163 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-12-20 08:53:57)

Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

retlawv wrote:

I hope back soon in The Netherlands or Belgium after the problems with the earlier agent for the Benelux.
Walter from Belgium

Inbetween all the shows and “guest” spots the lads have lined up in the early part of 2013, I have heard that they’re squeezing in at least one week-end on the Continent:-

March 8th - Belgium: Diest, Borderline
March 9th - Holland: Oud Meer, The Shack
March 10th - Holland: Arnhem, Luxor

Martin no doubt will confirm these, and hopefully some more.

Mike

edit - as mbcl post below - March 9th - Bikerfest @ Ahoy, Rotterdam

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Cheers Mike,
Just been informed that the gig on the 9th is at the Bikerfest at Ahoy Stadium, Rotterdam. Before our set there will be exotic dancers. What more could a young hot band ask for smile

BansheeUK wrote:
retlawv wrote:

I hope back soon in The Netherlands or Belgium after the problems with the earlier agent for the Benelux.
Walter from Belgium

Inbetween all the shows and “guest” spots the lads have lined up in the early part of 2013, I have heard that they’re squeezing in at least one week-end on the Continent:-

March 8th - Belgium: Diest, Borderline
March 9th - Holland: Oud Meer, The Shack
March 10th - Holland: Arnhem, Luxor

Martin no doubt will confirm these, and hopefully some more.

Mike

mbcl wrote:

Cheers Mike,
Just been informed that the gig on the 9th is at the Bikerfest at Ahoy Stadium, Rotterdam. Before our set there will be exotic dancers. What more could a young hot band ask for smile

Be hopes Gabba has chance to practice his chat-up lines (he'll know what I mean).

All the best for the season to the lads and to you and yours.

Mike

Thanks i saw on VATA website that they come and de Borderline is about 10 km from my house.Thanks
Walter

I flew across the ocean to see this show - worth every penny!  Can't wait for this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9SS2yQbgaQ

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

The brandnew dvd/cd is on presale now! 'till Jan 20th.
vataband.com
I ordered one. These guys really rock!

March 10th Luxor Arnhem for me Martin! Great venue, great city!!

Seems that I have to wait to get my copy of the DVD personally.
All venues are pretty far away.
And on 10 March there's already a date in my calendar: Eddie Turner at Blues Rhede.

Blues Sissi wrote:

Seems that I have to wait to get my copy of the DVD personally.
All venues are pretty far away.
And on 10 March there's already a date in my calendar: Eddie Turner at Blues Rhede.

If you change your mind, you know you can stay at my home!!!

Well, Skegness Festival is getting nearer, don't forget the lad's appearence on Sat 26th Jan; or The Mentulls on 25th, if anyone's heading there.

As well as some tasty support slots round the UK and a week-end hit-and-run in the Low Countries, looks like there are a handful of full UK appearences to be thinking about before the summer:-

9th May - Beaverwood, Chislehurst
17th May - Flowerpot, Derby
18th May - Camerons, Hartlepool (d/h with Billy Walton Band)
23rd May - The Scene (Milkwood Jam) Swansea
29th May - Robin 2, Wolverhampton
7th June - Boom Boom, Sutton

Heard a word that there may be another gig in my area, but to be confirmed.

Found out over the week-end what some 350 of you already knew. Sat watching the VATA @ Marshall show DVD and was blown away in HD! Only thing missing was the sweat and smell of burning adrenalin.

My DVD/CD arrived this week.  I was lucky enough to be at this show and this DVD more than does it justice.  Also cool is the fact that there is a CD of most of the show included - portable great music without having to figure out how to get it off the DVD.

Nothing like a great power trio.  smile  It was fun looking at the audience shots to see all the Bonabuddys who were there - including Mr Meerkat.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

175 (edited by BansheeUK 2013-02-04 04:57:35)

Had word from friends, just getting over the other week-ends bash at Skegness that the VATA lads did themselves proud on their "promotion" to Saturday night.

