Re: Joe getting too big ?

cathysiler wrote:

In answer to the question. This is the Catch 22 of being a Joe fan. You can't help but spread the word and root for others to be blown away ,yet, when it happens, and more fans want a piece of him, we become separated from him by distance, finances, and competition for face time. For myself, I always saw this coming, and, due to maternal instincts, lol, I've championed it and relished his success. Now my shows may be less frequent, involve an airplane, and become more complicated they will also be grander, involve reunions with Bonabuddies. Bigger adventures.
  I miss the "good old days", but there is a whole crop of fine young players I've been introduced to on this forum. I am happy to champion them because the genre deserves a next generation.         Then again I'm old and may be confused smile  Cathy

Thanks, Cathy, for expressing my thoughts (except the maternal instincts).
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Guenter wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

In answer to the question. This is the Catch 22 of being a Joe fan. You can't help but spread the word and root for others to be blown away ,yet, when it happens, and more fans want a piece of him, we become separated from him by distance, finances, and competition for face time. For myself, I always saw this coming, and, due to maternal instincts, lol, I've championed it and relished his success. Now my shows may be less frequent, involve an airplane, and become more complicated they will also be grander, involve reunions with Bonabuddies. Bigger adventures.
  I miss the "good old days", but there is a whole crop of fine young players I've been introduced to on this forum. I am happy to champion them because the genre deserves a next generation.         Then again I'm old and may be confused smile  Cathy

Günter

Well said Cathy.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Joe & those guys are my friends.  I don't really know Animal (Tal) that well, but what the hell.  I hope that he (Joe) makes lots of money.  I hope he finds love & happiness & balance.  I hope he doesn't forget who his friends are.  I hope he stays well & safe and gets laid a lot.  Same with Carmine & Rick.  I think it's GREAT that he carries all the weight and has something to show for it.  THEY WORK HARD!

Everything is expensive.  If you don't buy $15 worth of lattes (or alcohol) every day for a week...WOW!  there's one ticket.

MuchLove
BigJeff

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Guenter wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Günter

I totally concur with Günter. Cathy, you hit the nail on the head. wink

I guess one really needs to look at value vs. cost. Today, you can easily go to a baseball game and with tickets, food etc., spend as much as you would on a Joe show. Plus, the team your rooting for may come out and play like crap. So how much "entertainment" did you get for your dollar?

On the other hand, I've been to plenty of Joe shows now and every one; yes, every one from Shank Hall to the Royal Albert Hall, moved me to my very soul! cool  Can't really say I've had that many times in my life where an entertainment type of event did that to me. So, even though ticket prices are far from cheap, I still think they're a pretty good deal. smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Sometimes there just ain't no arguing with Granny. When she's right, she's right, and she's right on the button here. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

KatClark wrote:
DougH wrote:

I'm seeing Joe in Buffalo in May 2012..
his best seat in the house is $89 and I bought late for near the second row balcony for $69

This price seems reasonable to me. Great performer, nice venues. If Joe were coming to my town in a couple months, I'd have my tickets in a heartbeat, no hesitation.

I AM hesitating on purchasing Van Halen tickets. $338 for 2 tickets at the Tacoma Dome. Still thinking about it.

I'm trying to decide if I'm coming up for that show.  I've never seen VH live before so it's definitely a possibility.  Still, it's a shite-load of money though.

conorb

conorb wrote:
KatClark wrote:
DougH wrote:

I'm seeing Joe in Buffalo in May 2012..
his best seat in the house is $89 and I bought late for near the second row balcony for $69

This price seems reasonable to me. Great performer, nice venues. If Joe were coming to my town in a couple months, I'd have my tickets in a heartbeat, no hesitation.

I AM hesitating on purchasing Van Halen tickets. $338 for 2 tickets at the Tacoma Dome. Still thinking about it.

