Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

I have a ticket for Glasgow on Thursday but a plane whisked me off to Spain instead sad

I leave tonite for the UK - will be seeing the boys Friday at Hebden and then at the Flowerpot.  I can't wait!  I'm on the wrong side of the pond and haven't seen them since the Marshall gig.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

291 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-05-20 04:14:28)

Phil - thanks for the praise; seeing the lads on that sort of form I still feel well short of doing them justice. Martin did say that the Borderline gig was a monster (sorry to rub it in), so would be interesting to hear how the 2 shows compared. Didn't get much chance to chat post-show as they wanted to be away for an off-again/on-again fest appearance the next day.

Kenny - no good to you now, but word is that VATA are going to be doing shows in Spain sometime this year: check with Martin next time for holiday arrangements.

Sandy - you are going to be amazed at how much the lads have come on since the Marshall gig; not so much on a new chapter as re-writing the book. Enjoy the 2 shows and your time in the UK, and give me a shout sometime if you find yourself heading in the Newcastle area.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I have been fortunate enough to see these guys twice in the past two weeks, and yes, I was amazed at the difference 18 months can make.  First night I saw them was at Hebden Bridge Blues Festival, and an added bonus was the late night jam where Virgil did a couple of songs with Aynsley Lister and a few others.  Awesome time, and then last night we caught the last show of the current tour at the Flowerpot in Derby.  Virgil remarked that the first time they played here there were about 15 people there - this time the place looked very full.  Mr Meerkat took in the whole show sitting atop Virgil's amp the entire evening (he kept complaining about how hot he was).  Wonderful way to finish up my vacation - it went much too fast - and look forward to the new album in the fall, and someday seeing these guys in the States.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

One of VATA's newer numbers - Help Me Through The Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGLg7-WPq-8

samjp4 wrote:

I have been fortunate enough to see these guys twice in the past two weeks, and yes, I was amazed at the difference 18 months can make.  First night I saw them was at Hebden Bridge Blues Festival, and an added bonus was the late night jam where Virgil did a couple of songs with Aynsley Lister and a few others.  Awesome time, and then last night we caught the last show of the current tour at the Flowerpot in Derby.  Virgil remarked that the first time they played here there were about 15 people there - this time the place looked very full.  Mr Meerkat took in the whole show sitting atop Virgil's amp the entire evening (he kept complaining about how hot he was).  Wonderful way to finish up my vacation - it went much too fast - and look forward to the new album in the fall, and someday seeing these guys in the States.

Sandy

Glad for you, Sandy, that you've enjoyed VATA that much.

I really hope for some more shows in Germany . . .

BansheeUK wrote:

One of VATA's newer numbers - Help Me Through The Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGLg7-WPq-8

Thanks for posting!

Another great new song called "Free". Listening to this brings it home to me how they have matured as songwriters and as a band. Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvL2lZ- … e=youtu.be

The Army of Three have announced the first wave of their Autumn manoeuvres:-

Confirmed gigs (May be adding more)

September
29 London Borderline (Album Launch)

October
11 SPAIN Calella RockFest
16 Chislehurst Beaverwood
17 Sutton Boom Boom
18 Manchester The Ruby Lounge
19 Classic Rock Festival
22 Southampton Talking Heads
24 Hullbridge Sports & Social
25 Co Durham FerryHill Comm Ctre
26 Swansea The Scene

November
01 Devizes Long Street Blues
08 Derby Flower Pot
14 Tenby Blues Festival
18 Wolverhampton Robin 2
22 Telfords Warehouse
23 - 30 Spain

As the saying goes, they’re ready to kick **** and chew bubblegum and they ain’t go no gum.

BansheeUK wrote:

As the saying goes, they’re ready to kick **** and chew bubblegum and they ain’t go no gum.

Can't say I have ever heard that saying.  UK thing?

Hogsniper wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

think that's a line from John carpenters film,they live.

manticore wrote:
Hogsniper wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

think that's a line from John carpenters film,they live.

Believe you're right manticore: maybe not the best film in the world, but the quote sums up VATA's attitude on getting back out on the road and with the new album after the unavoidable delay.

See them next month at Culemborg Festival at The Netherlands

Looks like the pre-release promotion for VATA’s new album is starting in earnest:

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 … o-the-head

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases … -three.htm

Looking forward to this release, it’s gonna be a biggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hOMSO-OQLk

This promo video is awesome

Walter from Belgium

The finesse of Cream: the power of Motorhead:  what a combo!

Tour date update:
Sept
29 Album Launch The Borderline London

October
11 SPAIN Calella RockFest
16 Chislehurst Beaverwood
17 Sutton Boom Boom Club
18 Manchester The Ruby Lounge
19 Classic Rock Festival
22 Southampton Talking Heads
24 Hullbridge Sports & Social
25 Co Durham Ferryhill Comm Ctre
31 Doncaster The Leopard

November
01 Devizes Long Street Blues
02 Swansea The Scene
08 Derby Flower Pot
12 Wolverhampton Robin 2
14 Tenby Blues Festival
16 Ilfracombe Blues, Rhythm & Rock Fest
19 Spain TBA
20 Spain TBA
21 Spain TBA
22 Spain TBA
23 Spain TBA
24 Spain TBA
25 Spain TBA
26 Spain TBA
27 Spain TBA
28 Spain TBA
29 Spain TBA
30 Spain TBA

Saturday the 23rd at the Bluesfestival in Culemborg in Holland. Henrik Freischlader, Layla Zoe band as well Free festival in the city center.