So, it's timely to give their first jaunt of the year, touring and opening for Uriah Heep, a reminder:-

Thu 21st Feb The Tivoli; Buckley 
Fri 22nd Feb The Robin 2; Wolverhampton
Sat 23rd Feb Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM); Manchester 
Sun 24th Feb The Wharf Community Art Centre; Tavistock 
Tue 26th Feb The Waterfront; Norwich 
Wed 27th Feb Islington Assembly Hall; London 
Thu 28th Feb  ARC (Stockton Arts Centre); Stockton-on-Tees 
Fri 1st Mar   Carnegie Theatre; Workington 
Sat 2nd Mar Cheese & Grain; Frome 
Sun 3rd Mar   The Stables; Milton Keynes 

2nd time VATA have toured with Heep, and if you missed it last time round (why?), I'd recommend you give a gig a go this time, Heep are on seriously rejuvenated form. There's a very generous nod to Virgil from Heep's vocalist Bernie Shaw in an interview in this month's Classic Rock.

176 (edited by BansheeUK 2013-02-07 08:35:32)

Something band, spankin' new from the lads, debuted at Skeggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2USZAEX8XpY.

Work in progress? Sounds bl***y good to me already.

And something else....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svB9RkTuXz0

177 (edited by BansheeUK 2013-03-01 05:32:47)

Oh man; ears are definitely ringing after last night. The VATA lads and Uriah Heep at Stockton ARC. Probably not the biggest venue on the current tour (not much of it left by the way…..) but great opportunity to get up-close and personal with the (high and) mighty Heep. Jeez, I think those guys are aging backwards! If the world is hit by asteroids, rocked by super volcanoes and shaken by mega-tsunamis, the only things that will survive will be cockroaches, Audi cars and Uriah Heep.

Okay, this is Virgil’s thread but I know for certain he won’t mind one bit me giving Uriah Heep a good mention. VATA’s own opening slot had a bit more bite last night; whether it was the cramped stage ( tight squeeze just to get Heep’s gear on the limited ARC stage) or the technical glitch with Virgil’s monitor but he had a bit more “grit” in his delivery and aggression in playing. That carries over into Gabba & Jack: Gabba, all hair and arms reminding me of Nirvana-days Dave Grohl. What did we get then, in the allotted 35 mins? Working Man, Reason To Believe, Bad Girl/Backstabber, 88 & Are You Experienced; tighter than a seal on a spacesuit.

As to be expected, full house for Uriah Heep - we’re talkin’ rib-rearrangingly tight standing; VATA pulled in a couple hundred, easily.

Dates remaining on this tour:-
Fri 1st Mar   Carnegie Theatre; Workington
Sat 2nd Mar Cheese & Grain; Frome
Sun 3rd Mar   The Stables; Milton Keynes

Strongly recommend anyone to get along and give it a whirl.

Don't forget, VATA hit Germany, Belgium & Holland between the 5th & 10 March before coming home to a couple of gigs with Simon McBride (Bury & Holmfirth) 16th & 17th March.

We (5 of us) had a great time seeing VATA in Rotterdam last Saturday. There was 4  in my car (thanks G for the new cd of Albert Cumings you took for entertaining us, the stupid nav system was the only "one" complaining) and one allready was in Rotterdam.
We all enjoyed it very much. Amsterhammer made some vids (Youtube) that you can see.
Only thing was: the event (a kind of motor event/markt) had so  little visitors that the hall was way too big. It was ppl at the front and pll at the foodbar and a gap inbetween. The boys did great anyway. I heard the venue Sunday was better fit to the band. Unfortunately I was to tired to travel late at night to see them again. Would have loved it!

VATA in Rotterdam - Ahoy 9-3-13. Vids by Amsterhammer (you're a hero sir).

Are You Experienced:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7n85Zh … mp;index=3

Silver Giver:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb0-PpjG … mp;index=4

Does anyone know if they got the dancers on stage for Bad Girl/Backstabber?

Holmfirth, 9th November then Manchester Ritz, 10 November. 4pm start.

With Walter Trout, Mitch Laddie, Ben Poole & Federal Charm