Re: My Next Concert (s)

waiting for the train to Verviers . . .

Jim Suhler & Monkey Beat tonight at the "Spirit of 66"

164 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2012-06-28 09:39:26)

Got tickets to see Steve Vai 8/17 at House of Blues.  $28 (plus $10 *service charge*).   It's going to be awesome.  I've never seen a Vai show before, although I did attend his "Alien Guitar Secrets" masterclass a few years ago.  He's one of my favorite players.

July 3rd - Joe Walsh - Milwaukee Summerfest

I've been listening to a TON of Joe Walsh lately.  His new album is fantastic.

Snakewater plus the Maggie Ross Band at the Dundee Blues Festival tomorrow.

July 3rd  - Tenacious D

3 July - Los Lonely Boys

A hot week ahead. Heading off within the half hour to see the Aynsley Lister band, then Jim Suhler & Monkeybeat on Monday in Oxford, Gov't Mule Tuesday in Manchester, followed by Kenny wayne Shepherd in London on Wednesday.

I'm out of breath just typing about it!

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Icon wrote:

A hot week ahead. Heading off within the half hour to see the Aynsley Lister band, then Jim Suhler & Monkeybeat on Monday in Oxford, Gov't Mule Tuesday in Manchester, followed by Kenny wayne Shepherd in London on Wednesday.

Ian

Gov't Mule in Manchester followed by Kenny Wayne Shepherd in London for me too.

Same as the two guys posted above me...Mule in Manchester.

Kenny wrote:

Snakewater plus the Maggie Ross Band at the Dundee Blues Festival tomorrow.

Nice - great live band - but still waiting to hear the new CD. You can order from Amazon - but cant find anywhere thats selling for download. Give the band a nudge if you get the chance!!

Icon wrote:

Ian

See you in Manchester and London, Ian.

Thinking about a last minute jount to London on Thursday - missing Kenny Wayne Shepherd unfortunately.  A mate is heading along to a Gabrielle Aplin gig at Dingwalls so will give it a look - acoustic folk/pop i'd say but she sounds good.

Got an eye on Mick Taylor / Matt Schofield on friday though if there are tickets available.

Jim Suhler and Monkey Beat tonight in Oxford (along with Icon) and then Gov't Mule on Wednesday in Chelsea - not a bad week really (apart from tomorrow's root canal treatment that is sad  )

Ian Siegal & Mississippi Mudbloods on Thursday, Newcastle
Jim Suhler & Monkey Beat on Friday, Penrith (no "spoilers" please Curryman & Icon..)
Larry Miller on Saturday, Sedgefield

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Burton Cummings on what's billed as the "Your Backyard Tour".  July 7, 2012, Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua | Washburn, WI

Definitely not my backyard, though.  Still, I'm headed up to do some fishing at a friend's cabin on Moose Lake in upper Wisconsin (about 9 hours north of my locale).  So the extra 4 hour round trip (approximately) from there is doable.  If I wasn't heading out Tuesday, I could've caught him closer, in Arlington Heights, IL--and that for FREE.

Been a while since I've seen Burton, so looking forward to it.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

Would love to see a reunion of as many original Guess Who members one of these days. They were a big favorite of mine and a special g-friend in high school.

Clap For The Wolfman,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Busy few days in Lodon, starting tomorrow :

Eric Johnson
Queen
Robert Plant
Soundgarden / Iggy Pop / Cold Chisel / Black Stone Cherry
Bruce Springsteen / John Fogerty / Gary Clark Jnr

Then Cold Chisel in Glasgow on the way home

Zappa Plays Zappa, 7/15, in Merrillville, IN.  If recent setlists are any indication, this is going to be nearly as good as seeing his Dad was, back in the day.  I'm hoping some of the recently mentioned covers of other bands show up, too.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

JBFan4Life wrote:

Zappa Plays Zappa, 7/15, in Merrillville, IN.  If recent setlists are any indication, this is going to be nearly as good as seeing his Dad was, back in the day.  I'm hoping some of the recently mentioned covers of other bands show up, too.

Enjoy! They are on my must see list whenver theyre around. Seeing the Grandmothers in August, but Im not optimistic that they will capture Frank as well as ZPZ.