Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

I'll be there with Jamie and Andrew Pipe (2/3 of The Mentulls). Should be a great evening. KP

74 (edited by Wooders 2012-07-19 04:51:30)

Pete The Cabby wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

I will be making the trip   big_smile  and I am VERY much looking forward to an awesome night!

Sandy

...EH?!? ..you serious!? ...you need a lift?

I think that's taken care of, Pete. Not by me I hasten to add.

As I know so many people who are attending this shoot, I had been thinking about starting a roll call, however, as Murray has got the ball rolling already, let's go. big_smile

I hope others will come forward but the list so far is:

Murray
Kenny
Mike (BansheeUK)
Pete (The Cabby)
Sandy P (samjp4)
Ian + 3 (Ian916)
David (Currymandavid)
Phil (Wooders) & Kathryn (Mrs W)
Keith, Jamie & Andrew Pipe

I'm intrigued to know who else is coming from overseas and like David, I'm really looking forward to meeting up and putting faces to Forum names. smile

It would be good to try to get there early so that we can meet up and chat before the serious business starts, which we all know is going to be absolutely awesome. wink

A few of us are booked into the Mercure Parkside House on the east side of MK. Anyone else staying over?

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

....I'm intrigued to know who else is coming from overseas.......

...i know Katherine from Germany is coming over Phil!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Wooders wrote:
Pete The Cabby wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

I will be making the trip   big_smile  and I am VERY much looking forward to an awesome night!

Sandy

I think that's taken care of, Pete. Not by me I hasten to add.

As I know so many people who are attending this shoot, I had been thinking about starting a roll call, however, as Murray has got the ball rolling already, let's go. big_smile

I hope others will come forward but the list so far is:

Murray
Kenny
Mike (BansheeUK)
Pete (The Cabby)
Sandy P (samjp4)
Ian + 3 (Ian916)
David (Currymandavid)

I'm intrigued to know who else is coming from overseas and like David, I'm really looking forward to meeting up and putting faces to Forum names. smile

It would be good to try to get there early so that we can meet up and chat before the serious business starts, which we all know is going to be absolutely awesome. wink

A few of us are booked into the Mercure Parkside House on the east side of MK. Anyone else staying over?

Phil

Rest assured the Icons will be there too Phil.
Also booked into the Mercure (after speaking to Maggie - who you can also add to the list). Looked at the Travelodge, but the Mercure has a bar (open until 2am I believe) so there will be plenty of time for those staying there to catch up afterwards.

Looks like they have rooms left if anyone else is interested - I got a discounted rate through booking.com wink

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Pete The Cabby wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Maggie has graciously offered to put up with me for this little long-weekend jaunt, but I very much appreciate the offer.  The last time I saw these guys was courtesy of Phil and your very magical cab.  I still can't believe I am doing this, but since Martin gave me a heads-up about this quite a while ago I had been contemplating it.  When the stars aligned on the dates I decided I just couldn't pass this one up.  After seeing them last year I knew this would be too special of a night to let something like a 3000 mile plane ride stand in the way.  You should see the looks on my friends faces when I tell them I am going to London for a long weekend.  Besides, Mr Meerkat misses Mini-Rat and his other buddies. Can't wait!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I think Gary Grainger is coming, is he near you?

BansheeUK wrote:

I'm heading down the M1 from Durham if anyone wants to carpool.

...fantastic Sandy! ...mini Rat said can you bring him over a wash board!? hmm

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pete The Cabby wrote:

...fantastic Sandy! ...mini Rat said can you bring him over a wash board!? hmm

Are you starting a rodent skiffle group, Pete? big_smile

Good to see you and Maxx will be there, Ian. Here's an updated list with Maggie and the girls included.

Murray
Kenny
Mike (BansheeUK)
Pete (The Cabby)
Sandy P (samjp4) all the way from the USA!
Ian + 3 (Ian916)
David (Currymandavid)
Ian (Icon) and Maxx
Maggie
Lydia
Tricia
Katherina Stolpe (from Germany)

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Icon wrote:

Also booked into the Mercure (after speaking to Maggie - who you can also add to the list). Looked at the Travelodge, but the Mercure has a bar (open until 2am I believe) so there will be plenty of time for those staying there to catch up afterwards.

Looks like they have rooms left if anyone else is interested - I got a discounted rate through booking.com

Now what did you have to go and say that for Ian? Telling me about a cheap hotel deal and using the words "bar open until 2am" caught my attention so I went and booked myself a room too (I'm easily led). No driving home for me now. Gonna be a fun evening.

currymandavid wrote:
Icon wrote:

Looks like they have rooms left if anyone else is interested - I got a discounted rate through booking.com

Now what did you have to go and say that for Ian? Telling me about a cheap hotel deal and using the words "bar open until 2am" caught my attention so I went and booked myself a room too (I'm easily led). No driving home for me now. Gonna be a fun evening.

That's the spirit - Good Man!
Should suit Sandy too - she'll still be on Eastern Time big_smile

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Let's see, 2am comes out to 9pm eastern - sounds good to me.

And Pete - is the washboard for you or the little one, and do you want spoons with that?

I believe Michael L. is coming that night as well.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

84 (edited by Rocket 2012-07-20 23:46:58)

mbcl wrote:

This is going to be one hell of a night. Been listening in on the lads reworking and rehearsing some tracks, sounding mighty fine. Got one of the best sound engineers, top lighting company and a 10 camera crew. A lot of this fell into place by uncanny coincidences, which just adds to the positive vibe we have a about it. So far we have had tickets go out to the USA, Saudi Arabia, France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and all of the UK!!!! I might have a small amount of tickets to offer shortly, so if you know anyone who missed out, let me know.

WOW! Great to hear, Martin, Virgil & Guys.  But arrrrhhh, and sorry (I cry, cry, cry), I don't think I can make it and I am grumbly about it.

But best of times about it, do it like it is already done!  ..and don't overdo it (balanced against overdue wink , such as not to underdo ) it either.  Good Luck!  Sandy, enjoy (everyone else & band too)!!!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I think I'll be sadder missing this than I will be about not coming to London in March. I will be comforted knowing so many of you will be there and I'll have a DVD in the future. Very exciting for all smile     Cathy

86 (edited by tctkd 2012-07-21 20:42:40)

Recently saw these guys for the first time in Derby at the end of last month, damn awesome gig, besides playing from their
cracking debut album they had a great jam with Ron Sayer jr and finished of with a blistering version of 'Are You Experienced'!!!

Hope to catch them supporting Tracer at the Cockpit late September :-)

87 (edited by retlawv 2012-07-23 02:01:50)

I saw on the site of the Spirit of 66 of Verviers  that your gig is confirmed.Great to have you in Belgium guys.See you on 19 September at Verviers.
Walter from Belgium

That is correct Walter, please spread the word smile

retlawv wrote:

I saw on the site of the Spirit of 66 of Verviers  that your gig is confirmed.Great to have you in Belgium guys.See you on 19 September at Verviers.
Walter from Belgium

I  will don't worry.
Walter from Belgium

Sounds like this Mercure Hotel/motel is a gathering place for most folk - would this be a good suggestion as a meeting place for folk to nurse a pre-show sherry before going on to help the lads raise the roof or are there other suggestions? I know Martin is trying to organise a bar at the venue.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...