Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

I didn't know you were there, Paul. Sorry I didn't see you this time.

Mike, yes, I forgot, someone did point out Andrew Pipe. I look forward to catching The Mentulls sometime and maybe seeing you at their first DVD shoot.

Sandy, thanks for posting all these great pics. I'm soooo jealous of your sound check photos; you lucky thing. smile  Thinking of you today.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I must apologise to anyone whom I did not recognise. My mind was a blur and I am not great with faces at the best of times. Only started relaxing about 3/4 of the way through the gig.  Thats when I thought 'yeah this going down well'.

Wooders wrote:

Mike, yes, I forgot, someone did point out Andrew Pipe. I look forward to catching The Mentulls sometime and maybe seeing you at their first DVD shoot.

Phil

So many good and tasty gigs coming up round this area in the coming season - including 3 VATA hits - I doubt I'm going to get much chance to hit south of Leeds, but someday we'll meet up - even if I'm running the merch stand for someone.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Watch out Vervier (Spirit of 66 Club) - VATA are in town tonight..... as if you needed reminding.

Then tomorrow the lads hit Blues Garage, Hannover and on to Heiratsmarkt, Reitwein on Saturday 22nd.

Then its back home, change of socks, and UK tour with Tracer starting in Wolverhampton on the 26th Sept.

Going to the Blues Garage tomorrow!!!!!

What a great venue it is too smile

mbcl wrote:

I was only there once - but yeah, it is a great venue - and the who's who is playing there.
Curious to hear something about the gig.

Just found a first vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M7IOr-v … re=g-all-u

Thanks for sharing this great video
Walter from Belgium

Ok fromthe pint of view it was a great gig. The night before in belgium was very good but there something missing (long travel, nerves, moon out of synch, who knows) , although everyone loved it. At the blues garage the audience were ver responsive from the start, a bigger crowd helped. Just over 100 folks but the sounded like 1000 and I could see this gave a glint in Virgil's eye and I knew we were in for a great night night. Boy did they deliver. They came out, like a bullet from a gun, that video almost looks speeded, fire and fury. By the 3rd track they had settled in and gave thier all.  Crowd response was awesome and feeds any band. Perfect effect, amazing venue, I have photos but cannot upload till back in the uk.  Crowd demanded multiple encores. Still buzzing the next day smile

Blues Sissi wrote:
mbcl wrote:

I was only there once - but yeah, it is a great venue - and the who's who is playing there.
Curious to hear something about the gig.

Blues Sissi wrote:

Just found a first vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M7IOr-v … re=g-all-u

Great video.

The comment under the clip says it all. (For non-German speakers, it roughly translates:- "A brilliant performance by the very young English band. The "gentlemen" will go far - for sure!")

Mike

Back from the Blues Garage and can't get the smile out off my face . . . WOW what a gig!!! Really enjoyed every second.

Virgil's FIRST gig in Germany and I was THERE!!!

Couple more clips from Blues Garage:-

Lowdown & Dirty - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e0RB9_Hy88
Voodoo Chile - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiGK6eptpO0

Mike

Pictures from the pre-gig and gig at Matshall done as a video.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxFzg2IIhQ

Can't wait for this dvd to come out!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

...some great pre-gig shots in there Sandy! ..nice one! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Martin - what time will the boys be on stage on Saturday? Early I presume.

Just found out the lads are playing Kinross on Saturday 4 May. Any other Scottish dates around then?

Kenny wrote:

Just found out the lads are playing Kinross on Saturday 4 May. Any other Scottish dates around then?

Bloody Nora!! I've not long got confirmation that they're joining in on the fun at Ferryhill/Mainsforth on Nov 30th.... That should be a blow-out night, Dr Feelgood, VATA & The Mentulls.

Be a bit odd for the lads though, hot off a tour with Wilko, a gig with the Dr.

Mike