Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

Kenny wrote:
G3ddy 96 wrote:

Was looking to seeing them in Cardiff tonite, but gig cancelled...any ideas why...?????

Something to do with the venue having its locks changed I believe. Promoter has been stitched up.

Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:
G3ddy 96 wrote:

Was looking to seeing them in Cardiff tonite, but gig cancelled...any ideas why...?????

Something to do with the venue having its locks changed I believe. Promoter has been stitched up.

Thanks for the heads up Kenny... They're playing down the road in Swansea early December so plan B kicks in...

What about the Met in Abertillery gwent on sat nov 2nd

Good tip Mandy, no more than 25 mins away. Never been to a gig at the Met, how many does it hold and what's best way to get a tkt, direct from Met box office?

Ta!!!!

257 (edited by Mandy and triggermala 2013-10-24 15:51:29)

We will be going to the gig as we live near the venue.You can get tickets from the met box office. Check out the link below.Tickets may also be available on the night .
www.blaenaugwentvenues.com/page.php?id=4&lang=1

G3ddy 96 wrote:

Good tip Mandy, no more than 25 mins away. Never been to a gig at the Met, how many does it hold and what's best way to get a tkt, direct from Met box office?

Ta!!!!

The management turned up at the Cardiff venue and the locks had been changed. They admit to having some arrears but nothing drastic and they were trying to sort it out. They sent me message and apologised. They are hoping to back up and running shortly. A temporary glitch, **## happens smile Shame as we had good forward sales and 2 or 3 minibuses traveling. Sorry to those who were put out. We seem to hit bad luck when welsh gigs are booked sad 2 good ones still on the go, Swansea and Abertillery. The boys are scorching at the moment, I don't know ow they do it. Had a stunning young opening band on tonight called the River Chickens, newly formed 4 piece. 2 shredders, drums and bass. They had the crowd baying for an encore and made my lot sit up and pay attention. Rock, with hint of punk, bad description but **## hot. Great original material and stunning zep and purple covers. first time I have seen the VATA boys thinking we got to step up to this. Going to try and get them out with us at some point. Credit were credit is due.

River Chickens eh? Well, if they make you guys sit up, must be worth checking out.

Here's one of their own; Coming Through:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbmM7sPkaIk

and a "standard", Black Night:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwqxAG3eUzw

Like what I'm hearing.....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Great video's Thanks for sharing

Since Andre has already brought up the European Blues Awards, lets not forget that Virgil McMahon is also a nominee in the Best Guitarist category, along with Ryan McGarvey. Two unassuming, young guys who let their axes do the talking for them. Boy, what a choice to make.....

Via Twitter (cut and paste the following):
@blueshour my nomination for best guitarist goes to Virgil McMahon

Or email eurobluesawards@gmail.com with "my nomination for best guitarist goes to Virgil McMahon"

Don't forget the lady nominees in The European Blues Awards for Best Guitarist, alongside Ryan & Virgil:  Ana Popovic & Samantha Fish.

cool cool cool

I've just checked the VATA Kickstarter page and pledges have now gone up to £6001 - so they have doubled their target. Well done guys. Nine days to go:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vat … -legendary

currymandavid wrote:

cool cool cool

I've just checked the VATA Kickstarter page and pledges have now gone up to £6001 - so they have doubled their target. Well done guys. Nine days to go:

Great news for the guys, but who gave the £1?

Had a few emails about that. Its alittle confusing. The £1 is the minimum donation. The actual donation made was £50 by my mum smile.

BansheeUK wrote:
currymandavid wrote:

cool cool cool

Great news for the guys, but who gave the £1?

Off to see the guys in Islington tonight. Look out London! second time in a week, what a touch!

266 (edited by Pete The Cabby 2013-11-08 02:18:59)

...what a touch indeed! ....after sitting 2 hours on the M25 i needed a serious lift... oh boy! ...these Lads put on a absolute stonkin set for those gathered... think my computer is buggered as it took 4 hours to process this video... Virg' played havoc with my battery and memory life tonight,every song was of Epic proportions... this Band of Men has reached a new,and by no means an end,level of professionalism and musical unity... audio memory runs out at about 12 mins so fades in to camera audio... my camera gave up gasping at about 18 mins in... went on for about another 3 or 4 mins.... epic stuff! ...thanks Virg',Gab' ( for the smile ) Jack for the continuos pump and Martin,for everything he does! ...luv it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GstTJUy5bdM

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Jeez! if the lads are coming off the road and straight into the studio this hot, then the new album is going to be AWESOME!!!

Congratulations Virgil with your award as Best Blues guitarplayer.
Walter from Belgium

A massive congratulations Virgil on winning the best blues guitarist award, also the gig at the Met last saturday was awesome and cant wait for the new album, well done again.

Add my congratulations to Virgil - well deserved and sure to be the first of many awards to come.