I'm trying to decide if I'm coming up for that show.  I've never seen VH live before so it's definitely a possibility.
conorb

Trust me, if you go see them on THIS tour you STILL will never have seen VH live...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

YES joe's tickets are getting too expensive....but he isnt the only artist.  i actualy posted a few months back about how expensive it was to see him in knoxville...

i have the ability to see joe on a regular basis.....actual money is not the issue...principle and reaching my gag point on this stuff is where i'm at.

and in the case of joe's prices it's cost him several hundreds of my dollars and some of my friends as well by me passing on shows i could have gone to.

i saw joe in knoxville recently and have the chance to see him again in lexington and i wont be going strictly because i cannot justify spending nearly $600 in four months to see him twice (price includes tickets and gas etc...)

there have been a few other shows in recent years I have passed on simply because of the price.....as much as he tours I would see him 2-3 times per year and be willing to pay a reasonable amount each time.....but you get hit so hard on the first trip that it makes it difficult to muster up the strength to do it again and again.

same thing with van halen.......had two tickets in my cart to see them right next to the stage on opening night in louisville and it was like $340 for two tickets and I just canceled my order.

i dont know many people that are a bigger live music fan or fanboy period of some of these artists than me but enough is enough people......there has to be a gag point for everyone isnt there?

Several thoughts come to mind:

You get what you pay for.

Enjoy your life, you will be dead for a long time.

NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, NHL, cost as much or more, at least you get max effort from Joe.

Thought that with Frampton. Didn't go regretted ever since. Too late now. You live once , make the most of what you have now. Is Joe too big, about time is all I can Say........

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Thought that with Frampton. Didn't go regretted ever since. Too late now. You live once , make the most of what you have now. Is Joe too big, about time is all I can Say........

Puts most comments in line...including my own.
Forgot I paid over a grand for Zeppelin ticket. Money perfectly spent.

Guenter wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Günter

Is it wrong for a man to have maternal instincts when it comes to Joe? Lol

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

The market will determine ticket prices.What bugs me is when scalper get tickets before the loyal fans and jack up the prices. That's a whole other topic.This whole money thing has to be put in perspective.I woud love to buy everything in the store and all the lithos and travel to a dozen shows,but I can't.So what I do is buy merch I like when I can,I see Joe when he is in my area 1-2 times a year.If it comes to a point I can't afford his shows so be it.Good for him,bad for me.Won't change my fandom.
  One of the reasons the shows cost more is because the product is getting better.Think about it.As good as Joe was 5 years ago look at his shows now.Its a progression.The price is fair in my opinion.I would rather pay less(who wouldn't)but realize the reality of Joes increased popularity.This happens to entertainers all the time.Joe may be the first I have followed down this path.I bet VH didn't charge 300 a ticket their first year.
Like Cathy said,there is also a flip side.There are new artists who are great that need support too and come at a more  affordable price.Is Joe too big?No way.The blues rock genre needs someone to bring the music out of the small clubs and let it breathe again.High five to Joe for his talent and dedication.Deserves everything he can get.I feel blessed to have witnessed his transformation into a "bonafied"(lol) star.So long,God bless America!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

masque wrote:

YES joe's tickets are getting too expensive....but he isnt the only artist.  i actualy posted a few months back about how expensive it was to see him in knoxville...

i have the ability to see joe on a regular basis.....actual money is not the issue...principle and reaching my gag point on this stuff is where i'm at.

and in the case of joe's prices it's cost him several hundreds of my dollars and some of my friends as well by me passing on shows i could have gone to.

i saw joe in knoxville recently and have the chance to see him again in lexington and i wont be going strictly because i cannot justify spending nearly $600 in four months to see him twice (price includes tickets and gas etc...)

there have been a few other shows in recent years I have passed on simply because of the price.....as much as he tours I would see him 2-3 times per year and be willing to pay a reasonable amount each time.....but you get hit so hard on the first trip that it makes it difficult to muster up the strength to do it again and again.

same thing with van halen.......had two tickets in my cart to see them right next to the stage on opening night in louisville and it was like $340 for two tickets and I just canceled my order.

i dont know many people that are a bigger live music fan or fanboy period of some of these artists than me but enough is enough people......there has to be a gag point for everyone isnt there?

