Topic: Recording Update and recent happenings

Hey Everybody,
         After flying back from Copenhagen I went right into the studio with Anton Fig ( Thanks for taking time off from the Late Show to play on my album) Carmine Rojas and Rick Melick and cut 7 very nice electric tracks for the new (I dont have a title ) Album.  I just got back from Pheonix playing with the great Keb Mo.  He was so good and writes greats songs.  I did 7 songs acoustic including High Water Everywhere which will be in the new set coming this tour along with songs from the new album.  I wanted to also write and say thanks to all in Europe for making the spring tour second leg very enjoyable.. I managed not to gain any weight and had a blast playing alot of new countries for the first time.  Spain and Italy and Sweeden especially.. It was our first time to those places and we had a blast.. Again thanks for being the best fans anybody could ask for.. I'm going to try to manage a few days off this month I'm hoping for 3 this week.. maybe.. I'll be at the Dallas guitar show playing acoustic stuff on Saturday.. My Dad is coming to hang which is cool brings me back to 15 years ago helping him out at the guitar shows.. Although as I approach 30 in 3 weeks my guitar buying days are coming to a end. Why you ask? Just different priorities and Im getting bored of collecting. Something I never thought would happen.  I also think a guitar should be played and enjoyed.. I rarely play most of mine and I dont need anymore 200 is plenty.  God 10 is plenty... Anyway thanks again and say a prayer for those kids in Virginia..Its very sad day here in this country.  Joe Bonamassa

2 (edited by mikeb 2007-04-16 18:22:01)

Re: Recording Update and recent happenings

Hey Joe if you need to shed 190 guitars I have room for 100.......

Hanging at guitar shows will not help cure GAS.... I am going to the LGS London Guitar Show at month end...

Cool new album soon!! Congrats on the print media kudos!!!!!! (guitar player)

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

Eh, I'll take a couple off your hands and give them a good home. lol

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Joe,
Please auction some off for a benefit. I guarantee I will bid high.

5 (edited by cathysiler 2007-04-16 22:53:23)

Thanks Joe! Your fans have great faith in you as a person and a performer! It's easy to be in your corner!        Regarding your guitars, 1957 Strat w/ case and amp on Antiques Roadshow tonight valued at $50-60,000.

Glad to hear the new stuff is progressing. Did you happen to hit up Anton for a spot on Late Night by any chance? You've deserved a shot for a long time now. I watch Late Night regularly and click it off during the music half the time. I can't believe some of the acts that make it on there. Hopefully your time has come. True it's a very sad day due to the events @ Va Tech today. My prayers go out to them.

Peace to All,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Joe Bonamassa, that's what I luv about you.  Congratulations on everything that is happening with you and thanks for taking time out of your very busy schedule to check in with us.  You know we all miss you immensely and luv to hear what is going on in your world.  You are one very busy, well-traveled guy...how many miles do you think you travel in a year?  Have you caught up with yourself yet?  wink  Welcome,home!  See ya' soon.....pattyluvsjoe

After todays tragedy, any care or worry we've had seems so trivial.. ....   God Bless All who have been affected by this great loss.   Prayers of hope,love, and peace.....

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Thanks for the update Joe.  Glad you got to hang with Keb...   Hope you enjoy some of your days off, you are a hard worker for sure.  All of us on the forum kept up to date on your European tour and could tell that you were making new fans each and every city/country.   Collecting is fun, I have a microphone collection among other things, and I know what you mean when you reach a limit...  Look forward to seeing you guys on your next leg and hearing the new album...
Take care

Music is good for the Soul...

Joe, first of all, welcome back home. I'm glad it was a great trip and I'm looking forward to the new tour set and (eventually) the new album.
Thanks for the update, and for keeping things in perspective in regards to the tragedy in Virginia. Prayers to all those affected...those stricken as well as their family and friends.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

great to hear the new material is comming along . I know all of us here are wainting patiently for its release. looking forward to seeing the may 5 show. prayers also for everyone affected by todays tragedy. I guess we are all part of this for we are only lucky that it didnt happen to us or one of our loved ones.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

...awesome...

BEERinc...sometimes a name says it all...

We'll just have to be patient for the new album but we know for sure it'll be worth the wait.  I'm excited about the prospect of hearing High Water Everywhere in the next setlist.

How kind it is of Joe to keep in contact with his fans , Looking forward to some more amazing tracks from you Joe , Cant wait to see you in August , Hope you get to have a well deserved break sometime  , sent a prayer to Virgina x smile

Hey, Joe...
I'll miss you in Dallas at the Guitar Show this year, but i look forward to seeing you in OKC on your birthday and back in Dallas on May 9 at the new House of Blues.
Welcome home, brother.
Jim Suhler

Joe... New album title... "Just Got Back"

Life was just a fist of change... tossed in the water just in case.

Screamin wrote:

Joe... New album title... "Just Got Back"

I dont want to steal your thunder. I say post it, " lets help Joe with naming the album ". Go for it!

17 (edited by susan 2007-04-17 10:46:21)

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the heartfelt post.  My prayers go out to all the families affected by the Virginia Tech massacre.  Very sad.

On a lighter note, It's very exciting news to hear about the progress of your new Album.  I'm so looking forward to hearing some new "Bonamassa" tunes in addition to "High Water Everywhere". 

Be seeing you at the SLO show in May.  Oh, and have a very Happy Birthday smile

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

nice  i cant wait hear the new stuff ......i hope you play it in Amstadam Paradiso 12.10.07
greetings by geko

ps. thanks for the europe spring tour it was great!!!