91 (edited by Wooders 2012-08-06 08:01:17)

Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

Mike, not wishing to condone drink driving wink, Parkside House would probably be an ok place to meet, being only 3 miles from the Marshall factory for the main event.

The bar looks OKish. The only concern I would have is if there is a wedding that afternoon, in which case we could find the place overrun with rugrats. roll

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Sage words, Phil. To be honest, after driving down in the afternoon, I'd be more interested in finding some decent nosebag before the show. Just wondered though, if there was anywhere nearby if folk wanted to meet-up beforehand and get the "hellos" out the way. I get the feeling it'll be after the gig, back at the Mercure, where folk will be skipping round the function room in their long-johns, as the guy on the advert says.....

The only time in recent years I've been that far down the M1, I turned left for Bedford and came back with two smashing German Shepherds, but that's another story.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

93 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-08-07 06:14:08)

See there's some more European dates coming through in addition to Verviers:-

20/9 - Hannover - Blues Garage
22/9 - Reitwein - Heiratsmarkt
and
5/11 - Talbahnhof

Mike

Hi Folks,
Please note we have had to change the Marshal gig timings doors open 6.30 - 7.00 (depending how much stress I am surrounded by) and the gigs starts at 8.00pm. Just had a peek at the tshirt design and its very cool.

mbcl wrote:

Hi Folks,
Please note we have had to change the Marshal gig timings doors open 6.30 - 7.00 (depending how much stress I am surrounded by) and the gigs starts at 8.00pm. Just had a peek at the tshirt design and its very cool.

I just saw the t-shirt on Facebook. Very cool indeed.

96 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-08-22 03:12:10)

Looks like the lads are going to be having a hectic run between now and Christmas. As well as the tours with Tracer and Wilko Johnson, they're squeezing in some solo dates; some already listed, but nothing like a good re-cap:-

16/9 - Oude Meer, Holland
19/9 - Verviers - Spirit of 66, Belgium
20/9 - Hannover - Blues Garage, Germany
22/9 - Reitwein - Heiratsmarkt, Germany
and
5/11 - Talbahnhof - Talbahnhof Festival
7/12 - Tonbridge - West Kent College, UK

Mike

Congrats on landing the Michael Schenker support in April 2013 - see you in Aberdeen.

not long to wait now.... See you guys tomorrow!

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Ian916 wrote:

not long to wait now.... See you guys tomorrow!

...and we did! ...nice to shake your hand yet gain Ian ...and what a truly fabulous occasion to do so! smile

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Any snippets of film for those of us who couldn't make it?

Breathless with anticipation here......

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Sorry George but we banned any video, just wanted folks to enjoy and the moment. Sme great photos are surfacing in facebbook.   I must say the audience really made the night. DVD should be awesome it was one of those land mark performances.

Amsterhammer wrote:

Any snippets of film for those of us who couldn't make it?

Breathless with anticipation here......

...did have some great video of Fell to The Floor George! ...but it painfully went in the trash bin! hmm ...better than a kick up the ar$e from Martin ay! wink

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Cann't wait for the dvd.
Walter from Belgium

It was a great night and nice to put some faces to names

105 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-09-03 06:48:48)

To put some flesh on Kenny's post - here's the dates for Virgil with Michael Schenker:-

Wed 20th Mar 2013 Virgil and The Accelerators OWN SHOW  The Robin 2 Wolverhampton 
Tue 9th Apr 2013  ARC (Stockton Arts Centre) Stockton-on-Tees 
Wed 10th Apr 2013 The Lemon Tree Aberdeen 
Thu 11th Apr 2013  HMV Picture House Edinburgh 
Fri 12th Apr 2013  O2 Academy Newcastle Newcastle upon Tyne 
Sat 13th Apr 2013  Holmfirth Picturedrome Holmfirth 
Sun 14th Apr 2013 Pyramid & Parr Hall Warrington 
Tue 16th Apr 2013  Princess Pavilion Falmouth 
Wed 17th Apr 2013  O2 Academy Bristol Bristol 

That should be a combination to rattle some ears....
Mike

- also good to see some of you again and put some more faces to names! It was a great show, and thank you Martin for being so generous with the tickets. Don't think Will has taken off his VATA tee shirt off yet, -  encouraging for him to see some younger guys playing the type of music he loves!

First time experience for me and we will be back for more, - have to say I loved Virgil's slower more blues orientated songs,but maybe that is because I am getting older! - The tone from the Strat was superb, - a few Robin Trower memories came back.... again maybe it is my age!

Ian

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

According to Ents, if you're planning to go along and see Joanne Shaw Taylor at Milton Keynes on October 22nd, looks like the VATA lads are playing as well, and not in a "backing" capacity. Another good night to be had at MK.... (Subject to Martin's confirmation.)

Martin - a friend was asking about the upcoming Oude Meer gig at The Shack. Seems it's either still awaiting confirmation or possibly cancelled. Can you give me the news either way so I can pass it on.

Heard Friday went brilliantly (naturally), apologies again I couldn't be there - bet the lads are still buzzin'

Mike