Yes there is and mine came with The Eagles.  1 and done.

There is a limit of what I will pay to see my favorite acts.  This is the band that started it all - the Eagles.  Luckily I only paid $75.00 for 2 lawn seats. That 1 time was enough money they were ever gonna get from me. Hello DVD.  From that day on, they ask the highest prices from their fans. 

I just seen this from their website couldn't believe it, but knowing the Eagles, I could.

Front Row VIP Package ($895.00)

SOLD OUT

Each Eagles Front Row VIP Package includes:

* One ticket in the front row in Sect. Flr B*
    * Pre-show party, including dinner & drinks
    * Exclusive Eagles gift bag
    * Hassle-free entrance to venue
    * Crowd-free merchandise shopping
    * Eagles VIP commemorative laminate
    * On-site ILAA host
    * Parking (where available)

You don't even get a meet and greet for that price? 

But look at all the other goodies you get.  Parking where available?  So if there is no parking, does that mean I miss out of the $895.00 concert?
I get crowd-free merchandise shopping and hassle-free entrance? A piece of plastic laminate also.  Can I use it as my Eagles credit card?  With all the bucks you boys taking in, that is really what I would want to have.

I see how much of that $895 you Eagles put into that VIP package.

I'm thankful that there are a number of up and coming bands and a lot of great talent out there that are happy if you come and see them. I can have just as great a time seeing a band for $20.00 than that $895.00 ticket for 1.  I'm all for making a good living with costs, but sometimes the emperor has no clothes.

For people who can afford it, it is easier.  For others, it is best to pick and choose and to look out for yourself financially.

I can only afford a few Joe shows, but I admire him for giving his best every night. I think he sets the standard for live shows. Not on just talent alone, but with his heart and generosity towards his fans.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

33 (edited by conorb 2012-02-21 21:16:16)

I have no regrets seeing Joe - ever.  Now I haven't seen him too many times but this past December in Portland was magical and special.

I paid for a package through OPB plus a night at a nice hotel downtown and I would do it again.  A chance to meet and talk with Joe was really wonderful, plus he signed both of my signature guitars and shook my hand.  It was a really cool evening for me and my wife.

We'll be driving to SLC in April to see him again.  Oh, and I'm taking my parents who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this year.  My Mom really digs the blues and I got them the RAH concert this year as a stocking stuffer - they can't wait to see him and I can't wait to take them. 

It's gonna be awesome. smile

conorb

gary wrote:
Guenter wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Günter

Watch it Buddy, you know what happened last time someone showed a little too much concern for Joe's well being! wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

35 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2012-02-22 00:49:10)

BluesMan wrote:
gary wrote:
Guenter wrote:

Günter

Watch it Buddy, you know what happened last time someone showed a little too much concern for Joe's well being! wink

Roy

No what happened?  Someone must not be too hurt to post about this again.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Joe too big?  Nah, not until he plays 100,000 people at Knebworth now THAT is big.  I'm proud that he's done so well, especially for someone who isn't (yet) a household name and he remains the same Joe that we know and love from years back.  He's not too big to stop and talk to his fans, sign CDs, posters ....

I have baulked a little at ticket prices over the last couple of years but you pays your money and you gets your choice.  If the front row seats are too expensive, sit a little further back in the cheaper seats.  You get the same experience as everyone else, only from a different perspective.  What everyone else has said about value for money ($ for $ or £ for £) is true.  With Joe you get 2 hours of great entertainment from a master musician.  You can spend the same buying tickets for an international rugby match, or golf or whatever else floats your boat but for those couple of hours you are getting what you paid for - a great day or evening out.