

pat6put6man wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Gimme Some Big Head!

J Dawg

Very cool! If you get there early I'm usually a block up from the theater at Billco's wetting my whistle. I know yer not a drinker, but it's a good starting point close by.

See Ya There!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
pat6put6man wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Gimme Some Big Head!

J Dawg

Very cool! If you get there early I'm usually a block up from the theater at Billco's wetting my whistle. I know yer not a drinker, but it's a good starting point close by.

See Ya There!

J Dawg

Our group usually meets up at the Oxbow Public Market for some eats before the show...your welcome to join us....they have brews in the Market....

Anderson East @ Gateshead Sage - tonight...... 5/9/16

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Not a concert per se but going to watch Nick Cave's One More Time With Feeling next week.

Sari Schorr @ Darlington Forum (Blues Club's 500th show) Friday 9th.

BansheeUK wrote:

I will be there too Mike - shall I wear a Tom Petty t-shirt?

Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

I will be there too Mike - shall I wear a Tom Petty t-shirt?

I'll look out for you then - watch out for a short, yellow guy with long fingernails and mutton-chop whiskers, failing that probably an Ian Parker t-shirt (khaki green...) & denim jacket.